New fortuner window door leaks fault.

PattayaBoy

Hi, looks like there is manufacturer fault in new Fortuner, water goes inside door.

I checked on mine red plate and it leaks.

Heres example videos

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewFortunerClubThailand/permalink/1803920399884551/

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1618882801721646?view=permalink&id=1802916553318269

Pretty bad, should fix it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, fullcave said:

That's unacceptable. It should, of course, be covered under warranty.  I'd take it back to the dealer. 

Trance do not agree with you. He says you need to repair their own or you do not have CLUE:rolleyes:

I am in Toyota right now.
We sprayed the door and it pissed it out. It leaks.
They brought other fortuner for testing and it was leaking. Showed them fb posts from fortuner groupt too.

Whats they said is absolute thai bs.

Mister can not fix. Every same same.

Mai pen rai not dangerous.

They didnt even said they open the door apart. I had to push for it. I said we need to see how much water go in and why.

Well they agreed but i have to pay 250thb

Its 3 weeks old car.

They not willing to do anything about it.

Welcome to Toyota thailand

7 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

I had a Fiat that flooded the trunk spare wheel  well. Fiat drilled a hole at the bottom and the water ran out. Job Done Italian Style.:stoner: 

Fiat always has a bit behind in development. I recall my Toyota had a large round rubber in that location, that could be removed if necessary to drain, so no need to drill holes.

Who said the Japs are not innovative?

I'll wait until they get it sorted before buying. The first year is always a gamble. The outgoing model had no issues. I think this could effect sales. I'll mention it next time I'm down at Toyota and be sure the salespeople know why I'm NOT buying one until they get it sorted.  :glare:

Archived