Goski´s Guess The Location Thread

goski

No, you have to go north east of Chiang Rai. We're in the province but a different Chiang.

OK Goski, there is a beautiful temple on Mae Nam Khong just 10-12 km east of Chiang Saen. Wat Phra Tat Pha Ngao or something like that.

A very big temple on top and a very beautyful totally different one on the road down. That one is not more than 6-8 years old and when we were there last time there was a very nice, very interesting and very good in english speaking monk there.

Good views!

Good you went there in that case because it's correct. Wat Phra Tat Pha Ngao.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one-time motorcycle bridge by where the new prison is now?

Dear Joel, you of all people, and you make a miss!

All the wood disappeared already three years ago from the bridge you refer to. Only the steel cables are left. And nobody seems to have the intention to take them down.

Anyhow, there is a big new bridge ten meters from the remnants of the one you mention.

So three big bridges cross the Mae Nam Kok: the Mae Sai bridge, the Mae Fah Luang bridge and the latest one behind the new (about seven years old) prison.

So if you want to cross you can choose: One of these three bridges, downstream the dam behind Ban Panjamorn or upstream the one suspension bridge left.

The question remains: Where is it?

Any mountainbiker should know, as anybody would do, who invites his guests in Chiang Rai for one of the most pleasant motorcycle rides you can make around town (including rotten eggs smelling hotsprings, so called elephantvillages, villages where people of the ethnic minorities live, little bit off-road and beautiful roads with superb views and more of that stuff).

Also any kayaker would know, rafters and other strange folks.

Limbo :o

As Svenivan still has to confirm that the rakang (temple bell) is indeed located at Doi Tung (is it?), he could at the same time, quickly inbetween, answer the question where this charming place is, known for its very charming staff, as he certainly recognizes the charming owner of it with her charming little daughter.

Actually everything is charming about this place, not at the least its menu.

post-6305-1165365711_thumb.jpg

Of course, the rakang at the wat of Doi Tung!

Hehe, that wasn't an easy cake! Thanks for the help!

As Svenivan still has to confirm that the rakang (temple bell) is indeed located at Doi Tung (is it?), he could at the same time, quickly inbetween, answer the question where this charming place is, known for its very charming staff, as he certainly recognizes the charming owner of it with her charming little daughter.

Yes Limbo, it is Doi Tung. But I thought you were so sure you was right that I did not need to confirm.

I think I been to the charming place. C1 or Sea One on the road to Thoeng about one km from the superhighway. Cheap beer for people that like that. :o

Edited by svenivan

Thanks Goski for the easy one!

It is in front of the little Chinese temple behind the old Wat Muang and the City Navel Pillar on Hom Doi (with a fantastic view on the eight lane road meandering towards the Mae Fah Luang bridge). :D

I am extremely disappointed that nobody knows the location of the suspension bridge over the River Kok. It is very simple:

(almost) Everybody knows where Thaising took the picture of Ban Ruammit. If you follow that road you will after some kilometers arrive at the hot spring Huay Kliam.

From there you take the little dirt road straight on for about 5 kilometers and you will see the bridge.

If you cross it you will find My Dream guesthouse about five hundred meters to the left. If you take to the right you will be in Ban Ruammit after about 7 kilometers.

It is a beautiful trip, about 55 kilometers if you start in town somewhere and go to Den Ha, take the road to Pattaya Noi en follow the signs to the hotspring.

Of course, if you took the picture at the same occasion when you took the pictures of the Chinese theatre on the temporary stage, it is not on Hom Doi but in front of the biggest Chinese temple in town opposite the Saen Pu hotel. :D

Edited by Limbo

You are all as right as right can be.

Mae Sai, the road left to the temple and after the little bridge to the right. When you go through this covered soi you finally end up on the road where you will find Monkey House 200 meters to the left and Uncle John's twenty meters to the right.

Who's next?

I've got a new twist on this game. Instead of taking a picture and asking where it was taken....why not suggest a location and then someone goes out and takes a picture!!!!

I'll start....the epicenter of the eartquake last night.

Chownah

Somewhere here! :o

post-29230-1165981785_thumb.jpg