Krabi vet asks for donations to feed baby elephant

webfact

Krabi vet asks for donations to feed baby elephant

Phuket Gazette - 

krab.jpeg          

The rejected baby elephant needs up to 20 liters of milk each day. Carers are using powdered milk for infants, which costs about 1,000 baht a day. Photo: Kritsada Muanhawong

KRABI: -- A vet in Krabi is appealing the public to help fund milk supplies for a newborn male elephant who was rejected by his mother and needs up to 20 liters of infant formula a day. 

The baby elephant was born on September 7 to a 20-year-old elephant named ‘Pang Rampai’. However, the mother is refusing to feed the young pachyderm so veterinarian and elephant keeper Kajornpat Boonprasert has moved the baby to an elephant hospital in Klongthom District.

“The baby elephant's mother rejected him and tried to harm him. We tried to keep him close to his mother, but she can’t produce enough milk. This had stunted the baby’s growth and he has dry skin as a result,” said Mr Kajornpat. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Krabi-vet-asks-donations-feed-baby-elephant/65659?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-10-03

Don't want to be the guy who says : in my country .....but yeah , there the farmers get subsidies to produce LESS milk !  The milk is far better and half the price of the cr_p they sell here.

Donate for Thai milk ? No thanks . If only I could cheap import European milk , sure then I would donate for the cute little  elephant.

Archived