Concrete Blocks Availability

carlyai

Have no idea if available or not - but I have never seen them here.  Thai use a much thinner version.  

Edit:  Suspect the reason I have never seen is because they are not required here where all construction is supported by piles and beams and walls are non-supporting.  

Have no idea if available or not - but I have never seen them here.  Thai use a much thinner version.  

Edit:  Suspect the reason I have never seen is because they are not required here where all construction is supported by piles and beams and walls are non-supporting.  

I've never seen them either, but to build my pool this is what my adviser said I should use.

Seems like they have them down south.

There are plenty of swimming pools (and with the look of the weather forecast just now....will be plenty if pools) in Isaan, they must use those smaller cinder blocks? Maybe they have those smaller blocks in cement and make like a cavity wall with cement and reo in the middle?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Hello All, they do have them in LOS, but hard to find. A member from

CM had some, and they were used in some of the MRT station construction.

I've not found any in the Korat area, and have looked. There was a thread

onetime in the "building forum" about them.

rice555 

Provide the mold for the concrete factory and they do what you want.... ;)      when i build my house i use the tiny bloc provided anywhere for the outside wall and brick for the inside wall. so i have a fresh house anytime

Very similar to Nanoblock - widely available. I purchased from a small supplier in Udon. Bought about 1000 to build a retaining wall using rebar and then concrete poured into the cavities.

Thanks HauptmannUK.

Daam, I just started another thread about cement blocks in the other forums as I hadn't got a good response in the Isaan forum.

Seems I can get them in Bangkok. Long way from back of Kuchinari, Udon closer.

Not meaning to question you, but are the ones you got the 8" cement blocks, or the cinder blocks? I want to build a swimming pool, so need the big strong blocks I think.

Here is another pic.

e68c205360dc7ae3c08585598faba6c0.jpg

If they are the same, you gota name and address if the supplier?

Thanks HauptmannUK.

Daam, I just started another thread about cement blocks in the other forums as I hadn't got a good response in the Isaan forum.

Seems I can get them in Bangkok. Long way from back of Kuchinari, Udon closer.

Not meaning to question you, but are the ones you got the 8" cement blocks, or the cinder blocks? I want to build a swimming pool, so need the big strong blocks I think.

Here is another pic.

e68c205360dc7ae3c08585598faba6c0.jpg

If they are the same, you gota name and address if the supplier?

AFAIK they use the metric system in Thailand.

Very similar to Nanoblock - widely available. I purchased from a small supplier in Udon. Bought about 1000 to build a retaining wall using rebar and then concrete poured into the cavities.

Hi again HauptmannUK.

Just got onto their web site.

Thanks very much again, I can look for the supplier.

They also supply swimming pool building systems, but look a bit high tech for me and my building mob.

• 2 years later...

Archived