Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

webfact

Oceanbat is right on the mark.  Here in Japan, we all register with the local jurisdiction (city, ward, etc.) and are issued a Gaijin card that we carry with us at all times.  We also (just recently)  receive a unique personal identification number that we write on all official documents.  All of our personal details are in their computer databases.  The Thais would have quite a time searching through all that paper.  I think that they should get their computer databases established first before they proceed.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there's any pattern to this. I mean, have all the visits been only to men, maybe of a certain age. Married, single, living in houses or condos? Or perhaps they're just names pulled randomly out of a hat. I mean, it would be quite a feat to visit everyone on the list, surely. Let's not forget that there will be others leaving and arriving constantly too. In other words, it's a never-ending job. A better approach would be to invite all foreign nationals to a central location from where they can be processed. It all just seems a bit strange, that's all.

Stubby

I previously predicted this would happen several times here on Thaivisa only to met with comments like "why can't foreigners follow the rules" or " if you've got nothing to hide then what's the problem" to my posts being deleted by thaivisa moderators. One person even suggested blaming other foreigners for making his life more difficult as the Thai scare campaign of mass surveillance of foreigners. 

So haha, by not speaking up before you now get what you deserve.

2 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

I previously predicted this would happen several times here on Thaivisa only to met with comments like "why can't foreigners follow the rules" or " if you've got nothing to hide then what's the problem" to my posts being deleted by thaivisa moderators. One person even suggested blaming other foreigners for making his life more difficult as the Thai scare campaign of mass surveillance of foreigners. 

So true. And isn't that also true of what's happening in our world generally - with the never-ending erosion of our civil liberties and the ever-tightening grip of the Control State. People need to speak out!

8 hours ago, MalandLee said:

Love Thailand, been coming since 1967, several months a year since 1990 and now retired here. I am starting to feel UN-welcome here and I never felt that before.

Sorry, I am sincere here, but what do you mean >> I am starting to feel UN-welcome here and I never felt that before<<

This is  the latest evidence of the pitiful ignorance of soldiers when it comes to permissible behavior when dealing with the population's human rights be the individuals be citizens or foreign visitors, resident or otherwise. On no account should any Thai Policman carry out any duty suporting this sencus in order to avoid a prison sentence when the Nation returns a democratic civilian government .

Sorry , but..years ago this political machine started to roll and it doesn't matter under which government new ideas are implemented.

I saw what can be done under communist regime a long time ago then I had to run from my original country to Australia where I spent over 35 years and now I am back in

Europe on my old days because of the same new kind of regime  became as "normal" in Australia.

To rediscover that Europe still have a lot of freedom unfortunately I can say same bad smell is coming here too ...

Thailand is or was my third home but years ago I was criticized hardly here for my feelings...bad feelings about what is implemented or just starting in LOS.

It is sad that having my long time girlfriend in LOS I must be seeing things which remind me my past in two  different political systems I have experienced.

Even my girlfriend can see or feel that something is not right or changing in her country and suddenly she is very much interested in my past political experience ...(???)

Yes, LOS is changing fast and we are not much welcome  ...even with our money.

There must be same "new world order" coming quick to this country  which need all information about everyone.

In my humble opinion freedom is not only shrinking worldwide it is new world law and new "world order" applied by those who planning new ideas about humanity.

Thailand is only next in the  line but also very convenient for some on the top in LOS.

Everyone should start asking questions  what can we do... (but it is to late to do anything ..we are divided already living in lie...)

http://yournewswire.com/obama-new-world-order-speech/

http://yournewswire.com/french-military-planning-isis-false-flag/

http://yournewswire.com/bill-cooper-predicted-rise-in-school-shootings-in-1991/

1 hour ago, sydneyboy said:

Can someone please tell me where the immigration office is in Pattaya.  I know the one in soi 5 JOMTIEN,  but unaware of 1 in Pattaya.  5555. 

I think one is being either pedantic or sarcastic, you know full well that Jomtien is as much a part of Pattaya as Naklua and Pong & Nong Prue. If it wasn't for the massive over build in Central Pattaya Jomtien would still be a wilderness. :)

As would the dark side naa naa na naa naa :) 

2 minutes ago, gigman said:

Sorry , but..years ago this political machine started to roll and it doesn't matter under which government new ideas are implemented.

I saw what can be done under communist regime a long time ago then I had to run from my original country to Australia where I spent over 35 years and now I am back in

Europe on my old days because of the same new kind of regime  became as "normal" in Australia.

To rediscover that Europe still have a lot of freedom unfortunately I can say same bad smell is coming here too ...

Thailand is or was my third home but years ago I was criticized hardly here for my feelings...bad feelings about what is implemented or just starting in LOS.

It is sad that having my long time girlfriend in LOS I must be seeing things which remind me my past in two  different political systems I have experienced.

Even my girlfriend can see or feel that something is not right or changing in her country and suddenly she is very much interested in my past political experience ...(???)

Yes, LOS is changing fast and we are not much welcome  ...even with our money.

There must be same "new world order" coming quick to this country  which need all information about everyone.

In my humble opinion freedom is not only shrinking worldwide it is new world law and new "world order" applied by those who planning new ideas about humanity.

Thailand is only next in the  line but also very convenient for some on the top in LOS.http://yournewswire.com/obama-new-world-order-speech/

Well said! You've hit the bull's eye. Spot on!

Just now, Eligius said:

Well said! You've hit the bull's eye. Spot on!

Even , when I am rather old and should say; who cares what's going on ...because my days are short now...I would rather not to see those changes .Unfortunately ,

I think it will be hard to die seeing this new times .

Pitty for those young generations who never had a taste of regime and are trusting in better times ahead....:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I don't know if it is, but if its about Terrorist's and criminal's I'm all for it. I have nothing to hide.

the last people  filling in these forms would be terrorists or criminals

Just now, mettech said:

I know the answer to the verification of foreigners just get a chip implant and they could scan you where you go at all time.

Is China doing the same aren't they Communist???

What is the Thai government???

Most of people saying..."I will never allow to put chip on me"  ....

Problem is that they are wrong...

They will beg for it on they knees when time comes....

It' s simple..; who has no chip will be automatically treated as enemy of the state hence ..maybe potential terrorist...

Just one example; no doctor services if no chip... and so on and on (nice???):partytime2:

14 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I don't know if it is, but if its about Terrorist's and criminal's I'm all for it. I have nothing to hide.

The 'anti-terrorist' card is the biggest fraud perpetrated upon a gullible Western world. It is the 'do-anything-we-like' card played by the Authorities - on the bogus excuse of protecting us from 'terrorism' (which they themselves have more often than not engineered, false-flagged or faked).

I had my fair stay for 6 years in Thailand and did enjoy my life living in Thailand with the family. But O yea it is time to leave this land of “artificial” smiles and stay in some country with less crap than the Big Daddy of Thailand. Things have changed a lot from the past since Big Baddy has taken control of Thailand with his military views of life and His so called democracy. Are these forced actions from him going to bring more quality tourist to Thailand?? I doughty that but time will tell. I sincerely Hope he get rid of all the corruption and criminals in Thailand. [Including the corruption in the Royal Thai Police and Army] I will return to the land of smiles once Thailand has become a pure democracy country were a farang can live in peace and not have to worry about the next corrupt cop knocking on your door to get more information from you and make you feel like a criminal!:sorry:

More evidence that 'Farangs' as synonymous with criminal to Thai officialdom.

You know the more and more I look at the Junta's strategy of blaming everything wrong in the country (which is a perfect country populated by perfect beings) on 'Farangs' , the more and more they remind me of a certain group back in Germany in the 1930s, (now what was their name??) who also chose a minority population to blame all their woes on.

Whats next?

Confiscate all  assets and round up all Farangs for a mass deportation (don't think they can get away with the camps these days)?

14 minutes ago, Eligius said:

The 'anti-terrorist' card is the biggest fraud perpetrated upon a gullible Western world. It is the 'do-anything-we-like' card played by the Authorities - on the bogus excuse of protecting us from 'terrorism' (which they themselves have more often than not engineered, false-flagged or faked).

Did they fake 911

Just now Amnesty International conference ended before it started as the authority threatened Yuval Ginbar the AI legal Adviser with arrest and prosecution under thai law.holding a press conference or publicly producing a report is Illegal in Thailand. They consider you working etc etc &lt;deleted&gt;!!

PROMOTIONAL ACTION TO ENHANCE THE RECENTLY IMPROVED THAI IMAGE?

13 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Did they fake 911

Oh, that was the mother of all false flags. Masses of evidence that the official story told by lying governments is as full of holes as Swiss cheese (three steel-framed skyscrapers knocked down by two planes - first time ever before or since in history). Whole organisations of independent engineers, pilots, scholars and researchers have stated that the official story of 9/11 (given to us by those honourable and honest men, Bush and Blair) cannot stand up to rigorous scientific or logical scrutiny.

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

Well, yeah, but you're a Time Traveller.  

9 hours ago, Oceanbat said:

These guys are just dumb. Surely the answer to all of this is when you are issued with a legitimate visa to have your fingerprints taken and get issued a "gaijun card" with address, visa status, fingerprint etc on it. Then there wouldn't need to be this malarkey of carrying passports or endlessly filling out paper forms with exactly the same information on it over and over.

OB

Grasshopper, you miss the point!

Your suggestion is too logical. More importantly it would deprive the gov the tool of putting and keeping you in your place, reminding you of your secondary status,  reminding you not to get too "uppity,"  making certain that you never feel too much at home, too much a part of society.

Archived