Autopsy results show respiratory, circulatory failure caused Frenchman’s death in Phuket

webfact

Autopsy results show respiratory, circulatory failure caused Frenchman’s death in Phuket

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1476792150_1-org.jpg

Forensic police examine Mr Renia's room following the discovery of his body. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: -- The Patong Police officer investigating the death of a French tourist found dead in his hotel room in Patong on Oct 8 has told The Phuket News today (Oct 18) that respiratory and circulatory failure were to blame and that police will cease their investigation into the case.

The body of Sylvain Bernard Renia, 27, from Montreuil, France, was discovered by staff at The Nest Resort on Nanai Rd at 9:30am on Oct 8.

Mr Renia checked in to the hotel on Oct 6 and was found naked, collapsed against a set of drawers in the room’s hallway.

Full story:  http://www.thephuketnews.com/autopsy-results-show-respiratory-circulatory-failure-caused-frenchman-death-in-phuket-59526.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-19

We're entitled to be skeptical, a lot of young french men die in these islands with no apparent cause! Things like "man hangs himself and somehow manages to tie his wrists together with wire at the same time" "we get a lot of that happening around here" says local BiB. Dive expert found drowned in hotel pool, "swimming accident" says local BiB, we get a lot of that around here!  :post-4641-1156693976::wai:

18 hours ago, Fithman said:

Some unfortunate person dies and they appear -- The amateur sleuths, pathologists, forensic scientists and and, of course the conspiracy theorists ---------.

Grow up an show some respect.

Do you think it is acceptable that a man, aged only 27, dies in a hotel room on Phuket, and a Phuket police officer simply declares his death was from "respiratory and circulatory failure" with no further investigation and the case being closed????

1 minute ago, NamKangMan said:

Do you think it is acceptable that a man, aged only 27, dies in a hotel room on Phuket, and a Phuket police officer simply declares his death was from "respiratory and circulatory failure" with no further investigation and the case being closed????

I think you should keep your "opinions" to yourself. You have zero knowledge of the case other than what you have gleaned from here and a rather poor 'tabloid' style newspaper report. 

Which are you- amateur sleuth, pathologist, forensic scientist or conspiracy theorist?  Perhaps none of those but maybe an wannabe "ambulance chasing" amateur lawyer? 

4 minutes ago, Fithman said:

I think you should keep your "opinions" to yourself. You have zero knowledge of the case other than what you have gleaned from here and a rather poor 'tabloid' style newspaper report. 

Which are you- amateur sleuth, pathologist, forensic scientist or conspiracy theorist?  Perhaps none of those but maybe an wannabe "ambulance chasing" amateur lawyer? 

And a Patong police officer is so much more qualified.  Right?

28 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

And a Patong police officer is so much more qualified.  Right?

Learn to read headlines 

On 10/19/2016 at 5:34 AM, webfact said:

Autopsy results show respiratory, circulatory failure

Autopsies are done by medically qualified Pathologists not policemen or TV wannabes 

Is your "conspiracy" antennae buzzing and the little voice whispering and saying "the pathologist is a fake" 

Goodbye 

5 minutes ago, Fithman said:

Learn to read headlines 

Autopsies are done by medically qualified Pathologists not policemen or TV wannabes 

Is your "conspiracy" antennae buzzing and the little voice whispering and saying "the pathologist is a fake" 

Goodbye 

Well, the death couldn't have possibly be caused by anything that would "tarnish" the tourism industry on Phuket.  That only happens when a knife is hanging out of a tourist's chest.  Right?

Which bar do you own here?

Just now, NamKangMan said:

Well, the death couldn't have possibly be caused by anything that would "tarnish" the tourism industry on Phuket.  That only happens when a knife is hanging out of a tourist's chest.  Right?

Which bar do you own here?

You seem to have a serious problem.

Best seek good medical advice by consulting a doctor, in person in your home country 

I note the little conspiracy meter is still feeding you with nonsense. 

Why do you think/believe I own a bar ? 

56 minutes ago, Fithman said:

You seem to have a serious problem.

Best seek good medical advice by consulting a doctor, in person in your home country 

I note the little conspiracy meter is still feeding you with nonsense. 

Why do you think/believe I own a bar ? 

No problem here. 

Unlike yourself, I don't have as much confidence as you have in the competence and professionalism of the police and pathologists here, to carry out a thorough, and independent investigation, free from any interference.

Many Government organisations and authorities have a conflict of interest to report deaths of young people on Phuket are by natural causes, because death by any other means, or an unknown death, may result in compensation to the family and / or a financial loss in tourism.

Seven people died in The Downtown Inn Chiang Mai, and it was still claimed to be a "coincidence" right to the very end.  Where was the proper investigation after the first  few people died?  How many people have to die, and how much media pressure do you need, before a proper investigation is carried out?  Do you remember that case????

Similarly, young, healthy people have died in hotels on Phi Phi, with blame being appointed to the actions of the deceased. 

Sure, tragically, young healthy people die, all around the world.  However, if they die on Phuket, I do not have confidence in the investigators here to make the truth known to the public. 

If deaths were caused by bed bug spray, jelly fish stings, food poisoning etc, could you imagine the negative impact on the tourism industry here?  Wouldn't it be better to declare the deaths as natural causes, or suicide, or the fault of the deceased?

These deaths are not all by misadventure, but I would suggest, as in The Downtown Inn, they are probably not all by natural causes, either.

I keep an open mind in such a corrupt country, where money is number one. 

On 19/10/2016 at 10:59 AM, SOTIRIOS said:

...this is bloody insane......

...brought on by what....nothing....???

...did they check his blood even....???

You're right this is another bloody insane comment considering a post mortem was performed that confirmed the cause of death.  Are you a pathologist now?

14 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

The police officer did not "simply declare" his opinion he was commenting after a postmortem had been conducted confirming the cause of death with no suspicious circumstances.  Conspiracy theorists have to accept that everyone dies at some stage and some die when they are young from natural causes.

On 21/10/2016 at 2:18 AM, gdgbb said:

The police officer did not "simply declare" his opinion he was commenting after a postmortem had been conducted confirming the cause of death with no suspicious circumstances.  Conspiracy theorists have to accept that everyone dies at some stage and some die when they are young from natural causes.

"Conspiracy theorists have to accept that everyone dies at some stage and some die when they are young from natural causes." - I agree.  If you see my previous post, I stated that.

However, can't you see a trend, over the years, that none of these deaths are attributed to ANYTHING that would "tarnish" the tourism industry on Phuket?

Don't you think that a little strange, especially when considering the case of The Downtown Inn in Chiang Mai.

On 21/10/2016 at 2:20 AM, gdgbb said:

A forensic pathologist is though and he gave the police the results.

The Koh Tao murders made global headlines.  There was intense media scrutiny, and pressure, for the investigation to yield a result.

The DNA evidence got LOST.

So, forgive me if I don't have a lot of confidence in the forensic pathology here.

Now, about The Downtown Inn case in Chiang Mai.  Where were the conclusive causes of deaths for all of those victims????

That's right, it was a "COINCIDENCE" wasn't it?

On 19/10/2016 at 2:48 PM, Fithman said:

Some unfortunate person dies and they appear -- The amateur sleuths, pathologists, forensic scientists and and, of course the conspiracy theorists ---------.

Grow up an show some respect.

And those, like yoursef, with absolutely  nothing to say, except whinge.

Mate, do yourself a favour, stop reading this site.

Archived