Mae sai run (dring myself) pratical information?

Hi, im planning to do a quick in/out (multiple non o) in Mae Sai fom Chiang Mai, where i am currently.

I have never been to Mae Sai before, so i was looking for some practical info (if needed) about the trip.

plan was like this

- Drive relatively early from Chiang Mai to Mae Sai

- find parking (if possible) :)

- find tuk tuk to take me to border

- exit, cross the bridge (need bus or just walk over???)

-re-enter thailand, drive to Chiang Rai and stay for a night or two

- back to CM

Is there anything specific i (or others) should be aware of on thips trip? will the crossing take long time? impossible to find parking in Mae Sai? etc etc?

Any information would be appriciated

p.s. i know they have plenty of busses from CM to the border, but i dont feel like sitting cramped in a van for that many hours, then better to take the tour myself and relax and try see some things on the way

Thanks

It is easy enough to find places to park in Mae Sai. If planning to make a holiday out of it, you might even consider booking a hotel in Mae Sai for a night, and park there. There are several walking distance to the bridge. There is no need for transport to cross the bridge. It is a short walk. While the border can be busy, I doubt it will take you very long to check in and out.

it seems like its a small bridge (from pics), not like lao where you need a bus to drive across.. looks very simple.

Is there anything interesting on the other side? is it worth to park your passport there and go for a walk there? anything interesting to be found?