The expression: You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl....

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I can say with honesty, that I have known about 50 or so Thai girls that moved from Thailand to the uk. None, repeat zero are still married to the same guy now. That said, only 50% or so we're bar girls, so the issue is more with Thai women on general than bar girls.

Maybe it's about taking the Thai out of the girl as well as the bar !

Fink it's.....Got a British PP....Job done.....Yellow brick road awaits....

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must observe those trying to reassure themselves with this kind of generality. Not judge eh!  just look.

The OP needs to understand that all general precepts are irrelevant.

I married a girl who worked in a well-known Pattaya Gogo. That's 6 years now and all is well. Just the idea of meet again slumped and libidinous obese horrifies her.

bar girls are the best but you need to find one that is ready to finish working in a bar and dont fall in love with them. my girl was 38 when she gave up working in a beer bar and we had our first kid, a son. i have always given he a fair salary and now we have a daughter as well. if you try to have a conventional relationship with a bargirl i doubt it would work. after 10 years i have only seen disasters. if she is a bar girl it is important to accept that is what she is, fooling yourself and everyone else that she is not is just the first step to everything going bad.

I can say with honesty, that I have known about 50 or so Thai girls that moved from Thailand to the uk. None, repeat zero are still married to the same guy now. That said, only 50% or so we're bar girls, so the issue is more with Thai women on general than bar girls.

Well you don't know me then ,my then girlfriend came to the UK,we were married 6 months later ,after 11 years we came back here with our son ,now. We live here very happily, the wife works from home I take it easy. Perfec.as Pop Larkin would say[emoji1]

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Most of you have really stereotyped yourselves here along with your peers & your customized  Anglo Saxon ideas about 

what kind of person any relationship that you are involved in should be.

Love my ex BG for 16 years & my parents love her too.

If they upset you so much just stay away but stop knock,  knock,,, knock. They are real people.

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Most of you have really stereotyped yourselves here along with your peers & your customized  Anglo Saxon ideas about 

what kind of person any relationship that you are involved in should be.

Love my ex BG for 16 years & my parents love her too.

If they upset you so much just stay away but stop knock,  knock,,, knock. They are real people.

Your ex BG....Why your ex...?

how much do any of us really know about the female in our lives....not matter what country she is from.

What do any of us here on TVF really know about our wife or girlfriend from before we first met her ......................only what she has told us 

At least with a bargirl you know what you have

It is much less clear now. Before the advent of the internet all types could be found in Bars as BGs

Now mostly found on internet dating sites some of which are 80% freelance or BG types.

Some poor guys get to get married and go out to the boonies without even tasting pattaya and the likes

People are people.

I have friends that married slappers back in the UK....

And lets not forget when the shoe is on the other foot...
I think a worthy question but one no one dares to ask is this...
Once a guy has mongered one too many times, can they ever stop? or worse can they maintain a relationship without the urge to monger.
I can assume its equally as difficult for men to stop too.

Seems to be working for me. She did 4 months Pattaya then 2 months Bangkok where I met her. She then quit the bar scene. She had done it due to family arguments about who was contributing what. Family were very unhappy about her going to the bar. 

We've had nearly 2 years of very happy times. 4 trips to Phuket where we're currently staying for 7 months. She came and spent 3 months in England with me. 

She's extremely loyal and very loving. She never drinks alcohol and prefers not to go to bars but is happy to accompany me anywhere I want to go. 

I pay all our living expenses but I don't finance her family. 

It may be generally true that you can't reform a bar girl but in my case I will reserve judgement and see how it goes over the coming months and years. 

On 10/15/2016 at 10:30 AM, transam said:

The OP's "saying" is a plagiarised saying from way back, and had nothing to do with bar girls.

Yeah, the original adage was, "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think."

Actually over the 15 years I was coming here to Thailand for holidays there have been two or three bar girls that could have been good long term companions but my personal circumstances prevented this from happening. The majority of the girls I had 2 week holiday romances with were not prospective long term partners though. The current lady I described above is an absolute gem so far and I've been very clear that children or marriage are not on the agend. 

On 10/13/2016 at 4:52 PM, ScotBkk said:

I could just visualise marrying a bar girl then taking her home to meet all the family.

Just living in Thailand you get the odd perv remarks back home. God knows what you'd be called if you married a prostitute !!!!

I agree with you but doesn't that just show how pathetically closed minded a lot of people still are.

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

I wonder if we can take the bar from farangs sometimes. :-)

I think that is a good point. Here in Thailand i feel quite addicted (not to the drink) but to the bar scene. I notice a lot of the bargirls here go back to the bar or the GoGo on their day off. It becomes part of their life it is where their friends are. I suspect many are more addicted to the barscene than they are to sex or drink and this may explain why it can be hard for some to break away.

....the sad truth is that most if not all of them have a hidden agenda....

...some hide it better than others....to the end.....

...of course there is also a calculation in there somewhere where they will outlive you anyway.....

...***from the horse's mouth.......

If you catch them early on before they have become addicted to the life style they can change but after about a month or more of having such fun it is difficult for them to give up the life style.  Several of my colleagues married bar girls and most stayed or returned to being heavy drinking party girls, enjoying gambling and multiple sexual partners with or with the knowledge or consent of their British, Australian, American husbands. They combined the notion of Gik and customer in their sexual liaisons both having a semi romantic sexual relationships but receiving money for services rendered.  

Hidden agenda's are definitely not exclusive to bargirls

4 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....the sad truth is that most if not all of them have a hidden agenda....

...some hide it better than others....to the end.....

...of course there is also a calculation in there somewhere where they will outlive you anyway.....

...***from the horse's mouth.......

Hidden agendas are definitely not restricted to bargirls. As has been said here earlier you will have a better idea of what you may expect from a bargirl than a girl you meet Online 

unless she really had to do it and you got her first night there is NO question that a leopard cannot change its spots 

sad but true... but that does not make them less than decent human beings and i have know some really nice girls in bars and helped a few but marry?  GF?  no way 

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

And you're married to a BG?

My post was aimed at people who believe in the OP's topic on the saying,  l thought l made it clear l do not like people who believe it or say it, to me they are just uncaring demeaning morons and l wondered when someone would come up with that question directed at me instead of answering the OP's question of the expression used.

Why would you ask that,  because of my concern for human beings or are all girls to you that work in bars all over Thailand apart from tourist ones all on the game. ?

On 13/10/2016 at 10:52 PM, ScotBkk said:

I could just visualise marrying a bar girl then taking her home to meet all the family.

Just living in Thailand you get the odd perv remarks back home. God knows what you'd be called if you married a prostitute !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how would they know.Would she be wearing a bikini with a number on it when she stepped off the plane.At least Dad would be cool.

13 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

And how would they know.Would she be wearing a bikini with a number on it when she stepped off the plane.At least Dad would be cool.

Well said could say could you imagine marrying a slapper you met in your home town all the coments and snide looks and taking her to meet the family.

Hello mom dad this is Lucy she's a bit of a slapper been with loads of men!!!! Or in both cases hi mum dad this is xxxx.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Nothing to do with the losers they married i suppose.

Archived