BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

9 minutes ago, Cylon said:

I didnt realise we have to fill it out each time we do 90 day, I had just done it last month for Visa renewal, then told it must be done again this month for 90 day.

Don't worry, I did my 90 days notification last week (in Jomtien) and I didn't have to refill one more time that form.

First I think they come first to check your adress and why not... I would like random checks rather that going to imigration every 90 days, that's so boring ! Keep in my mind that 90 days notification is only to update your adress.

If they want correct and updated information about our adresses in their database, let them do their job... no problem.

They came to my house last week CM. I told them I was the twin brother of the guy who lives here; I live in Bangkok

and only visit today.

Told them to come  back next day. When they came; I said we were triplets. And I only visit and live in Udon. Told to come back next day.

They have been no show over 5 days now.

When and If they come to my house I will refuse to fill out any forms and see what the penalty might be. Maybe I will use the excuse that I am mentally ill. Is this to help them identify our dead bodies?

All very interesting. I was speaking with a Malaysian expat; a female who lives on her own in Thailand and not retired. She tells me she is and out of Thailand regularly ( flights) ; this form that everyone is talking about is issued even on arrivals. But not to women ( or children) she said only men are required to fill them out. She had asked Immigration on arrival about this and they confirmed it; meanwhile many Chinese tourists running around in circles with this form she tells me pity their is no other language(s) on the form.

16 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Indonesia as a place to retire is looking awfully good

Have you ever been there...I can tell you, it isn't. 

20 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Indonesia as a place to retire is looking awfully good

Cambodia is much better. I just spent 4 months there having a look see. My Thai lady even feels safer on the streets there than she does in Thailand. It is a little more expensive than Thailand since all goods are imported. The bank machines dispense U.S. Dollars, the people speak more English and are happy to meet you.I have lived in Thailand 6 years now and have visited Thailand since the early 70's.

3 hours ago, waldroj said:

Perhaps, it's Thailand's equivalent of the Doomsday Book (from the great survey of 11th century England)? 

images.jpg

They''re starting to catch up with the 11th century.

"A plain clothed police officer"??

If this was official business, why not be uniformed? How might we know that it's not just anyone trying to steal identity, or if your monthly income is high enough will come by layer for a ten finger replacement of his tea money.

4 hours ago, Renzo said:

Just waiting to be advised where I need to report to collect my yellow star and to have my allocated number tattooed onto my inner arm. Land of Smiles? Really? 

What a horrible thing to say. How can you equate the two?

24 minutes ago, wanna3030 said:

just use this and change the date each time u need... so no stress at all ...and keep cool ... police only do their job

you can fill it just in the PDF

CHEERS

Foreign National Information.pdf

I am logged in, but I can't download it. Why?

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

I filled out that form when doing my retirement visa and I just filled in what I wanted I think it looked more for identification or who they should call in case of Sucide because there having to many here.  TIT