Multi Non O fee in Penang

The fee for a multiple entry visa is 750  MYR and that is the only currency they will accept.
You will need to check with the agent to find out their fees.

Is it went up?

I think it was 500ish?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have just returned and can inform you that the price is MYR750 but you must consider the MYR is now 1.25 to the Baht so it is effectively 25% cheaper in Baht (THB6000). When it was MYR550, it cost the same in Baht.

In fact everything is more reasonable now, EXCEPT the pollution, and absolute chaos on the roads. There are way too many cars and bikes to really enjoy the place. Definitely not an 'island' feel. Even the pavements are now the domain of cars.

There are many agents in Chulia road, I paid MYR as I used the guy many times and he didn't disappoint. No need to book or arrange anything, just get docs to him night one and collect afternoon three. Tons of reasonable priced beds. 

A word of warning, Sadao is a nightmare. a long drawn out one: we left 5am from our hotel by minivan (MYR45) and got to Sadao at 7am. It took 3 hours to get through... I was asked to show 20,000 Baht, I only had 19,400 (silly slip up) and they turned me away! I suggested after 11 years this was unfair: they stated I should know by now...

Little men, in their tight little uniforms compensating for little appendages, with brass badges and medals everywhere - enjoying their power trips :))

Padang Besaar is apparently a better option, we were informed in Hat Yai.

EDIT: I would like to recommend NJ Book Center, right next to the entrance to Swiss-Garden hotel. The hotel is a good choice but skip breakfast...

Edited by ParadiseLost

Forgot to mention the fee I paid was MYR100. You may get cheaper but should not pay more.

Banana seems to have become a corporation now, I prefer to use the small guys as they are just trying to make a living, not take over the market...

One more thing I noticed was no western people running bars, or on front desks in hotels, guesthouses. This is refreshing and makes one realise how much the Thais have sold out their own country - the true cost of corruption.

But not to worry, the Chinese are going to be the new owners of everything, very soon. They are the 'good guys' and farangs are now the 'bad guys'...

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

Can someone remind me when the burning season is. It seems to hit Penang every year from other places but I can't remember which months.

Last year it was at its worst around this time. I'm just back and can happily say there was no sign of it.