Chinese tourist survey: Thailand is number one for us - but 3% say they are never coming back

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not foolproof when I'm on my own, but close to 100% when the Chinese GF is with me.  She'll even tell me what city area they're from by their dialect and what they're talking about.

Point being that not all Chinese tourists fit the stereotype.  And we don't even notice the many that don't.   She's embarrassed by the many that do, as I'm sure a lot of us are embarrassed by the buttwads that make us oh so proud to be from ____________ (fill in the blank)

I am more than pleased to see I am not alone needing help where Mandarin is concerned

As for what they are talking about I would rather not know 555555

I dont worry or at least try not to worry about things out of my control such as other peoples social behaviour 

Anyway this is a bit too close to home so I am off 55555

12 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If natural beauty is at the top of the list for attractions, how can their number one favorite place to visit be Bangkok?

You ever sit in the Starbucks in the lobby of Exchange Tower when the natural beauties come to work?  Heck, even the fake beauties are a sight worthy of a bucket list.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Not foolproof when I'm on my own, but close to 100% when the Chinese GF is with me.  She'll even tell me what city area they're from by their dialect and what they're talking about.

Point being that not all Chinese tourists fit the stereotype.  And we don't even notice the many that don't.   She's embarrassed by the many that do, as I'm sure a lot of us are embarrassed by the buttwads that make us oh so proud to be from ____________ (fill in the blank)

You are dating a Chinese Prof. Higgins?  ??

22 minutes ago, trogers said:

You are dating a Chinese Prof. Higgins?  

Surprised?  I've got British friends that can tell what city their countrymen are from, just by their accent and choice of words.  

I guess what throws a lot of people off about the Chinese (Edit: and the Thais, BTW) is the imprinted bwana belief that the silly brown people can't possibly be saying anything profound if we don't understand the words.

7 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Interesting reasons why the Chinese love LoS and when it comes to shopping is that as organized by their tour company or unaccompanied at 7-11

shopping ?

puleeeeze ......you have no idea , the things that they would buy they can get in china cheaper . there are only a small number  Buddha trinkets worth buying , as most chinese are back door buddists or christian.. lived there for 12 years . the concept of atoning so that all is forgiven is very attractive to them for all the wrong reasons . you can be a a-hole all week but seek a all is forgiven status with little or no effort when friday roll's around . as soon as they are on the plane they will be bad mouthing everything thai .

2 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

My God !  This is so disgusting . Tell me it is isn't so. 

Poop on Mission Street. Poop between cars. Poop in the alley. Poop in the Tenderloin. Poop in the escalator—so much poop that the escalator breaks down under the strain of all that poop. Everywhere you look, San Francisco residents are saying, there is poop, poop, poop.

http://justice.gawker.com/the-streets-of-san-francisco-are-covered-in-human-shit-1679930931

Be careful people from San Francisco may come to Thailand instead of Chinese.

1 minute ago, Scotwight said:

Poop on Mission Street. Poop between cars. Poop in the alley. Poop in the Tenderloin. Poop in the escalator—so much poop that the escalator breaks down under the strain of all that poop. Everywhere you look, San Francisco residents are saying, there is poop, poop, poop.

http://justice.gawker.com/the-streets-of-san-francisco-are-covered-in-human-shit-1679930931

Be careful people from San Francisco may come to Thailand instead of Chinese.

Ha ,  good one !   

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

A survey of British visitors to New South Wales in 1786 found that 100% would never return. 

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

A survey of British visitors to New South Wales in 1786 found that 100% would never return. 

If the holiday was for 7 / 14 or 21 years I do believe they could apply for a return ticket after their time was up

After surviving the outbound trip who would risk a inbound trip in similar conditions, pushing your luck comes to mind

If the holiday in the sun was for life it meant life

Now I could be mistaken about this so dont take it as gospel

10 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Chinese bags are packed

and ready to go

sitting there outside the door

everyone is saying "goodbye"

TAT kisses them and smiles at them

tells them that it waits for them

holds them like it won't ever let them go...

'cause they're leaving on a jet plane

and 3 percent won't be back again:

"Oh Lee, Wong, Ching and Chong,

I hate to see you go..."

Love that tune. It was popular when my tour of duty in Turkey was complete. I was one happy person to get on that plane.

The part of the song "I hate to go" did not apply, but "I'm leaving" was all I needed to hear.

10 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Chinese bags are packed

and ready to go

sitting there outside the door

everyone is saying "goodbye"

TAT kisses them and smiles at them

tells them that it waits for them

holds them like it won't ever let them go...

'cause they're leaving on a jet plane

and 3 percent won't be back again:

"Oh Lee, Wong, Ching and Chong,

I hate to see you go..."

Love that tune. It was popular when my tour of duty in Turkey was complete. I was one happy person to get on that plane.

The part of the song "I hate to go" did not apply, but "I'm leaving" was all I needed to hear.

13 hours ago, cooked said:

What percentage of tourists world wide take holidays in the same place twice, assuming they can afford to take holidays abroad every year?

Good question.  I know I would, and have returned to Thailand over a dozen times and it is a long flight from the US of A!

Archived