golf in hat yai

rughead

planning on moving to hat yai near end of this year

i am a keen golfer

any expat type golf society in hat yai-songkhla 

or is there membership of local golf club with regular competitions

appreciate any input 

thanks

Yes mate there are some good courses in HY, southern hills for one and another one a bit run down out by the waterfalls .. I don't play but I will put you in contact with some who do when you arrive.

Theres a few retired people who play and also some of the oil and power station guys, although they are gradually disappearing.

Recom273

Thanks  very much for the help  / info

I will ? how to contact you when i come down, probably around beginning December

new to posts on thai visa although i always read the forums for info etc 

once again thanks

Rughead

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned by recom273, Southern Hills is a very nice one. There's another good one right next to the military base on Kanjanawanit Road. There's another, basic one, right next to airport. Since this is right next to where I live, I often play there.

None of these require a membership; Southern Hills and the good one next to the military base come with a caddy included in the green fee. The one next to the airport does not have caddies. 

We're a group of three, not-so-great golfers, who often play a game on Sunday mornings for good fun. If you're interested in joining us, feel free to PM me. 

Archived