Phang Nga police officer charged with drunk driving

snoop1130

Phang Nga police officer charged with drunk driving

Yutthawat Lekmak

1475145848_1-org.jpg

Sub Lt Thanom Haesathit caused outrage among Phang Nga Town locals after leaving six people when he plowed his pickup truck into them while drunk at the wheel. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- The Phang Nga police officer who landed six people in a hospital in Phang Nga on the night of Sept 9 when drunk at the wheel of his pickup truck has been charged with drunk driving after results of his BAC test confirmed that his alcohol level was over the limit.

Lt Dusit Phongphan, an inspector with the Phang Nga Muang District Police, told The Phuket News today (Sept 29), “We have finally received the BAC test results from Phang Nga Hospital after waiting for more than two weeks, and they confirm that the officer’s alcohol level was more than 50mg at the time of the incident.

“The officer has now been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol,” he said.

Lt Dusit declined to elaborate further as to whether the officer, Sub Lt Thanom Haesathit, will face a prison sentence.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phang-nga-police-officer-charged-with-drunk-driving-59291.php#1fpkOAfIyXboIGdf.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-29

• 2 weeks later...

Police confirm full charges for drunk hit-and-run cop

Yutthawat Lekmak

1476242836_1-org.jpg

Sub Lt Thanom Haesathit caused outrage among Phang Nga Town locals after leaving six people injured when he ploughed his pickup truck into them while drunk at the wheel. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHANG NGA: -- The police officer who injured six people in a drunk-driving multiple hit-and-run in Phang Nga last month will face full charges, Phang Nga Police have confirmed to The Phuket News.

Sub Lt Thanom Haesathit of the Phang Nga Muang District Police was taken into custody on Sept 9 after he left six people injured after his pickup truck crossed Phetkasem Rd and crashed into them – then he fled the scene.

Witnesses said Sub Lt Thanom reeked of alcohol when he exited his vehicle at a local temple. The incident sparked outrage among local residents in Phang Nga Town. 

In less than 24 hours, Sub Lt Thanom was then released on bail of B20,000 after he was charged with reckless driving causing injury and fleeing the scene of an accident. 

After taking more than two weeks to ascertain the results of the blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) tests from Phang Nga Hospital, police finally confirmed that Sub Lt Thanom will be charged with drunk driving.

Yesterday (Oct 11), Lt Dusit Phongphan, an inspector with the Phang Nga Muang District Police, confirmed that police had concluded their investigation into the case.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-confirm-full-charges-for-drunk-hit-and-run-cop-59441.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-12

2 hours ago, outsider said:

Wow. So swift. Very obviously this Sub Lt Thanom Haesathit of the Phang Nga Muang District Police isn't very well connected or doesn't come from a well-heeled-and-connected family.

Different story if he had been driving a Ferrari, wonder when that "other" incident will receive justice.? 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

After taking more than two weeks to ascertain the results of the blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) tests from Phang Nga Hospital, police finally confirmed that Sub Lt Thanom will be charged with drunk driving

Talk's cheap. The above quote already confirms where this is headed. 2 weeks for BAC???? Who's kidding who. In another 2,4,6,8 weeks the dust will settle and all will be forgotten and go away.

If they ARE CONFIRMING THEY WILL CHARGE HIM, revoke his bail now and hold him until trial before he (like so many others) disappears. DUH

22 hours ago, bark said:

And the Red Bull Guy ???

Hey, stop it!, you know how it works here, don't stir the pot. My question is how do our home governments not see what you and I see every day. Maybe because things are basically the same there. No knock on you, I'm with you all the way. Just saying, I think the world needs a new form of government, I don't have any idea how that could ever happen with personal greed what it is.

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

Hey, stop it!, you know how it works here, don't stir the pot. My question is how do our home governments not see what you and I see every day. Maybe because things are basically the same there. No knock on you, I'm with you all the way. Just saying, I think the world needs a new form of government, I don't have any idea how that could ever happen with personal greed what it is.

Maybe you are right.

But the normal Thai people should be boycotting Red Bull Drink, in Thailand until the guy is arrested.

5 hours ago, bark said:

Maybe you are right.

But the normal Thai people should be boycotting Red Bull Drink, in Thailand until the guy is arrested.

Yes they should but the problem with that is I have never seen a can or bottle of red bull here where I live. They should drag the little prick out and hang his ass though. Sorry I got a little emotional but it is a travesty isn't it. Money talks and bullshit walks. I guess the people are bullshit.

11 hours ago, Grubster said:

Yes they should but the problem with that is I have never seen a can or bottle of red bull here where I live. They should drag the little prick out and hang his ass though. Sorry I got a little emotional but it is a travesty isn't it. Money talks and bullshit walks. I guess the people are bullshit.

Red Bull sold in every 7/11 across Thailand and every supermarket.

3 minutes ago, bark said:

Red Bull sold in every 7/11 across Thailand and every supermarket.

I guess I wouldn't be looking at the energy drink section, but I have never seen any of the guys working on my house or anything drinking it, but then its probably more expensive than the stuff they drink.  Cheers

6 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I guess I wouldn't be looking at the energy drink section, but I have never seen any of the guys working on my house or anything drinking it, but then its probably more expensive than the stuff they drink.  Cheers

I think all the E drinks are the same price. 8-10 baht each.

The recipe is water and 25 spoons of sugar.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, bark said:

I think all the E drinks are the same price. 8-10 baht each.

The recipe is water and 25 spoons of sugar.

Cheers.

Ha Ha Yeah I think thats about right, maybe a few scoops of caffeine, a little artificial color and flavor and the next thing you know old Jeds a billionaire.

Archived