BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seem to me as though this form is for 'body identification purposes'... 

Some bright spark in a position of decision making power has thought..."this would be a good idea" and then gone ahead with introducing the form... 

IMO: This is just a little ignorantly naive, its slightly invasive... however, when considering the bigger picture there really isn't much of an issue with providing the information in the form (with the exception of Salary).

What concerns me more is that this form is even necessary at all... IF it is for 'body identification purposes' it alarms me that foreigners are coming to an untoward end in such numbers that forms such as this are considered necessary. 

couldn't we all just wear toe tags should we end up in someone's freezer in Sukhumwit ?

There is already a ton of cyber-ink spilled on the Thai Visa forum since I broke the news on the forum about this form six months ago  (I still chuckle at UbonJoe's post:  "Looks like nonsense to me. There is no new form.").  Ah yes, some are still in denial.  

However, on several threads at TV, I picked up a lot of good suggestions on how to tactfully fill in the form, satisfying both my need for privacy and immigration's need to have the form submitted.  I did so, just last week for the first time, and the officer processing me hardly glanced at it before chucking it in my file.  

A lot of helpful information here.   I would suggest to read up, and fly over this little hurdle without ruffling your feathers. 

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

couldn't we all just wear toe tags should we end up in someone's freezer in Sukhumwit ?

Well, given that most of the TV gang wear flip-flops most of the time, your solution could be a safety concern.

These guys are just dumb. Surely the answer to all of this is when you are issued with a legitimate visa to have your fingerprints taken and get issued a "gaijun card" with address, visa status, fingerprint etc on it. Then there wouldn't need to be this malarkey of carrying passports or endlessly filling out paper forms with exactly the same information on it over and over.

OB

9 minutes ago, clifric said:

So the answer to the question HUSBAND OF WIFE is me, eh?

When you fill out the form, have her give you the list of "sami-nawys" as well, just to be safe.  :whistling:

They'll have us in the ghetto next! 

'Good Guys in Bad Guys Out', my arse. Don't be lazy in letting the bad uns in in the first place and stop hassling the good!

Anyone still championing the events of May 2014?

9 minutes ago, Oceanbat said:

.... Then there wouldn't need to be this malarkey of carrying passports or endlessly filling out paper forms with exactly the same information on it over and over.

OB

Digitize your forms and just change the date.  Takes about 2 minutes, including the printing.  

If one can handle posting on a forum, one could handle that little bit of high-tech, can't we?   

One would think that all could be easily recorded once and that's it. Obviously the database is not maintained well. 

I have no issue with any information given to the authorities, except income maybe. 

Luckily I am not subject to 90 day reporting, as My work requires me to leave country regularly. But most of the info is actually given when applying for visa anyway.

Digitize your forms and just change the date.  Takes about 2 minutes, including the printing.  

If one can handle posting on a forum, one could handle that little bit of high-tech, couldn't they?   

Or they could just issue an ID card like every other country with a somewhat functioning and competent bureaucracy, couldn't they?

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 minutes ago, Oceanbat said:

These guys are just dumb. Surely the answer to all of this is when you are issued with a legitimate visa to have your fingerprints taken and get issued a "gaijun card" with address, visa status, fingerprint etc on it. Then there wouldn't need to be this malarkey of carrying passports or endlessly filling out paper forms with exactly the same information on it over and over.

OB

Great idea. Simple. This is the easy solution and I would have no issues with this plan. The only caveat is that the authorities would be worried about fake cards being made.

2 minutes ago, Oceanbat said:

Or they could just issue an ID card like every other country with a somewhat functioning and competent bureaucracy, couldn't they?

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ah.  ID cards. Thailand's a step ahead of you already.  Get your Thailand ID card for foreigners in just 16 easy steps . . .

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/pink-thai-id-card-foreigners-thailand/

gdaya folks,

inn my opion we can expect a deep rooted weeding out, aiming at :

1. illegal marriages

2. tax fraud

3.illegal work

4. money launderiing

5. harmonising thai government agenccy computer linkage

wbr roobaa01