goski

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on guys! Have a guess at least!

OK, what you see in the background is not Chiang Rai province!

:D :D :D

I would have guessed that it was close to where this picture is taken, so it would be a view on Burma close to Ban Huay Mae Kham, but that's certainly not 'in the south'.

So yours is closer to Nan probably.

Limbo :o

post-6305-1167443453_thumb.jpg

That was a really beautiful photo Dr Limbo!!

No, as I said, as far south that you can go!

It was too hard.

It is a view over Maeo and what you see in the background far away is Phrao in Chiang Mai province.

If you go to Chiang Mai and are not in a hurry then you can take the road to Phrao from Wiang Pa Pao. From Phrao yo take 1001 direct down to Chiang Mai. It will probably be 20 km longer but it is well worth the time and the extra cost for fuel!

Here is another and that one is much more easy!

post-29230-1167448371_thumb.jpg

:o:D :D

I think it the most beautiful swimming pool of Chiang Rai town.

It is located in the back of Koh Loy at the River Kok.

Oh yes, it is the swimming pool of The Legend Resort, which in its turn is one of the most beautiful resorts of Chiang Rai.

Hehe, finally one right again :D

I think it the most beautiful swimming pool of Chiang Rai town.

It is located in the back of Koh Loy at the River Kok.

Oh yes, it is the swimming pool of The Legend Resort, which in its turn is one of the most beautiful resorts of Chiang Rai.

Hehe, finally one right again :D

Limbo :D

OK Limbo, now we want a good challenge last day of the very good year 2006!

Looks like the former prison. Don't know the people, but guessing Benz

100 % right concerning the location :o .

But not concerning the cars. The lady left is a kind of junior public relation person at Ford's and the gentleman on the right is the owner of the only Roll's Royce in town. Visitors of the old 'Bierstube' (at present Bo's Place) will remember him. He loved Karl Heinz's steaks.

Your turn :D

I took this photo last week, I might be giving too much away here, but I am reliably informed that the Thai script in this photo translates to "Love Hut" :D

I have not a clue. Is it on Kok River? Looks like it is a big dam.

This must be a special one for Limbo. He is finding those "Love Huts" all over the province! :o

ImageDude, give us some help! South, north, west or east of CR city?

:D :D :D

Chiang Saen Lake :o

Almost correct 'mumbojumbo', well done. it is in Chiang Saen, as you leave with the river on your left, it is located on the left hand side of the road, approx. 200 metres before reaching the road side fruit market. I thought it made a good subject for a picture.

And thanks for the confirmation of the translation Known User :D

ImageDude :D

Edited by ImageDude

You don't try very hard, do you? :D

The name of the city starts with a "T"!

I hardly dear to suggest it, but could the last letter be a "G"?

Like for instance in ThoenG?

But where in Thoeng? Direction Chiang Khong? Close to the shrimp farms?

Limbo :D

Not far from the Overbrook Hospital there are two very interesting trees with very remarcable flowers. The picture shows one of them. Where can you go and touch them?

post-6305-1168698320_thumb.jpg

I hardly dear to suggest it, but could the last letter be a "G"?

Like for instance in ThoenG?

But where in Thoeng? Direction Chiang Khong? Close to the shrimp farms?

OK Limbo, it is Thoeng.

Yeah, there is a temple on the right side just before you cross the river going into Thoeng coming from Chiang Rai. It is on the top of the hill and you cannot miss it.

About the flower, I have no idea! I give it a guess! It is on the top of the hill in this temple that Meng Rai built?

:D :D :D:o

About the flower, I have no idea! I give it a guess! It is on the top of the hill in this temple that Meng Rai built?

You are very close!

No, it is not on Hom Doi (sp?). But in the compound of a temple, yes.

Close to Overbrook Hospital? A temple compound? Doesn't leave much choice (2!) doesn't it?

No, it is not THAT one!

I think the trees originally come from Sri Lanka.

You are very close!

No, it is not on Hom Doi (sp?). But in the compound of a temple, yes.

Close to Overbrook Hospital? A temple compound? Doesn't leave much choice (2!) doesn't it?

No, it is not THAT one!

I think the trees originally come from Sri Lanka.

So it is the temple where they found the Emerald Buddha! (?)

Dear Svenivan, how disappointing!

I told already that it wasn't THAT one.

So it is the other, the Wat Phra Singh, which I personally consider to be the finest of Chiang Rai. If I am informed right it is the temple of the highest ranked abbot of the province.

It is such a pity that temples need big parking places. How nice would it be if the temple compounds were free of cars and if they were little parks where you could walk around and enjoy silence :D

The two Lanka trees are right behind the chedi. Amazing trees!

PS: Just realize that you can be right as well. I actually didn't check if there might be a same tree on Hom Doi (sp?).

Dear Svenivan, how disappointing!

I told already that it wasn't THAT one.

So it is the other, the Wat Phra Singh, which I personally consider to be the finest of Chiang Rai. If I am informed right it is the temple of the highest ranked abbot of the province.

It is such a pity that temples need big parking places. How nice would it be if the temple compounds were free of cars and if they were little parks where you could walk around and enjoy silence :D

The two Lanka trees are right behind the chedi. Amazing trees!

PS: Just realize that you can be right as well. I actually didn't check if there might be a same tree on Hom Doi (sp?).

Yes Mr Limbo,

Those flowers are all over Hom Doi. They give me sinuses and chest problems so I avoid them like the plague..

ITR :D

• 2 weeks later...

This picture shows Andre Machielsen, the Chairman of the Pattaya City Expats Club (and Thaivisa member) during a recent visit to our town pooring up a glass of one of the most excellent (Belgian) beers you can get in Chiang Rai: A Duvel!

Where is this 'Nectar Of The Gods' available?

PS: Khun Andre is the father of Samrit Machielsen, a leading character in the movies (among others) 'Sagai United' and 'Tsunami Aftermath'.

post-6305-1169795568_thumb.jpg