Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Japanese man shoots his ex wife over marriage break-up settlement


webfact

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, catman20 said:

whats the point of having your freedom back with no money left to enjoy there selves with. 

 

I simply started again, a few years older, a little wiser, a little poorer and carried on enjoying my life.

 

It wasn't that difficult to do.

 

BTW I still have a positive outlook on life.

 

There is no point in whining or bitching about it. Just get on with the rest of your life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Nups, etc.

 

GoldBuggy wrote:

<<If you are of means and have many assets, then a pre nup is probably a good way to protect what you bring into a marriage. Which should be protected anyway and in most other places. A pre nup is not written in stone or binding in any court of law. Even if it is fair, it is up to the courts to decide. A pre nup is only a written contract but so is a marriage contract, which between husband and wife supersedes any other contract you may have with her. >>

 

Back in my 20s, I thought it was time to get married. On advice from a friend, I paid $700 to an American attorney who set me straight about pre-nups. "...they are all the rage now. If enough assets are at stake---you WILL lose your ass in court."

Best $700 USD I ever spent! The deal the court looks at is a principle called "Hearth and Home." This is where the wifey does wifey things---like dishes (bullshit) and thus, must be compensated for. It doesn't matter who actually does the dishes, take the trash out, cook meals. The court really could care less about who is screwing whom.

 

The State is NOT about to hand over all the assets to the man and make the female destitute. No---the courts have flipped and now make the man destitute! Never forget this.

America is such an Exceptional Nation! (sarc)

 

As I was leaving my lawyer's office---he gave me a sage bit of advice "...if you are even contemplating a pre-nup, then skip the whole notion of marriage."

 

I got home and was quiet. My girl knew I went to the lawyer's office for a consultation. I wanted to mull things over, no---she wanted it all out ---NOW!

She pressed and pressed and finally her gem popped out "...if we sign a pre-nup, will I be on the hook for her debt."

Debt? I never knew she had ANY. We split up in the next few weeks, whew.

 

Moral of the story----RUN!

As soon as your brain registers "...my girl is different," You are HOSED!

You HOSED YOURSELF!

We all do it...the trick is to catch a falling knife.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billd766 said:

 

I simply started again, a few years older, a little wiser, a little poorer and carried on enjoying my life.

 

It wasn't that difficult to do.

 

BTW I still have a positive outlook on life.

 

There is no point in whining or bitching about it. Just get on with the rest of your life.

and dont make the same mistake again like many do here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catman20 said:

and dont make the same mistake again like many do here.

 

Actually I remarried about 6 months after my decree absolute came through.

 

Been married 17 years this year with a 12 year old son.

 

Neither marriage was a mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 8:24 AM, robblok said:

If you take a wife half your age your playing the odds.. if you attract girls with your money do you think the want you or your money ?

 

She is 58; what age would that make the Japanese man?  Story said he was 60 but that is just the reporting. Of course whatever age she was when he met her it was probably his money that made him handsum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 8:24 AM, robblok said:

If you take a wife half your age your playing the odds.. if you attract girls with your money do you think the want you or your money ?

 

I was recently divorced (unfortunately) from my Thai wife.. I kept the car and the house she did not want a thing besides what she put into the relation. We are still friends but I selected carefully and she was not half my age or attracted to money. 

 

They are out there.. just harder to find and get.. and probably not half your age and looking 10 times better. Woman want a good looking nice guy too.. Guys would not want a woman twice their age why would girls want it without some monetary compensation.

 

And yes there are good age gap relations out there.. but that is like winning the lottery everyone talks about it but fey actually win. (I have seen a few.. but seen more that were not genuine).

 

What are you on?

 

either I've gone crossed eyed ( which is completely possible)... or he was 60 and she was 58.

 

no "age gap" discussion required

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 0:22 PM, robblok said:

Strange that you guys lost it all.. where i come from wives get 50% of the joint property and a monthly allowance. Quite fair too they gave up all to stay home take care of the house your needs and kids and could not make money themselves. Then when it goes south she has to leave with nothing because you made the money.... forgetting what she did all the time for you and kids and could not have her own carrier because of it.

 

That monthly allowance is gone when she starts working (only topped up a bit). I have even seen cases where wives had to pay for their husbands. But these wives had a career made more money then their husbands. So it works two ways. You know what your getting into when you marry.. law has not changed in ages and you moan and bitch about it. 

 

Tough luck id say. First time around i was smart enough to have a pre nup.. kept my house out of it, and because of the short marriage only a short time for monthly allowance... all fair IMHO.. sure it sucks when she chooses an other guy.. but she is not property unlike what some of you might think. 

 

jerome seems to be suggesting that the best sex a man gets is during a divorce, as well.... I would certainly agree.

 

so maybe the more pertinent question is " where are you from"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 11:54 PM, Gracas said:

Perhaps a Samurai Sword may have been a better choice of weapon for Morita, he was lacking skill with the Handgun.

 

He couldn't get into the house to use his samurai sword....the  gun may have been plan b... or he was just a crappy shot..... but in fairness.... he broke the window, giving her a warning, and a running start ( and we all know moving targets are harder to hit)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, farcanell said:

 

What are you on?

 

either I've gone crossed eyed ( which is completely possible)... or he was 60 and she was 58.

 

no "age gap" discussion required

 

I was replying to a general post from an other user about how he got screwed over by a Thai girl.. I was not talking about this specific post. Fact is that many guys here get screwed over because they confuse a girl that wants them for money with one that really likes them. They are paying girls salary's and so on and wonder why a girl like that would want a big "severance pay" once it goes belly up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

She is 58; what age would that make the Japanese man?  Story said he was 60 but that is just the reporting. Of course whatever age she was when he met her it was probably his money that made him handsum.

 

Again was in reply to an other poster.. not to this guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, robblok said:

 

I was replying to a general post from an other user about how he got screwed over by a Thai girl.. I was not talking about this specific post. Fact is that many guys here get screwed over because they confuse a girl that wants them for money with one that really likes them. They are paying girls salary's and so on and wonder why a girl like that would want a big "severance pay" once it goes belly up. 

 

Fair enough

 

but unfortunately that probably means your not on drugs... another opportunity missed dadnamit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jools said:

When you buy ANYTHING in Thailand, you open yourself up to problems you will NEVER have if you merely RENT.

 

Did you ever try renting a bottle of beer, a pack of cigarettes, a tankful of gasoline, a bus or airline ticket, a meal in a restaurant?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh, so if I understand this correctly, my plan to marry the lovely young lady I met at  Klub BoBo last month may require me to reconsider my sinsod of 1 million baht, a Honda Wave for her  cousin Somchai, and a new house  for her family. I was building the house for all of us, and would live with the family when I am here.  Kitkat my futire wife will stay in Hua Hin to help support her family. Cousin Somchai  has kindly offered to stay with her to  make sure she is safe. I very much respect Thai sese of family as I can see that Kit kat and Somchai are quite close. I was worried at first about her being lonely, but I see she has lots of friends on her Facebook page, although it is a bit odd that she won't friend me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jools said:

When you buy ANYTHING in Thailand, you open yourself up to problems you will NEVER have if you merely RENT.

 

Sound advice for those who do not have families. However, if one has kids, a modest home is reasonable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, billd766 said:

 

Did you ever try renting a bottle of beer, a pack of cigarettes, a tankful of gasoline, a bus or airline ticket, a meal in a restaurant?

You are being deliberately obtuse. Cars and houses and property are the subject being discussed, not the items you mention.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And with that, my best wishes and many thanks to the many men who got screwed over and let me take the Red Pill before I make said mistake.

Although I'm not MGTOW (or at least not a dedicated hardcore one), I currently do have a GF but already have enough signs to know not to bother getting married, so a break up will be inevitable to my current understanding.

 

As for pre-nups, the courts can dismiss them on a whim with no further regard, it isn't in any way legally binding and if you did your pre-nup "just before getting married" it will likely be seen as a coercion and dismissed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jools said:

You are being deliberately obtuse. Cars and houses and property are the subject being discussed, not the items you mention.

 

try reading your own post.

 

I will quote it for you.

 

Post #133

 

" When you buy ANYTHING in Thailand, you open yourself up to problems you will NEVER have if you merely RENT. "

 

What is obtuse about that? Your emphasised word was ANYTHING so I responded to show how stupid the post was.

 

So what were you alluding too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, billd766 said:

 

Actually I remarried about 6 months after my decree absolute came through.

 

Been married 17 years this year with a 12 year old son.

 

Neither marriage was a mistake.

lucky you 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh,the old,old story of good fights evil,man fights woman.But,sadly, it is true,the husband always loses in the end.Which gives a certain amount of truth to the belief,that unlike other Vampires,Thai ladies keep their fangs in their vagina's :crazy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...