Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

webfact

2 hours ago, Oceanbat said:

Or they could just issue an ID card like every other country with a somewhat functioning and competent bureaucracy, couldn't they?

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I've already got an I.D card------- a beautiful pink one -------- by now you should have one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

I've already got an I.D card------- a beautiful pink one -------- by now you should have one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could just shackle a GPS ankle band on us all, problem solved, voila! Oh... sorry that idea has already been presented by some minister and is under consideration.....or was that the one with the SIM cards?

1 hour ago, Das Manure said:

It seems to me that the reason they ask for the same forms to be filled out several times is simply this; it's their trap for people who may be making stuff up.

As someone already mentioned, it may be to do with different departments acting out of synch.

I think we could explain it partly by the hierarchical nature of their society along with greng-jai. They dare not upgrade to a cracked Windows 95 yet for fear of upsetting some old toad that takes comfort in piles of paper and pretty, coloured-in stamps.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I don't mind if they try to find criminals or others who don't obey their rules but if you do nothing wrong they should respect us.

"They" and/or some of them don't particularly respect us (for whatever reasons) any other time so why even consider such a strange idea?

In a section titled ‘Personal Appearance’ the form also asks for details of height, weight, skin colour, hair colour and details of any scars.

If I gain/lose weight or yield to father time and shave my head completely bald after I fill out the aforementioned form, will I get fined 4K BHT?

2 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

One would think that all could be easily recorded once and that's it. Obviously the database is not maintained well. 

I have no issue with any information given to the authorities, except income maybe. 

Luckily I am not subject to 90 day reporting, as My work requires me to leave country regularly. But most of the info is actually given when applying for visa anyway.

Guess they're updating their database, and you're only asked if there's any changes next time you make your immigration report. 

46 minutes ago, Detectorist said:

Did my 90 day two days ago in Khon Kaen and no extra form. Filled out the 90 day form ahead of time, attached passport photo, visa photo, embarkation card photo (which weren't even look at) signed the form and out in two minutes

Did my 90 day last week in Khon Kaen (as well as visa extension and re-entry permit).

Foreigner Information Form required.  

In and out in one hour (I was first in line). 

All foreigners are not created equal, evidently.   :whistling:

3 hours ago, waldroj said:

Perhaps, it's Thailand's equivalent of the Doomsday Book (from the great survey of 11th century England)? 

images.jpg

Thinking more like Schindler's list produced, written and directed by Stephens King and Spielberg

Thai cops making home visits to fill ‘invasive’ immigration forms, foreigners say

By Asian Correspondent Staff 

THREE foreigners living in Thailand have complained of receiving visits by policemen asking them to furnish personal details, purportedly as part of a controversial immigration policy mooted by the authorities for national security reasons.

According to Thaivisa.com, the three foreigners residing in the northern province of Chiang Mai were visited at home by the uniformed officials who asked them to provide details like their monthly income, height, weight, and even skin color.

The three, said Thaivisa, wrote about the visits and posted their accounts in the website forum. They claimed that they were asked to provide the details in the ‘Personal Information’ form from the ‘Transnational Crime Coordination Unit Region 5 (TCCU R5).

Full story: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/09/thai-cops-making-home-visits-fill-invasive-immigration-forms-foreigners-say/

-- ASIAN CORRESPONDENT 2016-09-28

9 minutes ago, Cylon said:

I didnt realise we have to fill it out each time we do 90 day, I had just done it last month for Visa renewal, then told it must be done again this month for 90 day.

Don't worry, I did my 90 days notification last week (in Jomtien) and I didn't have to refill one more time that form.

First I think they come first to check your adress and why not... I would like random checks rather that going to imigration every 90 days, that's so boring ! Keep in my mind that 90 days notification is only to update your adress.

If they want correct and updated information about our adresses in their database, let them do their job... no problem.

They came to my house last week CM. I told them I was the twin brother of the guy who lives here; I live in Bangkok

and only visit today.

Told them to come  back next day. When they came; I said we were triplets. And I only visit and live in Udon. Told to come back next day.

They have been no show over 5 days now.

All very interesting. I was speaking with a Malaysian expat; a female who lives on her own in Thailand and not retired. She tells me she is and out of Thailand regularly ( flights) ; this form that everyone is talking about is issued even on arrivals. But not to women ( or children) she said only men are required to fill them out. She had asked Immigration on arrival about this and they confirmed it; meanwhile many Chinese tourists running around in circles with this form she tells me pity their is no other language(s) on the form.

20 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Indonesia as a place to retire is looking awfully good

Cambodia is much better. I just spent 4 months there having a look see. My Thai lady even feels safer on the streets there than she does in Thailand. It is a little more expensive than Thailand since all goods are imported. The bank machines dispense U.S. Dollars, the people speak more English and are happy to meet you.I have lived in Thailand 6 years now and have visited Thailand since the early 70's.

4 hours ago, Renzo said:

Just waiting to be advised where I need to report to collect my yellow star and to have my allocated number tattooed onto my inner arm. Land of Smiles? Really? 

What a horrible thing to say. How can you equate the two?

24 minutes ago, wanna3030 said:

just use this and change the date each time u need... so no stress at all ...and keep cool ... police only do their job

you can fill it just in the PDF

CHEERS

Foreign National Information.pdf

I am logged in, but I can't download it. Why?

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Archived