What inventions should never have been invented?

dbrenn

The Deerhunter.

You are incorrect,my confused friend.The Ford consul 375 lowline up to 1962,carried a 4 cylinder straight engine,1500/1600 i believe.

It came in a soft top version and a hard top.It was bigger than the Cortina and i suppose it would have been the early forerunner of what became the Granada Mk1

google it and it gives the specifications.

I await your reply.:smile:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Consul 315, not 375, puhlease!!!!!   Nostalgia has to be correct or some people younger than 60 will never understand how cool a 4-door budget version of the original Capri really was.   My dad had a 315 as a work car in a local council job.  In the darkest corner of the Commonwealth, no less.  How cool was that?  I dined out at an expensive private school for months on that.

There was a Consul 375....:stoner:

23 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Transam

Belling ham,home of the Cooper Boys.Bellingham Boys Boxing Club.

The Fellowship inn.Had a few in there .The Hard man of the Aria was a guy call Clive Garthwaite,a real monster(deceased)

My mums family were out of Moremead Rd.And my grandads Boozer was the Railway Tavern,just under the bridge.He used to run a loan club out of there.The beer was 'Beezleys' And my old grandad drank Brown and Mild.

During the war(he was too young for the first,and too old for the second) he was the black market geezer to see.Roles of carpet.Boxes of Scotch,anything you wanted.My nan(who could manage a few choice words) used to get very,,,angry you might say when drunken mates would knock him up at 3 am asking for a bottle of gold watch for the road.

Back to Henry.

When i was a kid,i used to go to the London Transport sports days(the LT had a very big sports side) And if i won a race or a field event,it was usually 'Our Enry' who gave out the prizes.I met him on several occasions.Years later ,when i was working on the Insurance company refurb in Holburn,i went to WH Smiths at the top of leather Lane to get Muhammed Ali's book.'The Greatest' I met him and shook his hand and was very happy to know that id'e met the two men who fought back in the day,And how Henry Cooper nearly got a knock out,But for Angelo Dundee cutting the Glove,i think Cooper could have won it.

I knew Clive....Was the true meaning of crazy..

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

The Deerhunter

The 1961 consul 375 also had a bench seat with column control gear shift.

I think that the early Granada was also called a conul.They are very collecatble now.

Yes it was a 4 pot version of the 6 pot Zephyr/Zodiac, but had a shorter front end.

The first of the Granada's were called Consul Granada, I had a '72 3ltr GXL then a '76 3ltr Ghia, both auto's, fab cars....

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

The Deerhunter.

You are incorrect,my confused friend.The Ford consul 375 lowline up to 1962,carried a 4 cylinder straight engine,1500/1600 i believe.

It came in a soft top version and a hard top.It was bigger than the Cortina and i suppose it would have been the early forerunner of what became the Granada Mk1

google it and it gives the specifications.

I await your reply.:smile:

Sorry about that. Yep, you (and Google images) are right. I recognize the car but not the model number.  I will go stand in a corner for a minute later as punishment.  (much later).   My mate Ian's  dad who was a chiropodist had one of those consuls but not a rag top. It was a 3 speed column shift, bench front seat, nice looking, but under powered like (almost) all English cars back then.  The 315 was really modern and sexy with the quad headlights and the back-to-front rear window shared with the Anglia 105 and the general look of the Capri which was a scaled down US Ford Galaxie. I had a friend, Sam, who had one of those Galaxies.  He was a little guy and it was HUGE.  

BTW the original Ford Cortina started as a Ford Consul Cortina but they eventually dropped the "Consul" part.

Sorry again.  PS remember, Nostalgia is not what it used to be!

5 minutes ago, Americano555 said:

Yaba, Ice....Wrecked a lot of people & families.

Interesting to note its been around a lot longer than I knew. Sold over the counter in German shops as Pervitin in the 1930's then used by Nazi troops during WW11.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/the-nazi-death-machine-hitler-s-drugged-soldiers-a-354606.html

This is a bit off-the-wall, but just for fun, automobiles.  Not only the rampant pollution, but people dying every day from auto accidents.  A life with no cars?  It just takes a bit longer to get where we're going.

Disclaimer:  I drive every single day and could not live without my car.  But if I never owned one, I'd never know what I was missing. 

Archived