Shootout at Nakon Si Thammarat funeral - policeman hit

webfact

Shootout at Nakon Si Thammarat funeral - policeman hit

a3.jpg

Image: Thairath

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: 00 A policeman was shot after a shooting at a funeral  in Nakon Si Thammarat in the south of Thailand on Monday.

Chatchai Kraithin, 41, was hit in the right arm by a .357 and rushed to hospital. He was seriously wounded but is now out of danger, reports Thairath.

The shooter was a man connected to local politicians at the level of district chiefs. Jaroen Sansern, 57, had been creating a disturbance while drunk at the funeral at a house in the Chang Klang district.

A man called Narp Ratanaburi ,70, had tried to get him to calm down and had been shot at twice. But the gun failed to go off.

The old man credited an amulet he was wearing with saving his life.

At this point the cop, who was helping out at the funeral at the behest of his ex wife, went to intervene. He was pistol whipped by Jaroen before being shot. Jaroen then fled in a pickup truck.

Police who dashed to the scene radioed ahead to try to catch the suspect but he evaded arrest.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-04

...was shot after a shooting...

...and had been shot at twice. But the gun failed to go off.

The old man credited an amulet he was wearing with saving his life.

Un-be-lieve-a-bel

So sorry for the brave but unfortunate policeman and his loved ones.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Jaroen Sansern, 57, had been creating a disturbance while drunk at the funeral at a house in the Chang Klang district.

Being drunk,.... the entitled number one excuse, because he's well connected...... 

5 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I will put this on my list of places not to go,

Thai Karaoke bars.

Koh Tao

Phuket, Pattaya., Boat trips, water Skis, Ten seaters, Bridge clubs and Funerals.

Damn, funerals was on my list of "free food" places.........

5 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Yes. But think how much he can now try to sell it for.

Narp's Amulet -  

+ Defense against .357

+ 2 Luck

Probably worth 100K baht since its small caliber and non-automatic? :passifier:

2 minutes ago, bark said:

Why a 357 gun ?

I have heard of Shotgun weddings

Probably the cheapest gun he could afford that make him feel like Clint Eastwood?:smile:

31 minutes ago, DLang said:

Telling an angry drunk Thai with a gun to calm down....

Not high on my priorities in life list.

You aren't kidding, if I see a very heated Thai argument, I shag ass out of there fast, if you see a gun and hang around, then you are <deleted> nuts.

21 minutes ago, sandemara said:

.357 revolver is not small caliber. Don't ever stand in front of an angry drunk carrying one.

I wouldn't be anywhere near an armed drunk, no matter how small his caliber is.

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

"The old man credited an amulet he was wearing with saving his life. "

.....Sigh........There is no end to it.....

I remember reading a lovely book about the life of everyone's favourite Uncle, Pol Pot. There was one story in there about a monk with a magic tattoo was boasting about bullets simply bouncing off him to a Khamer Rouge soldier. Let's put it this way, he should have asked for his money back 30 seconds later, but wasn't exactly in a position to as the soldier's bullets were clearly also magic...

" The old man credited an amulet he was wearing with saving his life. "  Why don't these amulets stop people from dying in road accidents or people in the southern provinces dying?

Every day I see reasons why I am not religious or superstitious. :coffee1:

Hope the cop recovers well.

The 357 is popular due to it being considered a powerful cartridge by many ( it has a loud piercing sound when fired which can damage hearing ability) but it can also be interchanged with a 38 caliber which is less powerful but much less piercing in the report when fired and less recoil, as well as cheaper to buy for target shooting, etc.

5 hours ago, HoboKay said:

Narp's Amulet -  

+ Defense against .357

+ 2 Luck

Probably worth 100K baht since its small caliber and non-automatic? :passifier:

Oh come now Mr HoboKay! You can get .357 in semi auto and revolver, if you were hit with a .357 (125 grain) semi jacketed hollow point in the arm there's a very good chance you could lose your arm! One or two in the chest and you're dead meat! A .357 is a .38 (9mm) with a case twice as long as a 9mm, lots of swoosh! :smile::wai:

Archived