Changing of address

I will be going to immigration to report my change of address using the 'TM28' form. I've moved condo within Bangkok. It says on the form about informing the police within 24 hours - is this right? Do I need to go to the nearest police station before I go to immigration?

• You are supposed to report within 24 hours, and they could fine you up to 5,000 baht plus an additional 200 baht per day from the day they issue the fine until its paid.
  • They will go by the date you put on the TM.28, and don't require proof of the actual day you move.
  • This report should be made to your local immigration office. Reporting to the police isn't enforced.
Edited by elviajero

This is true even for apartment (or guest house) dwellers ? You are supposed to file TM28 every time you move to a new locale ?

Is this not the landlord's responsibility ? And then why do you need to do 90 day reports if your address is reported upon each move ?

23 minutes ago, tonray said:

This is true even for apartment (or guest house) dwellers ? You are supposed to file TM28 every time you move to a new locale ?

Is this not the landlord's responsibility ? And then why do you need to do 90 day reports if your address is reported upon each move ?

I you are on an extension of stay you have to change your address every time you move by filing a TM28.

The landlords filing a TM30 does not change your address since it could be an overnight stay in a hotel.

Neither report has anything to do with doing your report of staying longer than 90 days in the country.