Questions about Thai studies offered by Thammasat University

picamoo

Hi. I'm planning to learning Thai in Bangkok next year and find this certificate programme of Thai studies offered by Pridi Banomyong International College in Thammasat University.

Anyone ever applied for this programme before? I have sent enquiry emails to them twice, but haven't got any replies from them...:huh:

I'm well aware of this 'institute'. Unless it's changed in the last couple of years, the administration is very old Thai style possibly meaning an attitude (which does happen in Thailand) that e-mail communication is one-way only, and/or if nobody below fairly senior status sees your mail, then nobody answers. This place would be typical of 'I'm not the boss so it's not my place to answer this mail and it's not my place to forward it to somebody more senior.

You very probably won't see any commercial attitude (here's a chance for revenue, let's respond quickly) etc.

But I understand they do have good teachers and good curriculum and materials. 

From your initial mail I'm assuming your not currently in Thailand, so my suggestion is to call them, and if needed several times until you get the answers you want.  

If you are in Thailand visit their office and politely push for the answers you need. 

I applied for an MA course about 18 months ago and visited the admin for the course - It was hard work getting answers even though I was face to face with the people that should could supply this info. I left with a brochure and little else gain from my visit.

I can only suggest that you investigate further https://www.facebook.com/Thammasat-International-Students-134405653292801/

Archived