Domestic Arrival to Departure at DM ....Time?

Madgee

We are arriving at DM with AirAsia and departing with LionAir.

How long will it take (approx.) to get from arrivals to the LionAir check-in counter then to the departure gate?

With a bit of luck I might be able to use the web check-in for our boarding passes but it looks doubtful as the LionAir service is only available 24hrs before and I might not be able to access a pc or printer during this time.

From the time of arrival to the time of departure we have got about 1hr 15mins providing there are no delays.

Many thanks in advance!

Domestic to domestic with no checked baggage(?), Teminal 2.

No significant delays.

You can walk normally?

There is quite a distance to walk from gate to terminal.

But still 1:15h sounds doable.

I am not familiar with the details of the web checkin.

You don't have a chance to save a PDF and have it printed at some shop?

Unlike AirAsia, LionAir will not accept a web check-in over 24hrs from time of departure and I'll be away in that period of time.

I pretty sure that it takes 15 mins from the plane to the arrivals terminal so a bit of a rush but I don't know my way around the new terminal unlike the old.

No check-in baggage, boarding pass required only.

Is the arrival on a domestic or international flight?

Makes a big difference.

Likely not possible to make this connection if coming in on intl flight.

On domestic it will be a mad dash but you might make it..provided the plane is on time. If you are going to try this i suggest paying the bit extra to pre-select a seat at the front of the plane, so you are among the first off.

No need for a printer for LionAir web check in.  Its in the terms and conditions that if you don't have a printer, just show ID at the Check in Counter.

And you can do the web check in through their website on your smartphone, or download their app.  No need to find a PC

As for speeding things up, they have a new Lion Fast service which is similar to booking priority seats on the other LCC's, except they package a bit more into it - including priority check in.  Its is normally 700 baht but until 31st Dec it is only 350 baht.  Additional 100 baht fee for paying by phone, otherwise need to pay it at the Lion Air ticketing counter.

I have tried and tested the Lion Fast service in the past two weeks, works fine, but I wouldn't use it once it goes to the full 700 baht fee next year - not worth it.

For the rest of your connection - you need to be on time with your arrival, and if there is a queue at the LionAir check in counters, make yourself known to the staff.  They will move you to the front of the queue if you tell them you're on a tight schedule

Good luck

Very tight timing, especially if you get remote parking with AirAsia on the incoming flight and have to be bussed to the terminal.

Lion Air check in closes 45 minutes before the flight as you are probably aware, then you have security to pass and a bit of a walk to the gate.

Best of luck !

Archived