What happened to Rayong Immigratiion?

Scotwight

The machine to give you a number doesn't work.  No numbers on the screen?  No one does anything for the first two hours they are open?  All the windows are changed.  Two clueless girls handing out numbers but not asking what for?  No 90 day reports done till 10 AM.  75% staff cut.  All sorts of rules posted on the windows to tell you the negative things that will happen to you if you don't follow the rules.  A video playing of a guy prostrating himself in front of a guy in a uniform.  

Did they get a new boss? 

2 hours ago, huangnon said:

I'm guessing that the big manila folders of passports from companies operating in Maptaphut are not as forthcoming these days.

Why would that make them change windows and try and operate less efficiently.  If they had less business they would want better efficiency.  A person handing out cards costs more than a little machine dispensing numbers - like in every bank. The staff was wearing jeans instead of uniforms.  Why paint negative rules on the walls in large print when they had signs up before?  Before 90 day report took 3 minutes now 2 hours.

3 hours ago, Scotwight said:

Why would that make them change windows and try and operate less efficiently.  If they had less business they would want better efficiency.  

This would make sense for a business that has to make a profit.  

This is a government organization that has X budget to spend and will have their budget cut if they don't spend it all.

1 minute ago, fishbrando said:

This would make sense for a business that has to make a profit.  

This is a government organization that has X budget to spend and will have their budget cut if they don't spend it all.

They cut 75% of the staff/budget.  Makes no sense either way.  The only thing they are doing is making their clients angry.  

31 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Maybe the new boss is the twin brother that runs CNX Immigration; thats where he got the ideas from?

I was worrying they transferred a guy to an inactive post (not very busy) and it was Rayong.  Because the only thing that makes any sense is to drive the expats to agents.  

I don't know how Thai immigration works these days, or how they are trained. On return from the UK this week, I saw one person being attended to

and three waiting behind, I was the fourth person, it took about 25 mins before getting served, all that time the queue next to me just kept going. I still don't know how that could be possible.

6 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Do you really think they care about customers being angry ?:coffee1:

Yes.  Seems to me that is the motivation for the office changes.  If it didn't why make the changes everything was fine.  They have gone from 2 minute 90 day reports to 2 hour 90 day reports.  That takes a lot of planning and concentration.

4 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

Yes.  Seems to me that is the motivation for the office changes.  If it didn't why make the changes everything was fine.  They have gone from 2 minute 90 day reports to 2 hour 90 day reports.  That takes a lot of planning and concentration.

You should live in Chiang Mai.If you have say a visa extension for retirement you had better get there at 4 am ,hire someone to stand in the line for you at that time, or be screwed by an agent who will fats track you.

They only process 30 retirement visa extensions a day. We have a huge,growing number of foreigners living here full time and they have less staff than they did 10 years ago .well documented on the CM forum

13 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

You should live in Chiang Mai.If you have say a visa extension for retirement you had better get there at 4 am ,hire someone to stand in the line for you at that time, or be screwed by an agent who will fats track you.

They only process 30 retirement visa extensions a day. We have a huge,growing number of foreigners living here full time and they have less staff than they did 10 years ago .well documented on the CM forum

I lived in CM 10 years ago and everything was fine.  I always thought it went to pot because I left.  That's why the Rayong change was so hard for me to accept.  

6 hours ago, Scotwight said:

Why would that make them change windows and try and operate less efficiently.  If they had less business they would want better efficiency.  A person handing out cards costs more than a little machine dispensing numbers - like in every bank. The staff was wearing jeans instead of uniforms.  Why paint negative rules on the walls in large print when they had signs up before?  Before 90 day report took 3 minutes now 2 hours.

I was just there early last month, and everything was operating efficiently, machine was handing out numbers, just did a 90 day report and was in and out quickly, this I did not want to hear

Wait...I do dress well and drive a car. My gf is a normal girl. Not a hooker. They exchange friendly banter. Forty minutes for a retirement extension.  That included lunch time. Simple. 

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

I was just there early last month, and everything was operating efficiently, machine was handing out numbers, just did a 90 day report and was in and out quickly, this I did not want to hear

I was there 3 months ago and everything perfect just as you describe.  They have taken out the large bar type desk so no place to write anything.  5 people where there used to be 15.  I just don't get it?  When you go in the office on the far right has been converted to 90 day reports.  No number and no speaker system.  You have to figure out your place line yourself.  

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Wait...I do dress well and drive a car. My gf is a normal girl. Not a hooker. They exchange friendly banter. Forty minutes for a retirement extension.  That included lunch time. Simple. 

I dress business, white shirt and long pants.  I never take a Thai woman with me as that is an invitation for graft.  How would they know if you drove a car, they can't see outside from the office part.   

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

So post some honest reports as to changes.  I recently did a yearly extension.  All was normal. No hint of a new boss, all smiles and business as usual.

I thought I did.  I reported on a 90 day report that took 2 hours.  It was my 30th 90 day report at the Rayong office.  It took longer for my last report than the previous 30 reports put together.  

13 hours ago, NickJ said:

Well. Why do you think they don't like you?

Are you fat and loud?  Did you shower?

Are you aggressive? 

Start looking at yourself. 

I know you are trying to start a fight with me but I've been to the Rayong Immigration 30 times and have said nothing unless asked.  The only thing I said this time was "gow sip wan" (90 days).  I've been in Thailand many years longer than you and if you were smart you would cultivate the old timers like me.  

If you want to contribute something to this thread try telling us about your trip to Rayong Immigration recently.  Like I said 3 month ago everything was fine the same as it has been for 10 years.  Something radical has changed iin the past few weeks.  

Nothing happened to me that did not happen to the other 5 people doing their 90 day report and those people were men and women from a variety of Western and Asian countries.  

22 hours ago, Scotwight said:

OK I found out from a government employee.  100% new staff.  Not corrupt but very very slow.  So new they don't have uniforms yet.  

Thanks for the update. Was last there for a 90 day report in late August, and no signs of the turmoil to come. There was a big 'tomboy' clique of female staff operating there in the Rayong office for several years, according to my Thai staff, not soliciting for money as such, but "gifts" very welcome to speed along the interminably-slow process of 1-year visas, etc.

Obviously a new boss operating there with the authoritarian signs and messages to their 'customers'. In truth they don't need much encouragement to revert to the quasi-fascist mindset they've been hardwired with from birth. Just dress smart and smile a lot; seems to mollify them enough to get what you want.

3 hours ago, beachproperty said:

....35 minutes to call my number...

Just wondering about the number. I went there last week, both to do a 90-day report and get a residence letter for driving licence renewal. The automatic number machine was broken down, and there were two spikes, one with green and one with blue plastic cards, and no indication of what the different colours represent. I took a green card but the numbers didn't seem to be in sequence, so after a few minutes' hesitation while no numbers were being called I popped my head round the door of the 90-day office and one of the two desks was vacant. The guy behind it beckoned me in and I hardly had time to sit down before he handed me the receipt/next date slip. He told me I could get the residence letter from the 'Administration Office' at the other end of the hall.

I just walked into the Admin Office and a girl invited me to fill in the form while I was sat at her desk. She also photocopied something (I think it was the Departure Card) which I had forgotten - no nonsense about having to go outside to get photocopies.

During the brief time I was sat outside waiting for the letter there was almost no activity at the normal "extension" windows, although 80% of the seats in the hall were occupied, and I didn't hear any numbers being called. I don't have to go back there till next Feb (assuming the online reporting works when I need it), so perhaps there will be a greater semblance of order by then.

By the way, I've never filled in a Foreign National Information Form, and I wasn't asked to on this occasion.

Archived