Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

webfact

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you all complaining about? Many western governments are doing exactly the same for many years now, mostly not in a such obvious way as visiting homes but in many other ways. The American government has been screening phone calls for years, as well as emails. For few years now they demand all other governments to disclose any and all financial information as well as property holdings of Americans and green card holders off shore. 

In Thailand so far there has been no control of foreigners staying here. Many TV members (well, mostly it's friends of...) are overstaying their visas, many work without legal permit, even more are exploiting the visa exempt program by doing visa runs for years. I am pretty sure that already many years ago Thailand was a good place for criminals to hide in, but according to many news articles reported here on TV, seems there are too many of those bad guys here nowadays, and taking measure to get it under control is good for all those staying here legally.

They came to my apartment in plain clothes 7 years ago and did a check. Took photos and asked for passport. Not a problem for me. I would not like to fill out a long form but am not a criminal or doing illegal business here like a lot of expats. Don't like it? Go home. Skin color? Well we know what Thais like. 

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

What are you all complaining about? Many western governments are doing exactly the same for many years now, mostly not in a such obvious way as visiting homes but in many other ways. The American government has been screening phone calls for years, as well as emails. For few years now they demand all other governments to disclose any and all financial information as well as property holdings of Americans and green card holders off shore. 

In Thailand so far there has been no control of foreigners staying here. Many TV members (well, mostly it's friends of...) are overstaying their visas, many work without legal permit, even more are exploiting the visa exempt program by doing visa runs for years. I am pretty sure that already many years ago Thailand was a good place for criminals to hide in, but according to many news articles reported here on TV, seems there are too many of those bad guys here nowadays, and taking measure to get it under control is good for all those staying here legally.

Yes.. I am sure the hardened criminals living here will be very truthful with their personal information when filling in these forms.  Its going to make catching them SO much easier to catch them whey they actually write they are a criminal for their occupation. 

4 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Your exaggerations, generalizations and rationalizations are good enough for me.  Where can I get this form?  I'm ready to confess.

That's fine. But what are the accomplishing with this? Surely the multiple visa runs could be sorted at the border. Overstay is an issue yes but what it seems happen is the people doing the wrong thing don't bother with 90 days etc. what information are they gathering that they haven't already gathered? It's a pointless waste of time.

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just now, jak2002003 said:

Yes.. I am sure the hardened criminals living here will be very truthful with their personal information when filling in these forms.  Its going to make catching them SO much easier to catch them whey they actually write they are a criminal for their occupation. 

I think you kinda miss the point. So far no one ever visited them nor tried to check out what they do here. Now if the police is coming knocking on their doors from time to time, it's not going to be as much fun and as easy as it used to be. I assume that eventually at least some of the information will be crossed referenced against other data bases such as immigration, labor department etc' and so Thailand might become too "western" for such people and maybe they'll move to Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia or anywhere which is not here

Name, DOB, Nationality, Passport etc..... um, get it from immigration

Parents and Childrens names from another country.... um, how about emergency foreign contact instead?

Name of Husband/Wife... if Thai they know already, if not Thai and they are in Thailand probably fair enough to establish the connection, if not Thai and they aren't in Thailand then they should probably be the emergency contact

Education... not sure how this relevant? if employed here they know already, if not employed it's not relevant

Physical Appearence... you've got a passport photo, you've got photos of us standing in front of our 'numbered' letter boxes... um, get that from immigration too

Seems to me the only relevant information which isn't already available to them is an emergency foreign contact, something they aren't even asking for. Unless that's why they want your parents.... and I'd take a guess that there is a fairly high percentage of foreigners here which have already farewelled mum and dad from this world.

I don't mind providing info required... but I bloody hate having to rewrite it ten thousand times just because two government departments are too useless to talk to each other!

This is going too far, ..... I ... like many farang are choosing to relocate because of this prejudicial treatment we are receiving, while Russians and Chinese are being begged to come. They do not like Thai culture, customs, food, language or even the people, they come because this is the easiest country for them to visit.

Thailand will eventually see what a huge mistake that is being made. Farang respect Thai culture and customs, eat Thai food and attempt to learn the language. Go to any village in Isaan and you will find a farang, supporting a Thai family. You will never find a Russian or Chinaman doing that. They only go to tourist places, mainly the beaches and are taking over those areas.

I was here 11 years and fully intended to stay forever, but I am out of here next week ... never to return!

Most foreigners coming here have ample income whereas so many Thais are struggling. Everyone has a relative back 'home' who is financially challenged; would you show up at their door looking to stay and eat free or not have any house rules? Do you understand where I am going here? Fill out the dam form and be done with it. So much whinging. My guess is that your family told you to hit the road.

4 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Digitize your forms and just change the date.  Takes about 2 minutes, including the printing.  

If one can handle posting on a forum, one could handle that little bit of high-tech, can't we?   

Please send instructions how to digitise the form . I haven't a clue. I know how to scan it into my 'puter, but then what?

I only worked in IT for 25 years but having retired in 2008 'digitising' forms wasn't readily available then - it really wasn't!

Most foreigners coming here have ample income whereas so many Thais are struggling. Everyone has a relative back 'home' who is financially challenged; would you show up at their door looking to stay and eat free or not have any house rules? Do you understand where I am going here? Fill out the dam form and be done with it. So much whinging. My guess is that your family told you to hit the road.

It's the "and be done with it" that doesn't seem to be done with. Understand where I'm going?

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I forget to tell you that since last august; for my 90 days; as i can' do it online, i was asked for the personnal information form at Nakorn Pathom Immigration  near Wat raiking. Very similar to the one's already showed in several threads. Not an officiel form and was a little unhappy but gave it to them.

4 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Digitize your forms and just change the date.  Takes about 2 minutes, including the printing.  

If one can handle posting on a forum, one could handle that little bit of high-tech, can't we?   

Please send instructions how to digitise the form . I haven't a clue. I know how to scan it into my 'puter, but then what?

I only worked in IT for 25 years but having retired in 2008 'digitising' forms wasn't readily available then - it really wasn't!

Ha Ha, I retired in 2000 and it was available then LOL

There are many applications that take scanned documents and "read them" and allow you to make editable forms.

•  

Recently did 90 day report (Chaeng Wattana)& asked to complete the form.

Only gave minimal info as Immi (name, present address, emergency contact).

The form shown in article is different to form completed, that asked where you go, Bank details, contactsThailand & O/S. 

There was no problem with submission of minimal info. 

The differences in the form, illustrates how the whole Immi processes lack consistency of interpretations & down to basic forms.

No wonder foreigners get confused & bad info/ advice.

16 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I assume that eventually at least some of the information will be crossed referenced against other data bases such as immigration, labor department etc'

This is when a slew of horror stories will appear as they begin working through a backlog of people they have discovered have been living double lives or not quite as they had officially shown....

"O, noes! They came knocking with questions about my job two years ago vs my passport history!"

7 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

I think I can help you but first I only used a computer nearly 30 years but they didn't introduce the Reply button until a more recent decade so if you can kindly explain how I can reply I can explain that digitizing is the continuous inflection of the verb to reduce oneself to finger-form.

25 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Download it to your hard disk, fill in the relevant fields, then print.

Here's a link http://www.nvtpattaya.org/nvtp/images/Handig/NVTP-2016-06-22-Foreign-National-Information-Formulier.pdf

Just now, sabaii69 said:

I don't understand your point. Could you please ....say where you are going in a more explicit way. Thanks.

if the form has repetitive information then it does not serve much of a purpose.

my suggestion is to record the so called personal particulars like height, weight etc  at the time of first application for a longer stay visa so that subsequent forms do not need to replicate the information.

but if this is an exercise to genuinely monitor the long stay visitor population, it may be necessary to cause pain one time, having to full lengthy forms.

Archived