Work permit not required

Nation 29-9-16:
This was in an article in a national newspaper about Amnesty International and the arguing yesterday about their spokesman's lack of a WP:

"The Employment Department last year had said seven types of work-related activities, which included attending and taking part in a business meeting or business negotiations, would no longer be classified as 'work' under the Alien Working Act and foreigners did not require a Thai work permit for these activities."

I'm quoting it as I've previously queried about WP details, and I remember in my thread one poster had tried to get a WP extended to include other provinces to cover business meetings with potential clients, but was refused.

I think next week the employment department will be running a course on "How to nail jelly to the ceiling".

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

"The Employment Department last year had said seven types of work-related activities, which included attending and taking part in a business meeting or business negotiations, would no longer be classified as 'work' under the Alien Working Act and foreigners did not require a Thai work permit for these activities."

That was meant mostly for those entering the country on non-b visas for business purposes.

If you already have a work permit they could  say you are not working at you designated place of work. It is possible to have a work permit that states your job requires you to work at other locations as needed.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was meant mostly for those entering the country on non-b visas for business purposes.

If you already have a work permit they could  say you are not working at you designated place of work. It is possible to have a work permit that states your job requires you to work at other locations as needed.

Sadly, I'm only too aware of the requirement about work locations, as that was a previous post of mine. I'm not arguing with you UJ, just pointing out the anomaly.
Taking it to a logical conclusion, if you were a sales rep in Thailand, you therefore wouldn't need a WP, but just keep requesting a further Non B each time.