Lecherous monk with girlfriend shock Thais who demand action!

webfact

Lecherous monk with girlfriend shock Thais who demand action!

pm5.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Thais are outraged after a monk was pictured in several compromising and inappropriate positions with his girlfriend on the Line application.

Netizens have called for action with phone numbers being posted in an effort to track down the saffron clad individual, reported Daily News.

The story reached national TV too with the presenters barely able to hide their sense of shock.

Line posts said it should not be too hard to track them down - their faces were clearly shown and it looked like the pictures were snapped in monks quarters.

Phone numbers were given on Line along with suggestions of which local and national Buddhist authorities to contact to get action.

Monks are not meant to touch women at all let alone be hugging, kissing and in such close proximity to a woman.

Some questioned the veracity of the pictures while others wondered if they were old snaps.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-03

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the embezzlement case the other monk got involved in? If that gets no action by the  authorities, what's this little debacle going to result in?

Those photos must be photo shopped, no monk would do such a thing :cheesy:

Monks are upstanding respectable decent men, would  not touch a woman, let alone engage in sexual activity.

Yes if you believe that, you will believe anything.

The Buddhist leadership needs to change the system in Thailand. Many Thais become monks only out of tradition knowing they will drop out in a few weeks and come back to society. Others do it because they have no job or life plan. Thailand needs to reclassify what a monk is and how one can become one in my opinion. These people who join for short term reasons need to be treated as novices and need to wear something like simple white clothing. They should be required to follow the precepts but not be allowed to become and
"instant" monk. The can still make merit this way and if they truly wish to go further after they go for a certain period as a novice they could actually go through the process to become a monk. The system is just not working as it is now. Okay many will probably disagree with this suggestion but it would be a way to screen people for sincerity and a way to raise the quality of those actually wearing the robes.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Monks are upstanding respectable decent men, would  not touch a woman, let alone engage in sexual activity.

Although that wasnt what was said by anyone .

My guess the parents pushed him to become a monk for three months and the GF visited him. Stupid to put it on Line but they are just human. If I would become a monk for 3 months and my Mrs would visit me at the Wat I still would call her Darling and give her a good bye jup jup but wouldn't share it online.

27 minutes ago, CockneyGit said:

What's always amazed me is that you can visit a temple here for some 'spiritual' guidance, and yet the monk that you speak to could have been a womanizing alcoholic deadbeat a few weeks previously.

Religions eh..??

What make you think they have changed their ways???

Although the majority of monks in Thailand a really nice and good people, but unfortunately there are many bad apples and a few really rotten ones in the barrel which tarnishes the image of the brotherhood.

Thailand and Buddhism need to sort out the mess, my suggestions are that monks must first be novice monks for at least 6 months before being able to wear the saffron robes, then all temples should have a set limit on the number of monks set by the community that provides alms.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

I believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus does that make me eligible to believe that all monks are upstanding decent Buddhists who would never stray from the true path? 

Years back my ex-gf was invited to the home of one of her former uni classmates to celebrate him joining the monk hood.

I discreetly asked what would make a young man give up his good job, lifestyle etc to become a monk but the gf just laughed and said " it's only for A Month ! "

2 minutes ago, trogers said:

Gone are those days when a man has to be first castrated before being allowed into the Harlem...

"...before being allowed into the Harlem..."   Is that the Manhattan Harlem, or did you mean seraglio?;)

6 minutes ago, trogers said:

Gone are those days when a man has to be first castrated before being allowed into the Harlem...

I went to Harlem in 1983 without being first castrated.  I only just got out without something much worse though.  It was a scary place in those days!

Archived