how much should i pay for this honda city?

riorobc023

I see in thailand that cars do not depreciate as fast as they do in the states, and that the tax's on some of the cars are astronomical!!

I am buying another car but this time it is a 2013 honda city, all tinted windows with 25,000 km on it. about mint condition, leather seats, no bluetooth or navigation but has USB ports.

buyer wants 400,000 . i think he said he bought for 600,000+

not negotiatiable

is this reasonable? thoughts and opinions welcome

For what it's worth, I bought a 2007 City Vtec 2 years ago for 200,000b with 130,000 km , very good condition and sports auto box with 7 speed on steering wheel.
No problems since and have been extremely pleased with it.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I bought a 2007 City Vtec 2 years ago for 200,000b with 130,000 km , very good condition and sports auto box with 7 speed on steering wheel.
No problems since and have been extremely pleased with it.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Since when has a CVT been sporty?

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

15 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Since when has a CVT been sporty?

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

7 speed wouldn't be a CVT would it? I had a 7 speed auto Honda Jazz that was a great little car.

They appear on here from time to time ... Second Hand Cars For Sale In Thailand. A Facebook site run by a guy called Ryan Collinwood, he is a TV member.

Since the 'first car scheme' cars do depreciate much faster than they used to. Some sellers haven't caught up with that fact yet. Three years old half price would probably be a bargain. 

A three year old car should still be mint.

Ask to see the bill of sale, the maintenance docs, the blue book and the insurance docs ... it should have reduced premium for no claims. Also how much it is insured for ... less than it is worth if that is any help.

12 hours ago, steve187 said:

the base model auto city is 600,000,  the city cvt is a 7 speed with steering wheel switch, well on my 2006.

i would think that the price is reasonable, with low milage

some here  -  http://www.one2car.com/honda/city/ปี-08-14)/?min_registered_year=2012&max_registered_year=2014&yearrange=2012-2014

The model the OP is thinking of buying all came with conventional 5 speed auto trans

with torque converters from 2008-2013.

The CVT trans was reintroduced in the current model from 2014 to date.

In 2013 the top of the range was the SV model that have paddle shifters on the steering wheel and were sold for 709,000bt.

Also came with 16"alloys, side indicators on the door mirrors and split rear reclining seats and black cloth interiors. 

Seems that the OP's prospective buy has had an interior modification to leather and with only 25k on the clock it seems to be very fairly priced if it's an SV model.

If it's a lower grade V or S model then it's a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 9:43 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Its sporty enough for Normal Happy Folk who mainly post in other sections :smile:... The Honda Turbo RS Civic has a rather nice CVT. As Giddy said,that box was fine , and im not an Auto fan except in BKK where i used one.

From the lights that Honda City would leave JaseTheBass behind in his pick up, and he bangs on about his pick up truck like its a prestige supercar.

So I guess JaseTheBass thinks it's quite sporty in reality. :smile:

my advice is ensure u get ALL paperwork..

service record and book, and have an expert check out the whole car for accidents.

check with insurance if there was a claim in the last couple of years.

i usually low ball for second hand cars as I am still paying the price for my very first silly purchase :)

good luck!

Yes,who else here Chosen workmans truck to a nice car you once had

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I bought the second safest car made here (the Everest being the safest but more than I wanted to pay) to try and give the best protection to my family should they ever be in an accident. Should I have bought a gas guzzling 10 year old Honda City instead?

And I know you're only pulling my chain but the Wildtrak is a massive step up over a City even if it doesn't cut it on the drag strip.

On 14 October 2016 at 5:33 PM, JaseTheBass said:

If he wants 400k then 350k is probably about right.

I was recently offered 260k by a dealer for my 7 year old City with 35k on the clock,  so 400k for a 3 year old one doesn't sound too far out of line.

6 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I bought the second safest car made here (the Everest being the safest but more than I wanted to pay) to try and give the best protection to my family should they ever be in an accident. Should I have bought a gas guzzling 10 year old Honda City instead?

And I know you're only pulling my chain but the Wildtrak is a massive step up over a City even if it doesn't cut it on the drag strip.

When you have that much ground clearance, it is a massive step up.:smile:

On 13.10.2016 at 4:58 PM, riorobc023 said:

I see in thailand that cars do not depreciate as fast as they do in the states, and that the tax's on some of the cars are astronomical!!

I am buying another car but this time it is a 2013 honda city, all tinted windows with 25,000 km on it. about mint condition, leather seats, no bluetooth or navigation but has USB ports.

buyer wants 400,000 . i think he said he bought for 600,000+

not negotiatiable

is this reasonable? thoughts and opinions welcome

The top version price 360-420k( have few want 4300-460 but it crazy guys)

25000 km nothing to say:

1. can change on ODO

2. Can kill car even after few thousands.

price 400k  if in good condition and its real 25000km

i guess its good deal.

but try get some discount

380-390? may be

On 10/26/2016 at 10:10 AM, LongTimeLurker said:

You can check out the "book value" on RedBook Thailand

Get some price comparisons on the "Price Check" function on Talad Rot

Ask an insurance company for a quote with their insured value indicated

Check local dealer prices

I wouldn't take too much notice of the insurance company valuation, they start off at 80% value even for a new vehicle.  My 7 year old City that I was just offered 260K for is valued by the  insurance company at 180k.

23 hours ago, gmac said:

I wouldn't take too much notice of the insurance company valuation, they start off at 80% value even for a new vehicle.  My 7 year old City that I was just offered 260K for is valued by the  insurance company at 180k.

My new vehicles have always been valued at paid value by insurers, maybe it depends on the company?

If you dispute the insured value the insurers will fix it at 90%.

Archived