Chinese tourist survey: Thailand is number one for us - but 3% say they are never coming back

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Scotwight said:

Poop on Mission Street. Poop between cars. Poop in the alley. Poop in the Tenderloin. Poop in the escalator—so much poop that the escalator breaks down under the strain of all that poop. Everywhere you look, San Francisco residents are saying, there is poop, poop, poop.

http://justice.gawker.com/the-streets-of-san-francisco-are-covered-in-human-shit-1679930931

Be careful people from San Francisco may come to Thailand instead of Chinese.

did u know that the word "poop" is Chinese for San Francisco???...look it up!

I had a nice time in Singapore.  Would I go back? No.  I had a nice time in Cambodia. Would I go back?  No.  I had a nice time in Japan. Would I go back? Yes.  I understand the reasoning of the 3% of Chinese that said 'No' to a return visit to Thailand.  When you haven't seen a lot of the World yet and your travel budget is somewhat limited, some countries warrant a possible return visit and some fall into the 'been there, done that' column.  If I wasn't living in Thailand it would likely be a one visit country for me.  It's not a knock on the country, it's just that there are a lot of other countries I want to visit--for likely one time, too.  But, for good or bad, with that 41% 'will return' figure and 2 billion Chinese, we're not going to run out of Chinese tourists any time soon.

10 hours ago, Xircal said:

It's for real and the penalty is a lot more than 50 baht.

wash_feet2.jpg

To anyone that doesn't read English, that looks like a rule against going barefooted. 

Can you blame some of them for not wanting to come back if you can't go barefoot on a tropical beach holiday?

On 30/09/2016 at 0:02 PM, nev said:

Why not state the positive that 41% will be coming back and only 3% are not coming back.

Yes, but just consider the number who will be put off Thailand by the unhappy ones, and go instead to countries which get good reviews.

Some 41.1 per cent of respondents said they would definitely come back to the kingdom while 56% said they were not sure about that.

And nearly 3% said they wouldn't come back again.

When you know Asian people are polite and not want to offend.Then the numbers change dramatically as you have to interpret it as 

41 percent would probably come back

and (3+56) 59 percent would NOT come back

On 30/09/2016 at 11:00 PM, oldlakey said:

If the holiday was for 7 / 14 or 21 years I do believe they could apply for a return ticket after their time was up

After surviving the outbound trip who would risk a inbound trip in similar conditions, pushing your luck comes to mind

If the holiday in the sun was for life it meant life

Now I could be mistaken about this so dont take it as gospel

In fact a follow up survey showed that they liked it so much better than the miserable shit hole they were shipped from that vast majority preferred to stay. ;)

On 30/09/2016 at 11:00 PM, oldlakey said:

If the holiday was for 7 / 14 or 21 years I do believe they could apply for a return ticket after their time was up

After surviving the outbound trip who would risk a inbound trip in similar conditions, pushing your luck comes to mind

If the holiday in the sun was for life it meant life

Now I could be mistaken about this so dont take it as gospel

In fact a follow up survey showed that they liked it so much better than the miserable shit hole they were shipped from that vast majority preferred to stay. ;)

On 9/30/2016 at 0:52 PM, NongKhaiKid said:

Interesting reasons why the Chinese love LoS and when it comes to shopping is that as organized by their tour company or unaccompanied at 7-11

I've just returned from BKK and after bumping into Chinese at every turn, I would prefer it if 97% didn't return.

14 hours ago, starky said:

I am sure thats what I said maybe not in such a direct non compromising manner though 555555

Hey starky dont these double posts get on your tits well they do mine

5 hours ago, oldlakey said:

I am sure thats what I said maybe not in such a direct non compromising manner though 555555

Hey starky dont these double posts get on your tits well they do mine

Yeah mate the whole new TVF set-up is a nightmare I'm afraid quite a fair bit of tweaking to do. Its just rubbish at the moment. I wasn't haven't a crack at you but for some reason the server wouldn't let me quote against some other posts so I ended up tacking onto yours. Sorry bout that.

Archived