A Bangkok taxi driver we'd all like to meet!

webfact

A Bangkok taxi driver we'd all like to meet!

a1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- He would be a Bangkok cabbie most people would like to meet. He sounded a bit serious but his intentions were fantastic.

The passenger in Sorrasit Viriya's cab on the way to the Grand Palace was a bit uncertain but the message was clear, reports Manager Online.

"If you are showing your respects to His Majesty - there is no charge.

Just respect me too," said the driver to the passenger.

The passenger posted a video of the brief encounter on Facebook under the name Rachot Phoonkhlai saying that he was just about to get out of the cab near Sanam Luang on Sunday.

Onliners praised the taxi driver for his kind spirit.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-19

I don't know why so many posters here knock taxi drivers. In my experience 95% of them are just fine. Very rarely have I had a bad one and for the price the service is brilliant. Nice to see a good news post highlight one them.

Some people offer free food to people waiting in line to pay respect to the King.

Others offer free taxi rides, while one doctor in Ranong sees patients for free for a month out of respect for the King.

And then you have the people who incite violence towards everybody who does something "unrespectful" in their eyes. 

They hit mentally ill people, scold people not wearing black, and besiege houses of people who might have insulted the king.

Quite different ways to show respect.

Just now, Bob12345 said:

Some people offer free food to people waiting in line to pay respect to the King.

Others offer free taxi rides, while one doctor in Ranong sees patients for free for a month out of respect for the King.

And then you have the people who incite violence towards everybody who does something "unrespectful" in their eyes. 

They hit mentally ill people, scold people not wearing black, and besiege houses of people who might have insulted the king.

Quite different ways to show respect.

Many jumped on the need for black clothing so jacked up the prices !

Last Friday the Commerce Ministry knew enough about their own people that they felt the need to issue a warning about opportunism.

Respect !

I am impressed by any " positive" things done like this by Thais for the King. I don't use facebook but with so many stories and posts I read second hand about people taking time to seek out and post negative things about people wearing the wrong color clothes,  I had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if one of these negative facebook posters started something like a fund me page to raise money to purchase black or appropriate colored clothes  for the so many poor people who can't afford 200 or more baht for these clothes.  Other negative FB posters could spend time distributing these items as well. 

2 hours ago, somo said:

I don't know why so many posters here knock taxi drivers. In my experience 95% of them are just fine. Very rarely have I had a bad one and for the price the service is brilliant. Nice to see a good news post highlight one them.

It only takes a few to give them all a bad name

I remember the ones who have tried to rip me off, sad to say my memory of the good ones is a bit sketchy

About 10 years ago I was in a Bangkok taxi with my Thai girlfriend (now my wife) on the Kings birthday. We were enroute to one of the birthday celebrations when the taxi driver asked my gf if I was aware that it was the Kings birthday, she told him that I was aware and that it was also my birthday.

Because I had the same birthday as the King, we were only charged half price.

Archived