Adm Policy Class Size

Rhys

The University ADM around.... about..in and out...this side of Shinola.... had decided that 120 students per class for a Freshman English class was up to satisfaction.. Now.. it has been pushed to 175 students.. all non-English Majors..

Blind and Policy licking ... ADM PUKES... enable this policy..

Tally Ho.. It is baby sitting time.. Even for the best and well meaning Baby sitters..

How does one bring attention to this "situation" Research has shown.... But the ADM PUKES.. are not listening..

Sadly.. some.. do not enjoy teaching a class of this size.. Hmm.. Students.. Can you say, Quiet..

Can you... Turn off your cell phone...sorry to interupt..

A letter of concern, signed by all... concerned teachers.. Has fallen on ... fecal matter.

Oh.. We do give Fs...but our scoring is quite forgiving... Did you come to class? No..but I turned in all the homework and group work....Hmmm. you pass..

So what is next? Over to you....Party on Dudes...

I sympathize. I may be getting jaded but in your situation I would probably ask for more money and be prepared to walk out if it was not forthcoming. There are hundreds of different teaching jobs in Thailand. Find the one that suits you. You probably don't need to take this.

On a totally different forum, instructors of first year students in American universities were discussing their class size. Some had literally hundreds of students, in a big auditorium. One hundred was not unheard of.

Of course, it's not education. You're not a teacher when you have that size of classes. You can lecture, which is what Thais are accustomed to. Or, you can manage chaos. It's doubtful you can do both.

Spot on.. it is not education.. But the next Useless UL class will come about.. and we are going to change it as a PROJECT BASED LEARNING class... I don't lecture to non-English majors...

The Plan: Break the class into groups of 5s... Portifilo...Projects... each member contributes hmm 30 groups plus.. A mass Group show and tell.. The group will be responsible for presenting a poster, brochure, some type of questionnaire, learning activity, evaluation..

The kids generate their learning.. shyyreeeah.. .. we shall be there to guide them in their QUEST..5555

Evaulation by teachers... Check off list..

Well .. this is the Suds.. response.. Actually not bad in concept.. more Suds..

Actually, I like the place... but... I will not be set up to fail.. I'll just do what needs to be done..yayayayaya.. Over to you.