McGarrett Instant Oats.

NoshowJones

29 minutes ago, balo said:
1 hour ago, varun said:
I prefer oat bran to just regular oats.

Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran is the best I've tasted - 
http://sunshinemarket.co.th/wp/index.php/product/organic-oat-bran-cereal/

Just add water, a teaspoon each of peanut butter and honey, and it is absolutely delicious.
Banana and/or granola in there also works extremely well.

Highly recommended.

Really ? Peanut butter in the oat porridge ? Must be an American thing . Sounds weird to me. I add some natural yoghurt and frozen berries, and bit of cinnamon . Thats it.

I clicked the link and was looking at the Bran when I realised they off a free diary when you buy their product.

Ha ha ha! I want one!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also share your love of porridge and usually use the same make as you O/P. But I do not use a microwave. I much prefer the stove top method over a low flame. It thickens up so much nicer. Just like mama used to make it!

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yup. It's called muesli. A very healthy breakfast. McGarrett also make it.

The reason Ive been thinking of swapping from the muesli or granola ive been eating for years to porridge, is that muesli / granola manufacturers add an awful lot of sugar which cant be good for the consumer.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The reason Ive been thinking of swapping from the muesli or granola ive been eating for years to porridge, is that muesli / granola manufacturers add an awful lot of sugar which cant be good for the consumer.

Yes , dangerous , doctor told me not to get it … that's why I don't buy their musli, just the oats and I add the fresh fruit myself 

you supposed to heat them up?, maybe back in those cold UK mornings but here I just add cold milk to oats, sometimes, raisens, bananas, and when in season here, strawberries.

I was reading one of those healthy eating sites, and it suggested you should eat breakfast within one hour of getting up in the morning. In my working days , yes, but now retired not so perhaps?

14 hours ago, balo said:
15 hours ago, varun said:
I prefer oat bran to just regular oats.

Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran is the best I've tasted - 
http://sunshinemarket.co.th/wp/index.php/product/organic-oat-bran-cereal/

Just add water, a teaspoon each of peanut butter and honey, and it is absolutely delicious.
Banana and/or granola in there also works extremely well.

Highly recommended.

Really ? Peanut butter in the oat porridge ? Must be an American thing . Sounds weird to me. I add some natural yoghurt and frozen berries, and bit of cinnamon . Thats it.

Don't knock it until you try it ????

In the absence of milk, the peanut butter adds thickness and a creamy texture to the bran-water mixture.

It also compliments the honey, that I add for sweetness.

Put a handful of granola in there, and you have a wonderful nutty, crunchy and creamy breakfast.

Steps:

1) 2 tbsp of oat bran

2) Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup of boiling water and mix well - not too much water otherwise the porridge will get watery

3) Add 1/2 - 1 tbsp of honey and mix well

4) Add a 1 tbsp of peanut butter and mix well

5) Add a handful of granola and enjoy - I use Calbee Granola that has a coconut-y flavor

Archived