goski

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come svenivan.....

you will have to make it harder than that..

I think it is Mae Rim :D

I thought Mae Rim was in Chiang Mai province. We are supposed to keep it to Chiang Rai province.

So no, it is not Mae Rim.

Maybe a little harder than that! :o

:D :D :D

Come svenivan.....

you will have to make it harder than that..

I think it is Mae Rim :D

I thought Mae Rim was in Chiang Mai province. We are supposed to keep it to Chiang Rai province.

So no, it is not Mae Rim.

Maybe a little harder than that! :o

:bah: :bah: :o

:D must go to me

I thought Mae Rim was where the epicentre was?

sorry :D I will have another beer. :D

ITR ;)

I reluctantly accept the trickiness about those pictures but my guess is Doi Mae Salong since you´re up in the mountains. But, it doesn´t really go along with the first picture.

No dear Goski. It's not Mae Salong.

But you are closer than Thaising!

:o:D :D

post-29230-1166023869_thumb.jpgpost-29230-1166088137_thumb.jpg post-29230-1166088155_thumb.jpg

This is at the first military checkpoint going from Doi Tung to Mae Sai on that beautiful, winding road that goes on the top of the mountains.

If you stop at the checkpoint, go to the left and then you have beautiful view over Burma.

OK, now someone else has to make the challenge!

I'll start....the epicenter of the eartquake last night.

A very good idea Chownah :o , but why not a combination?

Just to seek revenge for the enormous difficult ones Goski offered us:

post-6305-1165981960_thumb.jpg

Ok, Ok, Ok!

It's the harbour of Chiang Saen. In the left upper corner you were supposed to see the boats on the Mekong and I thought the man carrying a tyre would give a clue. Sorry, it didn't!

What about Fellini in the Province Chiang Rai? And some other sports?

PS: Open between 6 and 10 pm, 100 Baht for one court for one hour.

post-6305-1166331325_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1166331314_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1166331338_thumb.jpg

this big ugly hall is not in my dictionary

but the lovely ( in my drunken dreams and late night drinking tours ) looking lady is probably at the road to doi mea salong

p.s. dont make the picture too big, i'm afraid the shock will hit you

Unbelievable localguy :D

I was almost sure that nobody would recognize this location.

It is indeed one of these stylish karaoke places at the road to Doi Mae Salong (about four kilometers from the superhighway at the left).

For music lovers a visit is an absolute 'must'. The karaoke style juke boxes house a remarcable collection of Thai 'golden oldies'. Great stuff!

It's almost like a night at the Opera, but then different :o

The question remains: Where is the brandnew 'len-bat' building (badminton hall)?

Limbo :D

new place to len-batt is near chiang rai beach ,right? im sorry i dont know how to call that area.....

We have been waiting a long time for Limbo to tell if (un)known_user was right.

So during the time I have another "challenge" for all of you and especially to the Dutch people.

So where is this:

post-29230-1166838746_thumb.jpg

It is in Chiang Rai Province and it is in a public place!

:o:D :D

new place to len-batt is near chiang rai beach ,right? im sorry i dont know how to call that area.....

We have been waiting a long time for Limbo to tell if (un)known_user was right.

So during the time I have another "challenge" for all of you and especially to the Dutch people.

:D :D :D

I am very sorry!

Of course known_user is right. At least very close.

The new badminton hall is at the Pakanw Road (the road direction hot spring Huay Mak Kliam -sp?-) about three hundred meters before the Rai Mae Fah Luang.

I immediatly recognized the flowers on Svenivans picture. They are called 'tulips'!

Where there are tulips, there are windmills.

So I will start looking for windmills.

Limbo :o

"We have also convinced tourists to not flock to particular sites at the same time by promoting different routes like the three mountain trails and the tulip road to Doi Pha Moen in Thoeng district," TAT official Tanyapa Nikrothanont said.

I guess the picture is taken at the tulip road to Doi Pha Moen in Thoeng district :D:o

This photo was taken in 1986.. I'm afraid the new one is too obvious.. :D

I am not really sure yet, Ajarn.

As it is a twenty year old picture it might be allowed to ask some simple questions with the purpose to update your presentation:

1) Could it be that the house in the meantime got a street about four meters in front of it?

2) Could it be that you can bring dirty clothes there and pick them up clean some days later?

3) Ban Nam Lat Soi 3?

"We have also convinced tourists to not flock to particular sites at the same time by promoting different routes like the three mountain trails and the tulip road to Doi Pha Moen in Thoeng district," TAT official Tanyapa Nikrothanont said.

I guess the picture is taken at the tulip road to Doi Pha Moen in Thoeng district :D:o

So how did you find it? Did you search the Forum?

Yes Limbo, you are right!

It is up in the mountains not far from Phu Chi Fah. Beautiful place even without the tulips.

Here is another photo from this place !

post-29230-1167027935_thumb.jpg

This photo was taken in 1986.. I'm afraid the new one is too obvious.. :D

I am not really sure yet, Ajarn.

As it is a twenty year old picture it might be allowed to ask some simple questions with the purpose to update your presentation:

1) Could it be that the house in the meantime got a street about four meters in front of it?

2) Could it be that you can bring dirty clothes there and pick them up clean some days later?

3) Ban Nam Lat Soi 3?

KM142 Baan Mae Suay...The view today. Everyone who drives to Chiang Mai sees it.. 1km before charin resort :D

20yearslater.jpg<br>

countryhouse86.jpg

Edited by Ajarn