BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

possum1931

Why is Thailand better than your Home Country?

Apart from the obvious like the weather and living expenses, what makes Thailand better than your home country?

For those of you who live here, it must be better here or you would not make Thailand your home. So give us your reasons why.

Also, let's hear from those of you who live here part time, come here for your holidays, or are seriously thinking of moving here permanently.

Apart from the obvious as you mentioned The Weather....which for me is fantastic...

If you have the Financial,Resources, like myself it's five star living, which back home I would still have a better than average lifestyle....but much prefer Thailand.

I do find the Thai People very friendly and nice, very rarely meet anyone rude or nasty with me...

Excellent Customer Service in Restaurants and Shops.....

Fantastic variation of Exotic Fruits and Vegetables, all be it with Pesticide or not ??

at the moment it works for me......

Rain, tax free, 7 stone honeys, tory goverments, chilled out life, less fat burds and cheap beer and tabs.

29 minutes ago, robertthebruce said:

Apart from the obvious as you mentioned The Weather....which for me is fantastic...

If you have the Financial,Resources, like myself it's five star living, which back home I would still have a better than average lifestyle....but much prefer Thailand.

I do find the Thai People very friendly and nice, very rarely meet anyone rude or nasty with me...

Excellent Customer Service in Restaurants and Shops.....

Fantastic variation of Exotic Fruits and Vegetables, all be it with Pesticide or not ??

at the moment it works for me......

Excellent Customer Service in Restaurants and Shops....

You mean the service is better in Thai restaurants and shops? I thought that was one of the very few downsides

in Thailand compared with my home country.

"For those of you who live here, it must be better here or you would not make Thailand your home."

This might be true for some people but for me it isn't. Financial circumstances keep me here. My partner has a very good contract to be here that actually pays as much or more than the west would. We are looking into leaving at some point but given the uncertain global economy are riding this gravy train for as long as we can stand it. 

I am not Thai bashing or complaining but think the question might be better phrased as "Do you feel Thailand is better than your home country?" The current way it is phrased assumes people like it here more.

Though it could be said that the opportunity to save money here is a positive and is the reason I am here and not in my home country at the moment. It looks like we will probably do 5 years here and let the savings pile up and then head home with our nest egg. 

5 hours ago, anotheruser said:

"For those of you who live here, it must be better here or you would not make Thailand your home."

This might be true for some people but for me it isn't. Financial circumstances keep me here. My partner has a very good contract to be here that actually pays as much or more than the west would. We are looking into leaving at some point but given the uncertain global economy are riding this gravy train for as long as we can stand it. 

I am not Thai bashing or complaining but think the question might be better phrased as "Do you feel Thailand is better than your home country?" The current way it is phrased assumes people like it here more.

Though it could be said that the opportunity to save money here is a positive and is the reason I am here and not in my home country at the moment. It looks like we will probably do 5 years here and let the savings pile up and then head home with our nest egg. 

You make good points, but I believe the majority of ex pats who live here, do so because they think it is

better than their home country, I think that applies mainly to the UK ones.

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You make good points, but I believe the majority of ex pats who live here, do so because they think it is

better than their home country, I think that applies mainly to the UK ones.

Yeah probably or at least you would hope so. My situation ii sort of unique I guess.

I don’t spend my time making comparisons.  All I know is that I am still happy with the choices I made at twenty-three, which sent me down this life path.  Thais also do this competition thing, trying to elicit complimentary comments about Thailand being better than someplace else.  It is not that I don’t like other places, it is just that I have made this place my home and I have no particular reason to leave this wonderful life for some questionable notion of the grass being greener.

1 minute ago, KMartinHandyman said:

I don't think Thailand is better than my home country. Thailand is the home of the woman I chose to marry.

Good answer.

5 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

I don't think Thailand is better than my home country. Thailand is the home of the woman I chose to marry.

I think there are probably quite a few that are in the same boat here. 

8 hours ago, baneko said:

Rain, tax free, 7 stone honeys, tory goverments, chilled out life, less fat burds and cheap beer and tabs.

:thumbsup: