goski

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, a little one inbetween because of its actuality.

Tomorrow, Tuesday 13, at about 2 pm the Secretary of HRH Princess Sirindhorn will preside over the placing of the Cho Fah (sp?) on this temple building.

At the same time the new museum, housed in the beautiful teakwooden annex, will be opened to the public.

Where is this temple situated?

Limbo :o

Work in progress:

post-6305-1171247074_thumb.jpg post-6305-1171247096_thumb.jpg

post-6305-1171247115_thumb.jpg post-6305-1171247053_thumb.jpg

The temple they found the emerald buddha is Wat Phra Gaew in Bangkok if I'm correct.

To answer my own and Limbo's. Mine is Dusit Island Resort, obvious I would say since most people know they have a pingpong table in front of the pool.

Limbo's Wat Phra Gaew, well, just west of Overbrook I guess. I mean are there more than one Wat Phra Gaew in Chiang Rai? If there is, mind my ignorance but I'm not a temple fanatic.

To slightly change the subject. What is the thai name for this kind of concoction I have made in total rejection of my own health?

post-24806-1171432677_thumb.jpg

The temple they found the emerald buddha is Wat Phra Gaew in Bangkok if I'm correct.

To answer my own and Limbo's. Mine is Dusit Island Resort, obvious I would say since most people know they have a pingpong table in front of the pool.

Limbo's Wat Phra Gaew, well, just west of Overbrook I guess. I mean are there more than one Wat Phra Gaew in Chiang Rai? If there is, mind my ignorance but I'm not a temple fanatic.

To slightly change the subject. What is the thai name for this kind of concoction I have made in total rejection of my own health?

Off topic Gos, where'd you get the jar? I make a liqueur from Thai rum and small limes and that would be ideal.

Yes, I am indeed proud of the jar :o No, seriously I found it at a cheap market, you know those places that sell everything you can think of for more than reasonable prices? I bought mine at the one just in the southern beginning of jedyod, intersection with the hospital street. Sorry to say, I grabbed the last one. 120 baht.

• 1 month later...

Really it wasn't that tasty. But it was supposed to be very good for you, at least that's what the chinese lady told me. I feel the same now as before and I've finished the whole bottle. Anyways, it's called "yaa dong" and you all know it by that name or as "thai herbal whiskey". Easy peasy you lazy people!

Ok, tihs is a new one, where the drinks taste much better. What is the name of this place, where can you find it?

post-24806-1175384069_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
Really it wasn't that tasty. But it was supposed to be very good for you, at least that's what the chinese lady told me. I feel the same now as before and I've finished the whole bottle. Anyways, it's called "yaa dong" and you all know it by that name or as "thai herbal whiskey". Easy peasy you lazy people!

Ok, tihs is a new one, where the drinks taste much better. What is the name of this place, where can you find it?

This seems to be "the chat house", a guesthouse in a small soi in front of the overbrook hospital, good food, friendly owners.

This is "petit cafe". But....the coffee etc in Doi Chaang is much better...