What inventions should never have been invented?

dbrenn

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Capitalism does indeed seem to be going wrong, but so did communism. ..

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Capitalism does indeed seem to be going wrong, but so did communism. ..

Capitalism and communism are just 2 systems of managing money really. So, I stick to my post money is the worst invention.

People who dislike East enders,Why?what have we done to make you hate us so?

Is it our delightful way of trying to emulate our grandad's and trying to speak in rhyming slang.

Our love of Jellied eels with stale crusty bread?

Our true belief that Bow will finally return to there being more of us than there are of them?

Is it our total dislike of Dick Van Dykes accent in 'Mary Poppins?'

Is it,because people think that all of us are Kray brother lovers.

Please tell me why,and then i can "nip down to the rubadub and knock back a pint of pigs ear or two,then 'ave it on me toes to the nearest indian and get meself wrapped round a Ruby Murray.Then can get home and strip of me whistle,put me rhythm and blues away,take off me dickie and jump in the tub,clean me 'ampsteads and settle down to a few hours kip. 

40 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Mayonnaise....and veggie-mite.

umm - yes - but at least there's an antidote for Vegemite: 

- which is to mix it with Honey, so that the rest of the world can finally appreciate VM's superb qualities :passifier:   

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

Thats one way of looking at it. I personally think we are more then capable of finding a thousand different ways to fight and kill each other without resorting to religious beliefs. If religion was suddenly erased from the earth people would still be killing each other.

I think that most people who do have some sort of belief are generally peaceful people so on the whole religion does less harm then money for example.

So, I say money is the worst invention. It does nothing but put too much in the hands of too few and leaves people starving and vulnerable. It's the source of greed, wars, corruption, heir achy, and a huge %age of all violent crimes,,, in a world of plenty it's totally insane.

Agreed the bit about religion - if it didn't exist people would just find another reason to start wars

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

a big single thumper, that doesn't have British oil leaks...

what's so wrong with it? (genuine question)

Your description sounds like the Enfield Bullet.  The Phantom is a small Japanese putterer that tries to look like a Harley.

Smaller singles work best as commuter bikes or dual sports.  A cruiser really needs something more between your legs.

3 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Your description sounds like the Enfield Bullet.  The Phantom is a small Japanese putterer that tries to look like a Harley.

I was being Triumph-like metaphoric, about the imitation of a genre (without maybe the historically recorded problems)

... but in reality - I almost bought an almost-dead T21 35 years ago

Archived