What happened to Rayong Immigratiion?

Scotwight

On 10/1/2016 at 0:03 PM, Scotwight said:

Why would that make them change windows and try and operate less efficiently.  If they had less business they would want better efficiency.  A person handing out cards costs more than a little machine dispensing numbers - like in every bank. The staff was wearing jeans instead of uniforms.  Why paint negative rules on the walls in large print when they had signs up before?  Before 90 day report took 3 minutes now 2 hours.

i was there late september 90 day reporting took 5 minutes. machine was working the writing desk was outside the front. however some lady came and got me promptly and took me into the office on the right. wud hav been quicker than 5 minutes but she had to load paper in the printer

the point is everyones getting there 90 days

1 hour ago, buckieonsoi4 said:

What happened to ON-LINE-REPORTING ?  For the 90 day thang?

As you will see if you check the "Thai visas, residency and work permits" forum, questions which have been asked (and answered) several times recently!

Unless you state otherwise, this does not appear to be an issue specific to the Rayong Immigration Office.

On 10/12/2016 at 8:54 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

They are trying to shake down a mate of mine for 25,000 Baht for a non-imm O visa that costs 2,000 Baht

On 10/22/2016 at 7:30 AM, NanLaew said:

Immigration doesn't do visas.

Suspect that he's talking, in fact, about a non-O conversion - which, to the best of my knowledge, cannot be done at the Rayong Immigration Office in any case!

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

Suspect that he's talking, in fact, about a non-O conversion - which, to the best of my knowledge, cannot be done at the Rayong Immigration Office in any case!

You are correct about the non-O conversion but CW immigration Bangkok tell him he must apply in Rayong.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

You are correct about the non-O conversion but CW immigration Bangkok tell him he must apply in Rayong.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Useful to know that Rayong is one of the few offices (along with Jomtien) where horrendous trips to Bangkok for non-O conversion purposes are not the strict order of the day!

Now if only we Brits could be spared such horrendous trips at passport renewal time......

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 7:04 AM, steve187 said:

Are Rayong enforcing tm28's and tm 30's

They are certainly now enforcing TM30's at least in my experience. When I applied there for my latest retirement extension in July, an officer spoke at length to my wife to inform her that she really did now need to provide them with a completed TM30 as my housemaster after 8 years of my living here. Fortunately, they didn't deny me a retirement extension on those grounds. And neither did they threaten her with any fine: on the contrary she was told that she could simply drop the completed TM30 by when she was next in the neighbourhood! Seeing as this probably wouldn't be until July 2017 when I apply for my next retirement extension, we mailed it in with my next 90-day report at the end of August, and back came their acknowledgement slip along with that for my 90-day report in the post a week later without any problem.

Ferried a mate to Maptaphut earlier today for his 90-day report. The office for 90-day reporting is now to the left as you face the building, enclosed in the space where the 'photo-copy counter' used to be. Two desks inside, no obvious queuing system apart from concrete benches outside the door where presumably you sit and wait if there are applicants already inside. You just stand at the desk and wait while the guy scans the barcode of your old slip and prints off a new one.

I briefly looked inside the main hall. There are two small boxes on top of the defunct automatic ticket machine containing new laminated number cards. One box is labelled 'Tourist, Retirement, Re-entry' , the other 'BOI' and some other categories, including 'Thai Family'. There seemed to be a new screen, but no numbers displayed.

I was there last week for my 90 day. Discovered the new layout and office for 90 day reports is on the outside to the left. There is a que system but difficult to see. The cards with the numbers are on a spike in the corner near the sliding door. When I first arrived that morning there was a lady in civilian clothes helping directing traffic and she pointed me to the numbers.

My feeling is this is a possible temporary set up and some plans to re-model the interior are in the planning phase.

90-day reporting in person these days certainly sounds a whole lot of fun if (as definitely used to be the norm in my experience) you found yourself stuck at the back of a lengthy queue consisting mainly of agents each seeking bumper-bundle reports on behalf of a whole army of foreigners working on the nearby industrial estate. Now you're forced in such circumstances to hang around outside for ages in the stifling heat and (depending on the time of year) pouring rain, it would appear - a wait which would, of course, prove all the more uncomfortable if it was standing room only for most of the time with all concrete benches taken! :sad:

Went to Rayong Immigration today to do my 90 day report, went prepared with copies of everything, all they wanted was my passport and TM47 no extra forms, in and out in five minutes, that made up for the 55 KM drive each way

4 hours ago, flexomike said:

Went to Rayong Immigration today to do my 90 day report, went prepared with copies of everything, all they wanted was my passport and TM47 no extra forms, in and out in five minutes, that made up for the 55 KM drive each way

Many thanks for this reassuring report. Maybe all the agents I frequently used to find myself standing behind now use the online system for reporting their clients?

15 hours ago, OJAS said:

. Maybe all the agents I frequently used to find myself standing behind now use the online system for reporting their clients?

I don't think so. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, both officers in the 90-day office had large bundles of passports on their desks, obviously bulk applications. One of them simply broke off what he was doing and dealt with my pal. I don't know where the agents were, but on reflection if they have to get say 20 clients processed, if they are only coming from the local industrial estates which is where most of the punters work it would be quicker to nip round and dump them with Immigration than to complete 20 online reports - I mean, knowing what we do about the erratic nature of the online system would you like to go through that 20 times?

At the moment the system just seems to be that if there's no-one waiting outside, just go into the office. If there are applicants standing at both desks, just wait outside till one of them comes out.

went there today to do a tm30, turn left and go to the office at the end, also now where they do the copying, no need to take a ticket which as Eff1n2ret posted are on the table as you walk in. A friend came along as he had been in the Uk for 6 months, but his old last year tm30 was still good.

9 minutes ago, steve187 said:

went there today to do a tm30, turn left and go to the office at the end, also now where they do the copying, no need to take a ticket which as Eff1n2ret posted are on the table as you walk in. A friend came along as he had been in the Uk for 6 months, but his old last year tm30 was still good.

A relief to know that one's original TM30 still appears to be valid there after a subsequent trip to foreign parts! :smile:

Archived