V-Flats

An excellent question and was just thinking about this this morning.  In rental studios they buy, so I hear, 4x8 1" thick boards in large stacks direct from the manufacturer after making a custom order.  How individuals like ourselves find these in lower quantities is the question I've been asking for years with no answer.  Most immediate method would be to buy 2 pop up reflectors of the desired size and work with that.  Since some have removable/changeable color covers, you'd get mobile reflectors in white, silver black and gold in one reflector.   

There is and you probably see it everyday in shop signage but it seems flimsy or it is in this climate.  Where the sign people get it is another mystery.  The type boards I've seen here in rental studios would be called gator foam in the US, which is a more dense and rigid type of foam.  

• 2 weeks later...

Gypsum aka drywall would be terribly heavy and would  leave chalk marks all over as it is dragged.  Fiber glass I suppose would work but again, weight makes this impractical when you're talking about 4'x8's X 2 taped together.  Given drywall's weight, I doubt there is a tape made capable of keeping 2 pieces together.

• 3 weeks later...

search for praneefoam or the pipatgroup may be able to help the latter actually advertise them. round abott 1200 baht persheet

No luck you could use cork board and stick gypsum to both sides for strength probably just as cheap and stronger

• 3 weeks later...

Archived