Phnom Penh Non O Thai Spouse (Marriage)

An update - Last week I applied for a multi entry Non O Thai Spouse (marriage) visa. I took the following list of documents originals and signed copies. Non of the originals were requested which was strange as when I called and asked what was required they said you "must" have originals with you also.

1) My Passport / Completed Visa Application / One Photo

2) Wife's ID card front back photocopy original size signed by her

3) Wifes House book / blue book signed by her

4) A hand written letter asking the embassy to please help her husband to obtain a visa, who supports her & child financially blah blah - signed by her

5) Marriage certificate / Name change certificate signed by her

6) Official bank proof of funds from Siam bank for purpose of immigration (costs 200baht from bank) over 400K I believe

I also had a copy of my sons birth certificate & his blue book / house book signed by her which they included in the application - I figured the more I gave the better.

I entered the embassy 9.15 am, they took the documents told me to come back at 3pm to see what the boss decision will be. At 3pm they said no problem for Non O but single entry, I did not argue the case as I have been burnt in the past in Phnom Penh so was grateful for the single entry. Paid $80 return in 2 days pick up.

A question for the experienced ex pats. I am based in Pattaya, at the end of the 90 days I can now extend for 1 year and then keep extending every year after? Do I then just report every 90 days or have to leave the country? To extend do you recommend using an agent? At what cost? Or is it straight forward extending? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks guys!

6 minutes ago, AdiP said:

A question for the experienced ex pats. I am based in Pattaya, at the end of the 90 days I can now extend for 1 year and then keep extending every year after? Do I then just report every 90 days or have to leave the country? To extend do you recommend using an agent? At what cost? Or is it straight forward extending? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks guys!

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of your entry.

You will need the 400k baht in a the bank in your name only for 2 months on the date your apply.

After you get the extension you will only need to do 90 day reports to immigration.

You will be able to extend again before the extension ends.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of your entry.

You will need the 400k baht in a the bank in your name only for 2 months on the date your apply.

After you get the extension you will only need to do 90 day reports to immigration.

You will be able to extend again before the extension ends.

Many thanks for your info.. is it complicated to extend? Many papers, photos etc? Is it best using an agent or persevere and do ones self? 

27 minutes ago, AdiP said:

Many thanks for your info.. is it complicated to extend? Many papers, photos etc? Is it best using an agent or persevere and do ones self? 

I have done 9 of them myself and have not found it hard to do them. You don't need an agent.

Here is a general list of  the required documents.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have done 9 of them myself and have not found it hard to do them. You don't need an agent.

Here is a general list of  the required documents.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Many thanks for the comprehensive and detailed advice ;)