Authentic Indian food / resteurant.

PattayaBoy

Hi, any Indian food lovers / experts?

Im not lover or expert myself but like it from time to time especialy if its real deal.

I know there is lots of indian places around, but I am looking for the good one, cooking with orginal spices, fresh and all that, if you indian food person you would know what I mean.

Whats good around? 

Thanks for tips

Here are some places to check out. Very different, you'll probably like at least one of them:

Indian by Nature Jomtien (expensive)

Ali Baba Pattaya Klang (cheesy decor)

Saras Vegetarian, Royal Garden Mall

Bollywood Kurry, new place with ambitious menu, 2nd road, South Pattaya (Middle eastern district)

Indian Rasoi, also 2nd road, South Pattaya (Middle eastern district)

Here are some places to check out. Very different, you'll probably like at least one of them:

Indian by Nature Jomtien (expensive)
Ali Baba Pattaya Klang (cheesy decor)
Saras Vegetarian, Royal Garden Mall
Bollywood Kurry, new place with ambitious menu, 2nd road, South Pattaya (Middle eastern district)
Indian Rasoi, also 2nd road, South Pattaya (Middle eastern district)

I give a go Bollywood just for thier ambitious menu whatever it means.

How overpriced is Indian by nature? Is it food good?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes the food at Indian by Nature is very good, the best I've had in town.

The price level is based on the high food quality and also the posh decor and service (which I don't care about but that's what they do).  They even have very high end alchohol offering, it's a hiso type place all around. I wish they had the same food and lower prices in a DIVE!

However, drum roll ... you can get a 50 percent discount there by joining eatigo.com but you'll have to eat at 5:30 P.M. only for that.

Ali Baba is also on eatigo with varying discounts based on time slot.

I'm personally not a fan of Ali Baba but many people are including Indian people. 

By ambitious menu I mean offering many dishes you don't see on typical "standard" Indian restaurants.

Bollywood Kurry is offering 15 percent off during their opening period, which is now.

I will also mention MADRAS DARBAR, 2nd road, across from Central Mall. 

Also Dosa Hut, another vegetarian place, 2nd road, South Pattaya.

There really a lot of choices here of at least decent Indian food.

Of course as with any food type, opinions are subjective.

You'll have to taste yourself. 

NEW RESTAURANT Bollywood Kurry is really quite good and poised to be a CONTENDER in the local Indian restaurant scene. 

The current promotion is 10 percent (15 percent was only for the grand opening days).

The regular prices are mid level for the Pattaya market ... for example lamb curries in the 200s.

I will post more about it later.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

However, drum roll ... you can get a 50 percent discount there by joining eatigo.com but you'll have to eat at 5:30 P.M. only for that.

Not any more.

One place that you probably wont have tried is Indian Roots out by the lake. Well worth the trip, and they do still offer various discounts.

Apart from that for good quality and good value Indian food I would get on a bus and go to Bangkok. Vastly superior all round.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes the food at Indian by Nature is very good, the best I've had in town.

The price level is based on the high food quality and also the posh decor and service (which I don't care about but that's what they do).  They even have very high end alchohol offering, it's a hiso type place all around. I wish they had the same food and lower prices in a DIVE!

However, drum roll ... you can get a 50 percent discount there by joining eatigo.com

I don't see Indian by nature on the eatigo site.

Looks like the offer is no longer available.

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

I don't see Indian by nature on the eatigo site.

They left it a few weeks ago as I mentioned. Saras also withdrew though that was a long time ago. Shame as I went to both of them a few times and would have continued, but not at full price.

Indian Roots is the one to go for now, or Bangkok.

They left it a few weeks ago as I mentioned. Saras also withdrew though that was a long time ago. Shame as I went to both of them a few times and would have continued, but not at full price.

Indian Roots is the one to go for now, or Bangkok.

Try Bollywood Kurry and let us know what you think.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Not any more.

One place that you probably wont have tried is Indian Roots out by the lake. Well worth the trip, and they do still offer various discounts.

Apart from that for good quality and good value Indian food I would get on a bus and go to Bangkok. Vastly superior all round.

Or The Fisherman's Rest out at the lake.

Otherwise better to go to Penang or KL.

On 19/10/2016 at 3:57 PM, Jingthing said:

Long road. Where is it in relation to well-known places?

The problem with these new places is that by the time I have found them and decided to go there most of them have already closed down.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The problem with these new places is that by the time I have found them and decided to go there most of them have already closed down.

After JT has visited and given his report on here it turns into the "kiss of death" for most food establishments :sad:

:sorry:

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Long road. Where is it in relation to well-known places?

Good question.

The location of Bollywood Kurry is:

Roughly across the street from Beverly Plaza Hotel, 2nd road, South Pattaya, SOUTH of Pattaya Tai

map.gif

It is in the exact same location that Lebanese Gourmet was in.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived