Body in freezer: Focus shifts to the death of "Peter's" friend Robert Grundy

webfact

Body in freezer: Focus shifts to the death of "Peter's" friend Robert Grundy

am1.jpg

Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- The police investigation of the body in the freezer case has shifted to the friend called Robert Grundy an associate of the man known as "Peter".

Peter has implicated Robert Grundy in the killing of the Hungarian born US national found cut up in the freezer at the business premises in Sukhumvit Soi 56 during a passport forgery raid 11 days ago, reports tnamcot.

The man in the freezer was thought to have been killed in 2008 before being cut into several pieces and stored.

Peter is believed to have taken Grundy to be cremated at a temple in Huay Kwang, Bangkok. Police are examining Grundy's financial transactions as well as those of the other suspects.

They have requested their police counterparts in the US for details about Grundy including his dental records. They need to verify information they have already obtained.

It was also revealed that the cremation - allegedly following Grundy's death from cancer - was hurried along supposedly to get the ashes to waiting US relatives. However, the ashes were not collected.

Met police chief Sanit Mahathavorn said that the case against the three suspects in custody had made "great progress". But he remained tight lipped saying that more details needed to be corroborated.

He did confirm that Peter was not the real ringleader's name and that the three suspects had used at least 10 fake passports between them over the years.

Meanwhile sanook.com citing unnamed police sources said that "Peter", an ex Vietnam veteran had lived a life like a star in Hollywood movies of horror and fraud.

He was likened to the central character in "Catch me if you can".

They said that he had travelled across Asia including Burma, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong and Thailand committing crimes related to drugs and murder. He had used fake passports to escape justice, they alleged.

They also said that his fingerprints were not found in the bags used to wrap the corpse in the freezer but were in fact those of Aaron Thomas Gabel, 40, another of the suspects. 

There were also prints of another person, said sanook.com.

they also reported that the dead man of Hungarian descent was the CEO of a Los Angeles firm in building construction and train track laying.

Police have also interviewed Peter's estranged wife again, they added.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-04

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Which begs the question "Why did 'Peter' keep a cut up body in his freezer for 8 years if he didn't kill him?"
Imo 'Peter's' telling porky pies.

Somebody trying to hold something over the other guy?   Waiting for the perfect time to get the body cremated or find a place to do it and work out the details of delivering a cutup corpse to a place for cremation with no questions asked?

21 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Somebody trying to hold something over the other guy?   Waiting for the perfect time to get the body cremated or find a place to do it and work out the details of delivering a cutup corpse to a place for cremation with no questions asked?

Holding something over someone maybe--- as it's the only near sane reason to lug a freezer around for 8 years.

This Peter/ Herbert la Fon is sounding more like a CIA operative by the day, in which case the CIA will deny that and just have him down as wanted.

Whatever his business was hopping around the world on fake passports and linked to nasty crime/ murder does not sound like a mere passport forger.

They are making a big deal out of this because it is so easy to solve as they know these guys are guilty of all kinds of stuff, and they have admitted it. Great work by the Thai Police in deed. If the lady next door hadn't gotten suspicious these boobs wouldn't have a clue of anything about it.

17 minutes ago, Grubster said:

They are making a big deal out of this because it is so easy to solve as they know these guys are guilty of all kinds of stuff, and they have admitted it. Great work by the Thai Police in deed. If the lady next door hadn't gotten suspicious these boobs wouldn't have a clue of anything about it.

That's how the wallopers get a lot of their leads, dropped in by neighbours, friends, etc.  All's fair in love and war.

I find it intriguing that the body wasn't disposed of gradually over eight years, bits buried in different parts of the country, dumped in the sea, etc.  Then he's only have to answer for passport forgery and shooting at a raiding cop.

This is why the guy who posted that it may have been to hold something over another is feasible .

The fact that this Herbert La Fon moved around the world so often with impunity on forged passports not only makes a mockery of Thailand's passport security but many other countries, including Interpol.

Ex Vietnam, wanted by the FBI , moves around the world on forged passports while escaping all the time while being involved in murder and fraud on a global scale.

He sounds like a CIA operative, maybe some other nasty that was involved had something over him, and the fridge was the insurance stale mate, who knows, then what other reason is there other than complete insanity.

24 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

That's how the wallopers get a lot of their leads, dropped in by neighbours, friends, etc.  All's fair in love and war.

I find it intriguing that the body wasn't disposed of gradually over eight years, bits buried in different parts of the country, dumped in the sea, etc.  Then he's only have to answer for passport forgery and shooting at a raiding cop.

Yeah remember the Hotel owner turning in the bomber, The cops solved that one too, and took the reward money, If I were Thai I would never take the risk of implicating someone like that after that fiasco.

Yes there must have been a reason to keep that body, or any half sane man would have gotton rid of it by now. 

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Which begs the question "Why did 'Peter' keep a cut up body in his freezer for 8 years if he didn't kill him?"
Imo 'Peter's' telling porky pies.

Or at all. I think in eight years I could have found the time to dump the pieces

He was not dobbed in by the neighbour. A couple of weeks prior they caught a guy with a fake passport, he told the cops the address that he bought it. the police steaked out the address for 2 weeks then made the pounce at the perfect time when her bet had visitors . It does seem strange at Aaron fingerprints would be on the bag, considering that 8 years ago he was not in Thailand. 

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

He was not dobbed in by the neighbour. A couple of weeks prior they caught a guy with a fake passport, he told the cops the address that he bought it. the police steaked out the address for 2 weeks then made the pounce at the perfect time when her bet had visitors . It does seem strange at Aaron fingerprints would be on the bag, considering that 8 years ago he was not in Thailand. 

Or maybe he was and entered under a different name...

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Met police chief Sanit Mahathavorn said that the case against the three suspects in custody had made "great progress"

wonder how many percent completed the case is. good to put a number on it so we can really see the progress.

It'd probably look something like that if represented visually,

Rango-Fake-Progress-Bar_1.png

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

Is the news media not keeping up the interest? And of course our CSI: TVF is making the usual big deal out of it.

And yes there does need to be some indication of a crime before it can be investigated. It's when there's investigation w/o reasonable suspicion that you need to be worried about.

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Is the news media not keeping up the interest? And of course our CSI: TVF is making the usual big deal out of it.

And yes there does need to be some indication of a crime before it can be investigated. It's when there's investigation w/o reasonable suspicion that you need to be worried about.

It looks to me like they were committing many crimes right under the noses of these great investigators for many years printing passports by the dozens as they go. If I were the Thai government I would not want to much said about how easily these people navigated through the process here.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

I thought that at first, but we have to put ourselves in said position. If we felt bad about or were in love with the deceased, gradually disposing of his remains would not have been comfortable. You also never know what medical science will come with in the future, perhaps they will find a way to bring people back to life if kept frozen. 

Just now, BruceMangosteen said:

I thought that at first, but we have to put ourselves in said position. If we felt bad about or were in love with the deceased, gradually disposing of his remains would not have been comfortable. You also never know what medical science will come with in the future, perhaps they will find a way to bring people back to life if kept frozen. 

I thought the 'romantic involvement' theory was discarded and the killing was over a debt?

The problem with the bring him back theory is that he had decomposed somewhat, probably during the frequent power otages that Bangkok suffers.  Somewhat more difficult to bring back rotten meat than freshly frozen??

2 hours ago, DepDavid said:

Why do they keep mentioning cremation if the body is still in the bag?  Were certain parts cremated?

I read some place the neck was missing. The body was also cut up, not in one bag I assume. It's a horrible story to keep in the news like this. I'm going to stop reading now and hope the deceased rests in peace at least now. 

33 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

That's what he used to tell people. Well not so much come straight out with it but he alluded to it all the time. His mate Aaron said he was ex-Spec Ops (Iraq, Afghanistan etc.)

I thought they were just typical bar stool fantasists.

Aaron was being used as muscle, so no doubt he assisted in shifting the body etc. There was something not quite right about him I always thought. 

Maybe -- if true he was working for the CIA, supplying passports and whatever else in the seedy game.

The fact that they have been operating so long under many countries noses probably adds a little weight to this guess.

Whatever the outcome the CIA would deny any involvement and write them off as nutcase passport forgers, with drug dependence and severe psychological problems

The BIB will put together a bit more info maybe come out with a litany of gobbly gook and case over.

They would not want to embarrass the CIA even if they could.

25 minutes ago, Grubster said:

It looks to me like they were committing many crimes right under the noses of these great investigators for many years printing passports by the dozens as they go. If I were the Thai government I would not want to much said about how easily these people navigated through the process here.

No doubt if you google you can discover long-running but undiscovered crimes in other countries, including developed countries, with far greater consequences as well. And it's to the credit of the gov't that they're not hiding it but giving the press free access. Basically you just want to bash, and it's the usual damned if they do, damned if they don't.

1 minute ago, F4UCorsair said:

I thought the 'romantic involvement' theory was discarded and the killing was over a debt?

The problem with the bring him back theory is that he had decomposed somewhat, probably during the frequent power otages that Bangkok suffers.  Somewhat more difficult to bring back rotten meat than freshly frozen??

Please, don't refer to a decomposing human as "rotten meat". Thanks. I've spent at least a year in Bangkok over the years, granted along Sukhumvit, and never once, not once, had even a brown out much less a power outage. The late Ted Williams's head was put in liquid oxygen by his family to preserve it. An awful story, hopefully the authorities finally intervened. What's happened to this persons remains BTW? Still frozen? Hopefully they cremated him after proper respects paid. 

Just now, oldsailor35 said:

Or there is some kind of a reward for them to collect.

Are they allowed to award themselves another million baht cash reward on live broadcast again?

Just now, BruceMangosteen said:

Please, don't refer to a decomposing human as "rotten meat". Thanks. I've spent at least a year in Bangkok over the years, granted along Sukhumvit, and never once, not once, had even a brown out much less a power outage. The late Ted Williams's head was put in liquid oxygen by his family to preserve it. An awful story, hopefully the authorities finally intervened. What's happened to this persons remains BTW? Still frozen? Hopefully they cremated him after proper respects paid. 

Sorry Bruce, I won't refer to a decomposing human as 'rotten meat' ever again.

A muslim leader here in Australia likened scantily clad women to rotten meat, and how men flock to such women as blowflies do to rotten meat.   AND they were women who were alive!!!

Archived