The expression: You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl....

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, tropo said:

The age gap (problem?) does depend on the age of the guy too. 10 and 16 year gaps are not considered unusual (or perverted) back at home if the guy is in his late 20's, 30's or early 40's.

I think I would look askance at a bloke in his 20s going out with a girl 16 years his junior.

I'm not sure I would notice if a bloke in his seventies was with a woman young enough to be his daughter

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, rogeroc said:

I sort of agree with he walking ATM bit but the Thai approach to money is different and not so easy to understand. I think it is true that when a lot of Thais get money they squander and spend on friends / family. I think they have difficulty understanding our 'be cautious with money and save' approach.

When you're talking about the "Thai approach to money," you're only talking about Thai females who associate with farangs.  You really have no idea how the other 95% of Thais manage their money.   

On 10/22/2016 at 6:33 AM, rogeroc said:

What about a Thai girl who never asks for direct payment but either excepts it if offered or accepts indirect payment for example for a motorbike / house / being kept. Is she a prostitute?

NO, but a bar girl is a prostitute. Wise up

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

When you're talking about the "Thai approach to money," you're only talking about Thai females who associate with farangs.  You really have no idea how the other 95% of Thais manage their money.   

Yes that is actually true and is i admit my only experience. In my defence i responded to a thread and a post about bargirls. However i don't see why they should be so different from other Thais, i would be interested to hear your experience of those Thais that differ and why you think they differ. And what if that other 95% did meet a 'Westerner' would they then change ?

1 minute ago, rogeroc said:

Yes that is actually true and is i admit my only experience. In my defence i responded to a thread and a post about bargirls. However i don't see why they should be so different from other Thais, i would be interested to hear your experience of those Thais that differ and why you think they differ. And what if that other 95% did meet a 'Westerner' would they then change ?

You said "Thai approach to money," not BG approach to money.  You really think that a BG behaves like normal Thai women?  Normal Thai women have more in common with western women than they do with Thai BGs. 

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You said "Thai approach to money," not BG approach to money.  You really think that a BG behaves like normal Thai women?  Normal Thai women have more in common with western women than they do with Thai BGs. 

And you said Thai women who associate with 'Farangs' not just bargirls. So normal Thai women are Thai women who have not associated with Westerners yet, is that what you are saying. I am confused.

2 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

And you said Thai women who associate with 'Farangs' not just bargirls. So normal Thai women are Thai women who have not associated with Westerners yet, is that what you are saying. I am confused.

You both seem to be making the same point .

You seem to be deliberately pretending to not understand the point

10 hours ago, Berkshire said:

The difference between a BG and a 'normal' girl is vastly different here. Many Thai girls have a 'blurred edge' and are far more 'flexible' that western girls. There are tons of 'sideliners' and I enjoy many and they have Uni educations and good jobs but need a little 'help' occasionally and if they like you they are more than happy to offer sex for 'help' with rent etc. Of course they are NOT BG's but they are much closer than most in the West. Asians have a much more practical view of sex (thank God). 

The difference between a BG and a 'normal' girl is vastly different here. Many Thai girls have a 'blurred edge' and are far more 'flexible' that western girls. There are tons of 'sideliners' and I enjoy many and they have Uni educations and good jobs but need a little 'help' occasionally and if they like you they are more than happy to offer sex for 'help' with rent etc. Of course they are NOT BG's but they are much closer than most in the West. Asians have a much more practical view of sex (thank God). 

Sorry... It's a prostitute.

The fact that it is a possibility that she will continue that lifestyle is enough for me to believe the phrase.

Is it true 100% of the time? no, of course not. But why put up with the stress?

Bar girls are great for getting laid. I wouldn't bother settling down with them.

Bad idea IMO

Cashiers are the worst.They get paid more for not being able to go out during their working hours.Our one had a list of customers whom she would call and tell them what time she was finishing.But when she was in the bar,no amount of money would she take to leave the bar early.

Great cashier,loyal friend,and a wealthy lady to boot.

Sent from my toilet,using Morse code.

19 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Many Western women have the Thai "BG approach to money" too, and many of your "normal Thai women" just have more sophisticated ways to make money - like marrying into it.

Trying to make an easy buck is hardly restricted to Thai people. It's one of the reasons prostitution is often touted as the world's oldest profession.

9 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

The difference between a BG and a 'normal' girl

Normal girls (also called good girls) are more expensive than BG (for a Farang). One more point to consider is that all Thai girls accept cash from their Thai boyfriends as well as the Thai boy accepts cash from his girlfriend if she has any. But may be not in direct connection with intercourse.
Strange that in the whole discussion nobody discussed the probability of faithfulness. Can a girl who has had 5-10 lovers be faithful to No. 11? I think yes. Can a girl who has had 100 -1000 lovers be faithful to No. 101? I doubt it.

22 hours ago, rogeroc said:

Ok i accept your point of view but i think it is less clear cut and will become even more so as more 'ex' bargirls move Online.

Bar girls  don't move on line and stop going to bars. Where's the fun in that? Sitting at home alone with no pals- music- laughs- drinks -energy - fun - booze- company- camaraderie - gossip - support- shared food...

2 hours ago, Yisheng said:

Normal girls (also called good girls) are more expensive than BG (for a Farang). One more point to consider is that all Thai girls accept cash from their Thai boyfriends as well as the Thai boy accepts cash from his girlfriend if she has any. But may be not in direct connection with intercourse.
Strange that in the whole discussion nobody discussed the probability of faithfulness. Can a girl who has had 5-10 lovers be faithful to No. 11? I think yes. Can a girl who has had 100 -1000 lovers be faithful to No. 101? I doubt it.

Lovers? You mean customers I think. You seem a tad confused.

Well...it seems many men find out the hard way that marrying a bar girl or trying to make a serious relationship is all the more challenging.

It is not recommended.

There are many factors involved but you could say, for the record, the fact that the girl was a former prostitute is a large factor in the way her mentality and her attitude and her thinking has been shaped concerning her self serving agenda in life and her relationship with her husband and men in general.

We hear about most of the relationships being far from smooth and drama free and far more tempestuous  ....so ...you could say that that expression is valid enough.

I surmise that while they are young enough they always realize they can get a lot of what they want out of life by way of using men and by way of prostituting themselves for numerous forms of compensation...but mainly money...preferably hard cash, while marrying a man is another means of achieving their goals in life using their sex and sexuality and "giving" their sex in return for "something",  for a price, so to speak and a means to sustain their agenda.

While the man may be thinking he loves her while he also lusts for her, she is thinking her sexuality is her means to get as much as she can out of that man while there always exists other men who can also help her achieve her goals if her present man does not provide what she wants or needs.

When a relationship is more or less embroiled in the mentality and attitude formed by prostitution and sex as a means of personal achievement then that relationship is probably bound for failure far more so than a relationship that evolved under what we would call normal circumstances.

Cheers

8 hours ago, gemguy said:

Well...it seems many men find out the hard way that marrying a bar girl or trying to make a serious relationship is all the more challenging.

It is not recommended.

There are many factors involved but you could say, for the record, the fact that the girl was a former prostitute is a large factor in the way her mentality and her attitude and her thinking has been shaped concerning her self serving agenda in life and her relationship with her husband and men in general.

We hear about most of the relationships being far from smooth and drama free and far more tempestuous  ....so ...you could say that that expression is valid enough.

I surmise that while they are young enough they always realize they can get a lot of what they want out of life by way of using men and by way of prostituting themselves for numerous forms of compensation...but mainly money...preferably hard cash, while marrying a man is another means of achieving their goals in life using their sex and sexuality and "giving" their sex in return for "something",  for a price, so to speak and a means to sustain their agenda.

While the man may be thinking he loves her while he also lusts for her, she is thinking her sexuality is her means to get as much as she can out of that man while there always exists other men who can also help her achieve her goals if her present man does not provide what she wants or needs.

When a relationship is more or less embroiled in the mentality and attitude formed by prostitution and sex as a means of personal achievement then that relationship is probably bound for failure far more so than a relationship that evolved under what we would call normal circumstances.

Cheers

But is it not widely true (there are always exceptions) that the same also applies in a very substantial number of non bar girl realtionships. Women from all walks of life, of all Nationalities have a potentially powerful manipulation tool of sexuality and many will use it. 

The mentality and attitude for some women to use their sexuality as a way to achieve their goals is definitely not just formed by prostitution.

4 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

But is it not widely true (there are always exceptions) that the same also applies in a very substantial number of non bar girl realtionships. Women from all walks of life, of all Nationalities have a potentially powerful manipulation tool of sexuality and many will use it.

The mentality and attitude for some women to use their sexuality as a way to achieve their goals is definitely not formed by prostitution.

True...very true ..no disagreement on my part.

Meantime, with prostitutes and or bar girls that sell their sex for money it is about the money all the more so while usually...( but not always ) it carries over into a relationship or a marriage and becomes the contentious issue more so than most other factors.

I mean hey...when a really cute bar girl that you lust for and she likes to spend time with you and you like spending time with her and you are beginning to have feelings for her and you suggest that maybe she could come live with you and be live in lovers and take it to the next level, so to speak, says:

"OK, can do, but how much you pay me every month???....

You can pay "50,000 Baht ..Nah"  ....then I would suggest you think long and hard if that is the type of relationship you want to have with a woman that you think you could love.

25 years ago I remember I was introduced to a young guy who had a Thai girl friend who was the ultimate super cute "Babe"

I was jealous as she was everything that I was trying to find in a Thai girl.

Several months later my friend informed me they broke up and the man was devastated because she left him while my friend told me that guy wanted to marry her and have a life with her and be committed to her....everything ......but, apparently, she had other plans.

Another year later he told me how he ran into the girl and she remembered him and they talked briefly while he told her that guy, your ex , his friend was seriously heartbroken and truly loved you.

Her answer to that was:..."I not care...I not working for him now"......

Cheers

Never had this discussion about prostitutes with men in the West. However swap the name hooker to bar girl in Thailand and men line up with marriage proposals.. Total losers but hey.. Up to them.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

You don't think western prostitutes have boyfriends or husbands, or ever have 'relationships' with customers? Maybe you need to get out more!

39 minutes ago, rgs2001uk said:

Its a rose, by any other name.

She's a prostitute.

As in "She's a waitress" or "She's a bank manager", or "She's a nuclear scientist"

We all have jobs to put bread on the table and feed our families.  I don't think mine makes me an intrinsically dishonest person, despite what my customers might say

SC

Some truths that normally hold true but not always:
1. When a BG breaks up with her John she goes back to work in the bar.
2. She may stop the bar but her customer phone list remains and calls and messages continue
3. Normally has more than one Facebook account.
4. Will say "I love you because you take good care of me". Meaning you pay her and she loves that... Not you
5. The relationship starts with a payment and ends with a lack of payment.
Etc

21 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

She's a prostitute.

As in "She's a waitress" or "She's a bank manager", or "She's a nuclear scientist"

We all have jobs to put bread on the table and feed our families.  I don't think mine makes me an intrinsically dishonest person, despite what my customers might say

SC

I can empathise with these Bargirls, I spend all day working with prix.

If these girls were such a great catch, why aint the Thai men snapping them up before they ever leave the village.

I dont  see no decent Thai guys from a decent family snapping them up.

These girls are where they are for one reason and one reason only, no Thai guy wants them, they all come with baggage.

Never mind the latest bunch of freshies straight from Farangsville will snap them up.

The knights in shining armour who rode into town on their white buffalo are nothing but cannon fodder.

One of the best quotes I ever read on here was from some mug who had been taken to the cleaners.

I quote, "I only wanted to rescue her"

Archived