Body in freezer: Focus shifts to the death of "Peter's" friend Robert Grundy

webfact

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

From what I gather they were in the business of extorting expats and tourists. 

The details I heard were that they would drug their victims and then use their ID and cards to empty their bank accounts. 

As I said a few people I know on Soi 22 were asked if they could assist with their extortion activities. 

That is as much as I know.

very feasible, local visa cards, or the one I have from BK bank does not require a pin in stores, only in the atm.

But why the massive amount of overseas travel on false passports.

Making deliveries of passports for the CIA or maybe as he hated America he may have been working for the other side.

If he was working against the CIA he probably would have been sprung earlier on.

The CIA would love it if he was working supplying passports to ISIS

Seems they had developed bullet proof disease along the way by the way they acted in soi bars.

More to come on this one stay tuned.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

No, I have only spoken to them on few occasions. Never met that James Eger but seen him around.

I didn't particularly like that Aaron guy as he thought he was clever and dangerous, and I thought they were both full of sh*t.

Not your type, Father?

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

No, I have only spoken to them on few occasions. Never met that James Eger but seen him around.

I didn't particularly like that Aaron guy as he thought he was clever and dangerous, and I thought they were both full of sh*t.

how wrong you were then Father!! could have been you drugged and murdered for your atm/bank balance...turns out there a bunch of orrible gits with very very low morals to do robberies like that,woudnt call that extortion either..guess the guy in freezer wouldnt squeal no more when his turn and ended up being shown to many future victims,time will tell as now they caught then a few victims may arise ..if alive still!

9 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

It's plausible although unlikely.

Raises the questions why supply passports to people and why tell people what you are up to? 

Also, they were actively recruiting people on Soi 22 to partake in their extortion scams, which doesn't led itself to this theory.

I believe they were extortionists with a bar stool CIA/Spec Ops fantasy. 

A few members in our club who were frequenters of Soi 22 were drug runners, thief's & professional bull shit artists;  so will be interesting to see if their names eventually appear in any reports / findings... lol

12 hours ago, DepDavid said:

Why do they keep mentioning cremation if the body is still in the bag?  Were certain parts cremated?

There are two bodies being referred to. The body in the freezer is one, said to be a Hungarian-born American citizen who was the CEO of a Los Angeles construction company that did railway work as well. The other was Robert Grundy, who died 8 years ago in Thailand and whose corpse "Peter" took to some temple and had cremated. Apparently the ashes were never claimed. I don't understand why they requested his dental records, but maybe some of his teeth survived the fire and they think they might be able to verify his identity that way. If that's the case maybe the case is in the hands of an officer who respects forensic science and will listen to the scientists and technicians in interpreting the evidence they find. In all it seems to be in the hands of a more competent officer than usual, anyway.

7 hours ago, charmonman said:

I used to drink with Aaron on Soi 22 but would describe him as no more than a friendly acquaintance. He seemed like a decent guy and never tried to recruit me into any nefarious activities or extort me. I only met "Peter" twice. I don't really take to him, he told me he was a physicist and was developing new battery technologies. Again, he never tried to get me involved in anything nefarious. I took him at his word that he was doing R&D.

I find this whole thing a bit shocking as I drank with these guys and had absolutely no idea what they were up to.

I would agree with Charmonman, Aaron appeared to be a very decent chap. As mentioned in another thread, i have only seen him walking his baby girl and talked to his wife  once, who also seemed to a very decent lady. They have been together since 2011 and from all their facebook photos (now blocked), the family on both sides looked like good people and involved in their lives. I would have been inclined to beleive he just got tricked or inadvertently sucked into this mess, but the news of his fingerprints on the body bags is shocking if true. For the sake of their lovely little daughter, i hope it is not true.

9 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

An interesting article. Has the reporter been reading this forum? Anyways, I give it a thumbs up for accuracy.

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/world/dismembered+bangkok+freezer+identified+railway+exec+death+still/12248735/story.html

Well that article gives a far more plausible explanation than these were men of mystery. You have a victim worth millions whose identity was stolen and a few guys who then lived the high life in Bangkok after draining his assets.  They then spread countless stories of misdirection.  Much easier to believe than makers of fake passports (no mention of finding forgery tools or why they would try to compete against Asian forgers) or working as extortionists looking for victims drinking beer on the Pong.

53 minutes ago, Acharn said:

There are two bodies being referred to. The body in the freezer is one, said to be a Hungarian-born American citizen who was the CEO of a Los Angeles construction company that did railway work as well. The other was Robert Grundy, who died 8 years ago in Thailand and whose corpse "Peter" took to some temple and had cremated. Apparently the ashes were never claimed. I don't understand why they requested his dental records, but maybe some of his teeth survived the fire and they think they might be able to verify his identity that way. If that's the case maybe the case is in the hands of an officer who respects forensic science and will listen to the scientists and technicians in interpreting the evidence they find. In all it seems to be in the hands of a more competent officer than usual, anyway.

are you sure on the Robert Grundy died 8 years ago as they were before talking about his friend who very recently died of cancer and was cremated quickly and thats who he is blaming for the murder..unless im confused!! Any soi 22 guys know the guy who was Peters friend who died recently? he was in the gang?

9 minutes ago, tattoodrob said:

are you sure on the Robert Grundy died 8 years ago as they were before talking about his friend who very recently died of cancer and was cremated quickly and thats who he is blaming for the murder..unless im confused!! Any soi 22 guys know the guy who was Peters friend who died recently? he was in the gang?

Robert Grundy died earlier this year, according to reports. He is the one who allegedly died of cancer and who "Peter" took to be cremated, apparently at the behest of his family in the USA. The ashes were never claimed though.

3 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Robert Grundy died earlier this year, according to reports. He is the one who allegedly died of cancer and who "Peter" took to be cremated, apparently at the behest of his family in the USA. The ashes were never claimed though.

They may have found some teeth in those ashes.

29 minutes ago, saakura said:

I would agree with Charmonman, Aaron appeared to be a very decent chap. As mentioned in another thread, i have only seen him walking his baby girl and talked to his wife  once, who also seemed to a very decent lady. They have been together since 2011 and from all their facebook photos (now blocked), the family on both sides looked like good people and involved in their lives. I would have been inclined to beleive he just got tricked or inadvertently sucked into this mess, but the news of his fingerprints on the body bags is shocking if true. For the sake of their lovely little daughter, i hope it is not true.

according to Father then has a different opinion to you on Aaron.....i dont think he was tricked/sucked in as seems in it now for a long while,maybe in awe of "Peter" and probably acted different at home with neighbours than with drinking "robbery" friends/associates,did you think he would shit on his own doorstep or show facebook pages of people they extorted?? Most serial killers are reported to be normal looking and friendly family guys so if they can pretend then why not him? i feel sorry  for the kid sure...lucky she not old enough to know what her Dad was like and by time he gets out then she will more than likely have a new Father figure in her life....not Father Fintan.... but you never know!! its a twisty turny story with many possible endings....there must be others involved with this Peter who must be using there false passports to exit the country quick quick!!

11 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No doubt if you google you can discover long-running but undiscovered crimes in other countries, including developed countries, with far greater consequences as well. And it's to the credit of the gov't that they're not hiding it but giving the press free access. Basically you just want to bash, and it's the usual damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Oh I'm so sorry I apologies.

10 hours ago, JSixpack said:

And I'm stating the news is closely following the case and drawing attention to it 'cause it is in fact interesting in itself. I don't see any particular chest pounding. In fact they've freely stated they are relying on the FBI etc.

The usual straw man argument pointing to something else. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. As you think it's in fact an embarrassment that they didn't discover the crime earlier, then yes they could have covered that up and the entire case. True, if our CSI: TVF were in charge, they would have of course discovered the crime many years ago. And yes it's to their credit, even if you wish to deny it, that they do permit some--maybe more than might be expected, actually--in the country. Yes, they could get even more credit by doing something else, and we have no lack of posters to tell them what that is, like yourself. But that isn't this particular case.

Ok up to you mate

14 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Maybe -- if true he was working for the CIA, supplying passports and whatever else in the seedy game.

The fact that they have been operating so long under many countries noses probably adds a little weight to this guess.

Whatever the outcome the CIA would deny any involvement and write them off as nutcase passport forgers, with drug dependence and severe psychological problems

The BIB will put together a bit more info maybe come out with a litany of gobbly gook and case over.

They would not want to embarrass the CIA even if they could.

So basically your average Thai expat then?

One thing that is for sure is that the ringleader whatever his real name is completely hatstand,no way could he be a Brit only an American could be as batshit crazy as this guy.Shooting Police,keeping chopped up bodies in a freezer for 8 years,forging passports and selling ice,God bless America!

1 hour ago, Think2Mutt said:

One thing that is for sure is that the ringleader whatever his real name is completely hatstand,no way could he be a Brit only an American could be as batshit crazy as this guy.Shooting Police,keeping chopped up bodies in a freezer for 8 years,forging passports and selling ice,God bless America!

More of Brits fantasy. Remember bricktop?

11 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Maybe you keep a body in the freezer to show people who do not want to pay their debts to who want to go to the police.  These guys are not stupid and if they wanted they good have disposed of the body. They used the body as a tool of their profession. 

If I was being shown a stiff in a freezer as a threat, the fastest way to neutralize the threat would be to drop them into the police.  If that had happened 8 years ago, we would have been reading about it then, not now.  The more people who know about something, the greater the chance that somebody will squeal about it.   There's that old saying.....two people can keep a secret, provided one of them is dead.  It seems, in this case, that more than one person did know, a secret was kept, but one was also dead.  

I don't think that keeping a frozen body to use as a threat is a plausible scenario.

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

In 1965 Vietnam seemed like just another foreign war, but it wasn't.
It was different in many ways, as so were those that did the fighting.
In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was twenty-six.
In Vietnam he was nineteen.
In inininininin Vietnam he was nineteen

In inininininin Vietnam, he was nineteen.
In Vietnam, he was nineteen
N-n-n-n-nineteen.

There's now treatment available for a stutter wilsonandson, and a much easier treatment when you stutter IN PRINT!!!

On October 4, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Grubster said:

They are making a big deal out of this because it is so easy to solve as they know these guys are guilty of all kinds of stuff, and they have admitted it. Great work by the Thai Police in deed. If the lady next door hadn't gotten suspicious these boobs wouldn't have a clue of anything about it.

Sounding like the Keystone Cops. 

I knew Peter for almost 8 years running into him and the other 2 arrested guys at our favorite watering hole. He always went by name of Peter and shared his detailed stories of being with the CIA during Vietnam War and being in Laos and other countries. Not sure if lies or not but the details sounded believable. Not friends but "friendly" when we happened to run into each other. This news hits me like a rock in the head since never known anyone that ever had been accused of such terrible crimes. He even invited me to his house but I luckily declined since cops could have busted in while I was sipping wine. He is truly f****d along with James, another watering hole patron and the 3rd guy whom I did not talk with much. Just points out that none of us should take such relationships without checking out people. Does not pay to be so friendly sometimes.  

4 hours ago, Stan7444 said:

I knew Peter for almost 8 years running into him and the other 2 arrested guys at our favorite watering hole. He always went by name of Peter and shared his detailed stories of being with the CIA during Vietnam War and being in Laos and other countries. Not sure if lies or not but the details sounded believable. Not friends but "friendly" when we happened to run into each other. This news hits me like a rock in the head since never known anyone that ever had been accused of such terrible crimes. He even invited me to his house but I luckily declined since cops could have busted in while I was sipping wine. He is truly f****d along with James, another watering hole patron and the 3rd guy whom I did not talk with much. Just points out that none of us should take such relationships without checking out people. Does not pay to be so friendly sometimes.  

Yeah you may have dodged a bullet there

Well don't worry, you weren't the only one who saw him down the pub. The thing you should be thinking is that this gang has been caught and can't do harm to anyone else again. Oh, and one more thing. You've got the balls to come on TV and tell everyone. Thankyou.

Archived