Aussie, 37, dies of heart attack in Phuket

webfact

Aussie, 37, dies of heart attack in Phuket

Phuket Gazette 

pkt55.jpeg         

Mr Scerri and Ms Lai were staying at Andaman Embrace Resort & Spa Patong Phuket. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: -- An Australian man died at Patong Hospital about 9am today, shortly after he was admitted there unconscious following a heart attack.

Ryan John Scerri, 32, had been checked in at the Andaman Embrace Resort & Spa in Patong since October 13, and was scheduled to check out on October 23. He was staying there with a Canadian woman named Oiman Lai, 37.

“According to Ms Lai, Mr Scerri told her he was experiencing chest pains and having difficulty breathing at about 7am. She said she called out to him, but he fell unconscious,” said Maj Pattapee Srichai of Patong Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Aussie-37-dies-heart-attack-Phuket/65731?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-10-18

32 or 37, either way at that age I'd be slow to rule out the possibility that it may have been other than a heart attack.

Could just as easily been a reaction to a pesticide or some other chemical exposure through eating, drinking or contact exposure.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

32 or 37, either way at that age I'd be slow to rule out the possibility that it may have been other than a heart attack.

Could just as easily been a reaction to a pesticide or some other chemical exposure through eating, drinking or contact exposure.

... and- we're off. 

tinfoil-hat-and-tinfoil-cat.jpg

21 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

... and- we're off. 

So, if it were your brother, you'd be satisfied with a cause of death that came out before any investigation at all?

Google Canadian sisters dead in Thailand, and then come back and tell us... 

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, if it were your brother, you'd be satisfied with a cause of death that came out before any investigation at all?

It would depend on his medical history and life style. Heart attacks aren't unheard of at that age.

The Canadian girls had a completely different set of symptoms. Nothing that could be constued as a heart attack.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Google Canadian sisters dead in Thailand, and then come back and tell us... 

You do know that 10% of all reported heart attacks occur before the age of 40 right? 

20 hours ago, impulse said:

Well not actually sure what you say or suggest is a fact

Around 30-35 some people die due to the fact that the 1.000.000 (one million) heartbeats barrier have been past. And the human are for as so far I can recall the only species who have a heart that is able to beat past this limit.

16 hours ago, xvend said:

You do know that 10% of all reported heart attacks occur before the age of 40 right? 

Sure.  I would agree that one likely cause was a heart attack.  But announcing that it was a heart attack before any investigation at all paints the BIB into a corner.  

If they investigate and have to announce it was something else, they lose face.  So how thoroughly do you figure they'll investigate?  

And if the hospital's autopsy (if any) contradicts the BIB, that pits the hospital staff against the BIB's reputation.  Not much incentive even for them to do a diligent autopsy.

The appropriate announcement would have been death from unknown causes, until the autopsy and investigation.  But that never seems to happen here.

It would appear to be a straightforward case of death by heart attack.  However in the land of smoke and mirrors all the theorists will be speculating away.  Whatever the cause of death a man has died whilst on holiday with his girlfriend.  He will no doubt have close relatives who will be devastated and sympathy should go out to them

4 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Well not actually sure what you say or suggest is a fact

Around 30-35 some people die due to the fact that the 1.000.000 (one million) heartbeats barrier have been past. And the human are for as so far I can recall the only species who have a heart that is able to beat past this limit.

What rubbish you spout!

A hummingbird's heart beats at over 1200 beats a minute when in flight.

This means that heart beats exceed 1,000,000 after just under 14 hours of flight.

How long do you think hummingbirds spend flying during their lifetime?

Actually, the figure is not one million, but, a billion to a billion and a half.

http://gizmodo.com/5982977/how-many-heartbeats-does-each-species-get-in-a-lifetime

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

with the sheer amount of morbidly obese and overweight people living here on visas I am surprised this is not a daily story.

If that is a photo of the deceased, in the link of another post, and it probably is, he does not appear to look unhealthy. 

19 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

If you're in good shape you're heart beats 60 times a minute.; once a second. So you're saying a healthy person will live a 1,000,000 seconds. I thtink you might have dropped a few zeroes.

2 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"reading comprehension" or maths????

Make your choice, but if you think that 10% of all heart attacks are from under forties means the same as 10% of under forties die of a heart attack, then I know which one it is.

14 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Make your choice, but if you think that 10% of all heart attacks are from under forties means the same as 10% of under forties die of a heart attack, then I know which one it is.

Well, the guy in the OP died, so I thought the post was about fatal heart attacks. 

Archived