The expression: You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl....

It is similar to buying an ex rental car.

The seals will be worn out, electrical wiring problems and probably a whole lot of future problems you cant see on the surface.

Had the guts thrashed out of it and had hundreds or thoudands of people treat it as a rental and do things that noone would do to it if they were the owner.

A bad choice, plenty of other cars on the lot.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, getreal said:

It is similar to buying an ex rental car.

The seals will be worn out, electrical wiring problems and probably a whole lot of future problems you cant see on the surface.

Had the guts thrashed out of it and had hundreds or thoudands of people treat it as a rental and do things that noone would do to it if they were the owner.

A bad choice, plenty of other cars on the lot.

It may be some guys only chance of owning a ferrari though.

2 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Known in this sense I was a security guard in numerous brothels in Australia for a couple of years. Part of my job was to ferry the girls to outcalls then sometimes drive them home to their husbands who mostly knew what they were up to.

So you knew thai hookers in Australia what has that to do with bar girls. I would suggest the girls in Australia were indeed real prostitutes.  But they do not work in thailand so surley it a nonsense post.

5 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

So you knew thai hookers in Australia what has that to do with bar girls. I would suggest the girls in Australia were indeed real prostitutes.  But they do not work in thailand so surley it a nonsense post.

What is the difference between a "real" Australian prostitute and a Thai bargirl ?

Many of the girls do not feel any shame at all .
Many are even quite proud to be independent working girls earning good money .
They regard customers as boyfreinds, and they are quite pleased with themselves for going out and finding a nice boyfreind (Even if is just untill the next day")

They don't feel shame because they sold their soul.. Once you sell your soul, your core being, then it's game over

They do not regard customers as boyfriends. It's the delusional farang that thinks he has a girlfriend.. Big difference!!!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

So many self-righteous neo-sahib farangs refuse to acknowledge "there for the grace of god go I".  Rest assured that many of these gentleman, if born into a poor family with few if any options, a situation structured by a semi-foreign ruling elite, would be making like the Midnight Cowboy in the back rows of movie theaters.

6 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

There is every reason for Thai girls to feel shame. Thai society, and those people who sit astride high horses, whilst accepting readily that men's (even married men) desires are OK to be met by "women of the night", openly denounce such women for doing so! Another paradox of Thai culture.

Yes of course and all of us christened Westerners should also feel shame about having sex before marriage!

7 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

If you read exactly what I wrote you would observe that shame is admitted in moments of weakness, that is when they are talking quietly and in confidence in someone they trust - like me! I have lived a long time in Britain and in Thailand and my experience of discussions with men and much that I have read indicates very strongly that many of them DO brag about their numerous conquests.

Conquests and joyful experiences are not so commonly voiced by women, anywhere, especially to strangers and on these forum

You obiously must have significant experience with bargirls in one way or another if you believe they have got to the stage of them knowing you well enough to put their trust in you and open up to you. So you must also know that the same bargirls will tell their friends every little detail about their encounter with the last customer. 

I think there is some truth to the saying if the girl has been on the game for awhile. The desire for money that leads these girls to sleep with guys of all types I think is ingrained in their minds. It starts with money not love and unlike love if the money runs out so does your woman in most cases. The history, the baggage, the mental scars, the loss of self respect, all has to take a toll on the women. They will always be reminded of their days as a hooker. They will try to hide the truth from everyone but most people know their history or will find out in time. They will be looked down on by most respectable Thais.
I think many farang never really try to meet or give much effort in meeting none bar girls and figure that this is their only option. Not saying that there are not some ok bar girls but given the option you would have to be crazy to take the risk ... a lot of down side to going that route.

Sometimes these topics are just a chance for some members to say that *I* never have to pay for sex or for a much younger Thai girl to be with me -- when it's closing time at Club Eh Too Fay a bunch of the girls crowd up to their usual table and say "Please take me home with you and screw ME tonite Mr. Farang!"

who cares if they are happy?  but you must be pretty desperate if you have to find one in a bar and I ,for one, could never get over that they have been used by loads of guys for money before me (if i just want sex I don't care but a relationship...?). anyway she can't change what she is but that does NOT make her in anyway way 'bad' or less human - just a sex seller

14 hours ago, Johpa said:

So many self-righteous neo-sahib farangs refuse to acknowledge "there for the grace of god go I".  Rest assured that many of these gentleman, if born into a poor family with few if any options, a situation structured by a semi-foreign ruling elite, would be making like the Midnight Cowboy in the back rows of movie theaters.

The vast majority of Thai women from that type of background don't resort to opening their legs for strangers so your point is irrelevant

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

What is the difference between a "real" Australian prostitute and a Thai bargirl ?

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

About 20kgs +

I've known quite a few people of various Western nationalities who married BG's. Very roughly, about 15% were and are ok. The girl went to work in the bar hoping to find a farang husband and provider. Gave it up as soon as she did and became good wife and mums. About 60% kept away from whoring but boozed, gamboled, and chased younger guys for affairs regularly being unfaithful especially as husband got older. A lot of this, from what I saw was down to peer pressure and not loosing face by showing could still pull and keep the young guys. The last 25% went back to whoring even in their new country as the lore of money was to great. 

For those who married non BG, many of whom moved here eventually, I only know about 10% who have divorced. 

8 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

who cares if they are happy?  but you must be pretty desperate if you have to find one in a bar and I ,for one, could never get over that they have been used by loads of guys for money before me (if i just want sex I don't care but a relationship...?). anyway she can't change what she is but that does NOT make her in anyway way 'bad' or less human - just a sex seller

Absolutely agree. No one should judge what people sometimes have little choice in doing. And it certainly doesn't make them bad or less human. I know a few students who had little option other than find a sugar daddy if they wanted to complete their higher education. Sad but happens all over Asia. Bar girls don't even get the chance of higher education.

But like you, I personally, could never marry an ex whore who'd been used my many men. Every BG we know who married a farang lies to them about the numbers, and all claim to have met their future husband as the first, second or third customer - so lucky!

17 hours ago, ttthailand said:

I think there is some truth to the saying if the girl has been on the game for awhile. The desire for money that leads these girls to sleep with guys of all types I think is ingrained in their minds. It starts with money not love and unlike love if the money runs out so does your woman in most cases. The history, the baggage, the mental scars, the loss of self respect, all has to take a toll on the women. They will always be reminded of their days as a hooker. They will try to hide the truth from everyone but most people know their history or will find out in time. They will be looked down on by most respectable Thais.
I think many farang never really try to meet or give much effort in meeting none bar girls and figure that this is their only option. Not saying that there are not some ok bar girls but given the option you would have to be crazy to take the risk ... a lot of down side to going that route.

So what if they were a hooker, why any loss of self respect, we are in the 21st Century and we have every opportunity to open our minds. I have less respect for people with pre conditioned views and closed minds than i do for someone who has opted to sell sex. If other Thais will look down on them, then  they are not 'respectable' in my book. Anyway what percentage of women (hookers or not) would not run away when the money stops rolling in?

I disagree about the opportunities for meeting Thai girls especially for retirees. Unless they are OK about hanging around shopping centres and approaching girls cold, the options could well be limited primarily to bar / massage or Online. i reckon it is highly probable that any Thai lady in any of those categories and wanting to meet a Western man has already been paid for sex directly or indirectly.

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:
14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But like you, I personally, could never marry an ex whore who'd been used my many men. Every BG we know who married a farang lies to them about the numbers, and all claim to have met their future husband as the first, second or third customer - so lucky!

They probably only lie because they (rightly in many cases) believe that is what the man wants to hear. Unless a couple met at a very young age neither party will probably know the true history of 'their other half'

5 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

They probably only lie because they (rightly in many cases) believe that is what the man wants to hear. Unless a couple met at a very young age neither party will probably know the true history of 'their other half'

Quite possibly / probably.

It was at one time considered bad form to ask about previous partners. 

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I posted because I think that the way most posters view women in general, and Thai whores in particular is disgusting.

These posters represent the views of the old farts that I revolted against way back in the sixties - that's 45 years ago.

Is Thailand their last refuge?

I agree with you i just don't understand those who constantly 'bash' Thai bargirls on this forum.

On 10/21/2016 at 2:32 PM, RichardColeman said:

I can say with honesty, that I have known about 50 or so Thai girls that moved from Thailand to the uk. None, repeat zero are still married to the same guy now. That said, only 50% or so we're bar girls, so the issue is more with Thai women on general than bar girls.

Maybe it's about taking the Thai out of the girl as well as the bar !

Then, it may be the Brit they married.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:16 PM, Berkshire said:

Assuming this is a legitimate question, I'd say more like 90% of the time.  Firstly, a BG would have to be in a pretty messed-up situation to even be in that life.  So she has that going against her.  But if a genuinely decent gal becomes a BG and has only been in the trade for a few days, then she hasn't completely gone to the dark side yet.  After a few months of being in that life, not only the sex-with-many-men-she-doesn't-care-about, but also being around some seriously screwed up people and losing sense of what reality is, then yes, the trade will fry their brains.  Hard to recover from that. 

You think all BG's are in it because they are messed up?

The reason most are in it is because they have it on good authority (parents, sisters, friends, cousins etc) it's a great way to score generous foreigners and very good money compared to working on the farm.

A lot of these girls end up in nice houses and driving around in nice cars. Sure, only a percentage achieve their goals, but it's guaranteed they will not succeed if they stay on the farm.

37 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Absolutely agree. No one should judge what people sometimes have little choice in doing. And it certainly doesn't make them bad or less human.

Its not just about sexual history though, its the personality that drives from that environment that is important .

An environment that consists of drinking, lying , presence ,  quite often stealing  and deception .

Their whole personality becomes fake , the lies become their truths and quite often many of them cannot tell the difference between lies and truths .

Some develop two very different separate personalities .

The working personality and their real life personality .

So it isnt judging people on their history ,

Some of then can indeed reform and become decent people , unfortunately, many of them cannot .

There will always be a lying , cheating, deceptive side to their personailty

Archived