Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

webfact

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2018 at 10:54 AM, holy cow cm said:

Just a plain infringement on any human moralistic rights ever thought had. They are acting like Nazis or Cimmunists more and more now. Where does it stop?

What have you got against the host country checking on where the expats are living in their country ? They visited me a few days ago, they seemed bored by the whole procedure which was finished very quickly, they were polite and friendly but it was a 'we have to do this, don't know why' attitude.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

What have you got against the host country checking on where the expats are living in their country ? They visited me a few days ago, they seemed bored by the whole procedure which was finished very quickly, they were polite and friendly but it was a 'we have to do this, don't know why' attitude.

I have lots about it because it is an infringement on our freedom. It is like a communistic move which is degrading. 

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

I have lots about it because it is an infringement on our freedom. It is like a communistic move which is degrading. 

I didn't feel degraded, it is a procedure that the Thai state requires for you to stay long term, it's just another regulation, nothing to worry about, you are turning it into a problem.

13 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Thai authorities decide what your freedom in Thailand is - not you

with all the weird difficult and criminal foreigners that Thailand attracts,

no wonder they  try to keep some control

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I didn't feel degraded, it is a procedure that the Thai state requires for you to stay long term, it's just another regulation, nothing to worry about, you are turning it into a problem.

You can accept and kowtow all you want and see nothing wrong in it, but seriously it is almost the same as having a yellow start sewed on our clothing. It is a sore spot with me, even though I’ve never been visited. 

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You can accept and kowtow all you want and see nothing wrong in it, but seriously it is almost the same as having a yellow start sewed on our clothing. It is a sore spot with me, even though I’ve never been visited. 

Only the mind makes things good or bad, switch off the mind and everything is neutral. I played with my stepdaughters two year old daughter on my lap while the missus signed on the dotted line and a passing neighbour relatively new to the village (5 years) attested that she had known me for 5 years and that I lived there permanently, then they were off. No yellow star inspection, no kowtowing, just a simple acceptance of the regulations.

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The authorities are nothing more than controlling iron fisted fascists l. They are the root of the problem as it is a corrupt society as they think it’s fun. 

Now now, calm down, the authorities here are far to incompetent to be iron fisted, and fascism would go against the Thai psyche, America is far more subtle with control which is why Snowden now lives in Russia, Thais are uncontrollable. As for corruption, where doesn't that exist, in the West it is hidden, therefore dangerous, here it is open in a naive way, not dangerous, it's live and let live, nothing sinister. 

38 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The authorities are nothing more than controlling iron fisted fascists l. They are the root of the problem as it is a corrupt society as they think it’s fun. 

yep, pretty much the way it is

so what ?

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yep, pretty much the way it is

so what ?

So what. two nights back, having a quiet beer watching the world go by, was told to hide my beer under the table....????

Seems wannabe BiB with red flashing truncheons were on the prowl..????

Archived