Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

Unless the new Forza 300 can match the specs of the XMax currently available it has no shot of being successful. Let's take a look at the current significant differences and it is easy to see that Honda have a long ways to go. First and foremost is the weight difference, Forza 192KG, XMax 179KG. That is huge. Engine, Forza 279CC, XMax 292CC. Horsepower Forza 24.5 @8250, XMax 27.6 @7250. Torque Forza 25.7@6000 RPM, XMax 29@5750 RPM. Add in Traction Control, larger tires you have admit that the XMax is a much better machine at this point. I have not seen any official specs for the upgraded Forza, only internet buzz that Honda will improve the current model and that it will be available in December. It should be a significant upgrade or my choice will be the XMax.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, idman said:

Unless the new Forza 300 can match the specs of the XMax currently available it has no shot of being successful. Let's take a look at the current significant differences and it is easy to see that Honda have a long ways to go. First and foremost is the weight difference, Forza 192KG, XMax 179KG. That is huge. Engine, Forza 279CC, XMax 292CC. Horsepower Forza 24.5 @8250, XMax 27.6 @7250. Torque Forza 25.7@6000 RPM, XMax 29@5750 RPM. Add in Traction Control, larger tires you have admit that the XMax is a much better machine at this point. I have not seen any official specs for the upgraded Forza, only internet buzz that Honda will improve the current model and that it will be available in December. It should be a significant upgrade or my choice will be the XMax.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

13kg - not much. 13cc - same. 3.1 hp - small amount. 3.3 lb/ft - same. Will give you the traction control and tires. But Huge - please

38 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

..and then one could look at SYM?  

.. and here it is!

...yet another 300-class scooter contender: SYM's 'CruiSYM 300i' (formally known as the the Joymax, GTS and Evo) that is due to be released later this year. They were especially popular sellers in Phuket, Pattaya, Samui and Bkk.    

http://www.bikesrepublic.com/news/new-sym-cruisym-300i-scooter-previewed-in-malaysia/  

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5je632Bxx0
This model brings to the table, among other features, braided steel brake lines and a nice looking dashboard that offers built-in GPS navigation, Bluetooth, LINE, etc.! 

Edited by luwahn

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

13kg - not much. 13cc - same. 3.1 hp - small amount. 3.3 lb/ft - same. Will give you the traction control and tires. But Huge - please

+ LED front and tail lights, charger, keyless go, and way more modern design

just sat on the Xmax in Germany - feels significant handier and lighter than my former Forza

lets wait how far Honda will go with the upgrade

• Like 1

7 hours ago, idman said:

Picky picky picky, typical from someone with a chip on their shoulders. Instead of appreciation for facts and figures they choose to go negative.

Post BS - expect to be called out -

Huge

adjective

Extremely large; enormous.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/huge

On 6/3/2017 at 7:09 PM, canthai55 said:

13kg, not much? yes it is on a 300cc scooter. 

+3.1hp advantage to the lighter scout = winner, looks like it can run in circles around the Forza. 

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2560 at 2:47 PM, MrJ said:

+ LED front and tail lights, charger, keyless go, and way more modern design

just sat on the Xmax in Germany - feels significant handier and lighter than my former Forza

lets wait how far Honda will go with the upgrade

I am so-o-o-oh jealous! :wub:  .... your previous ownership of a Forza makes you The Man who can make informed comparisons! Then again, you are right: We have to wait and see how Honda's Forza upgrd meets the high bar that Yamaha set with its X-Max 300 .. 15 inch wheels, power, luxury-looking design, adjustable windscreen, shocks and handle bar - all standard! 

16 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

13kg, not much? yes it is on a 300cc scooter. 

+3.1hp advantage to the lighter scout = winner, looks like it can run in circles around the Forza. 

At this point, it does look like the Yamaha X-Max 300 leads the field. It would surely be my choice right now if it were available!

May I ask a question for clarification? Is the talk about a new Forza 300 just speculation at this point or has there been news of it somewhere? I've been keeping an ear out to see if Honda would rework the Forza, but hadn't seen any news. So if anyone has a link or two to share, I'd love to see it.

I agree that taken individually, the improvements we see in the X-max aren't exactly "huge." But the sum of them is significant and I think the X-max will come out well ahead of the current Forza. The reviews I've seen so far of the bike seem to support this, but I'll reserve judgement until try it myself.

Edited by HeyNow

• 3 weeks later...

below a translate via google

All New Yamaha XMAX 300 Thailand is officially open this August.
On 21 Jun, 2017
Xmax

From the news track for a long time. In the end, it was confirmed by Yamaha that there will be a launch of this Big Scooter in Thailand, we certainly with All New Yamaha XMAX 300 2017, but have not specified the exact time. However, it is expected to be very high for the Big Motor Sale this August.

If we talk about the scooter in our home. Now for the entry level class, it will be a tug between the PCX and NMAX, but if you move up to the Big Scooter now the main market is inevitable. Forza sure enough, although it may have come to jam. SYM and Suzuki markets, but not much in the way. Now, in a situation where the Yamaha itself is aggressive market in our home. Challenge the rival camp fully. It is very interesting. This is the same for Forza.

2017_yam_xmax300_eu_wm6_stu_001_03

In the beginning, let's get to know each other. All New Yamaha XMAX 300 2017 this car deep. That the number one competitor in the future will be ready. For the design purpose of the Yamaha XMAX 300 it is clear that the camps want to offer the best scooter driving experience. Also known as a high-end scooter that focuses on everyday use in the city or runs trips to those who own it. With a design and a very sporty ride, the MAX family comes complete with a new 292cc engine, 4-stroke, 4-stroke, SOHC Blue Core 4-stroke engine. Strength and fuel economy in the body. The materials used in each section will focus on the premiums in the sample.

Http://i1.wp.com/www.morebikes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2017_YAM_XMAX300_EU_MDNOM1_DET_004.jpg?resize=980%2C650

The front shock absorber is a dual clamp with ABS braking system with front and rear disc brakes. And a very interesting option is the Traction Control System (TCS) or the Free Spine Protection System. There is not much to put in this class. (There are usually only a large super bike.) And 'Smart Key' is a system where we do not have to plug in a second socket. Just have a key, you can start it. (Like today's top-of-the-line models), the 15-inch front wheels and 14-inch rear wheels provide the ultimate in driving balance when compiled from the overall structure of the X-MAX 300.

Http://i2.wp.com/www.morebikes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2017_YAM_XMAX300_EU_MDNOM1_DET_008-1.jpg?resize=980%2C650

The front of the system is a twin-eye LED and works in conjunction with a high beam LED. The rear is a taillight LED. The body of the car is unique in the boomerang concept of the MAX family. It is a compact bar. Can control the car easily. While the display screen is an LCD with both analog (digital) and digital display combined. The X-MAX 300 under the cushion is a huge under-seat cushion. In addition to wearing a full two helmets, you can also wear something else at the same time. This one should be suitable for those who like to travel a lot. The colors that are now available are Lunar Gray, Milky White, Quasar Bronze,

Http://i2.wp.com/www.morebikes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2017_YAM_XMAX300_EU_MDNOM1_DET_002.jpg?resize=980%2C650

Now, of course, what many people have asked each other. That is, in terms of the price that will be released to much of what is here at the moment is still not officially. But it is very possible that the price of the car is higher than all competitors in our home. Because the car has full options. And a very premium. (In foreign countries, it is also considered higher price as well.) Therefore, it may be launched around 169,000 - 175,000 compared to the proportions of the Forza 300 and XMAX 300 on the European side. Wait for updates from the GreatBiker as well.

Thank you pics from yamaha-motor.eu morebikes.co.uk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 0:09 AM, MrJ said:

....  If we talk about the scooter in our home. Now for the entry level class, it will be a tug between the PCX and NMAX, but if you move up to the Big Scooter now the main market is inevitable. Forza sure enough, although it may have come to jam. SYM and Suzuki markets, but not much in the way. Now, in a situation where the Yamaha itself is aggressive market in our home. Challenge the rival camp fully. It is very interesting. This is the same for Forza.

^ ^ ^  +1

It looks as though the X-Max driver's position is somewhat forward and upright as compared to the current Forza 300.

Without fanfare (or explanation?), Honda abruptly stops selling the Forza 300 in the US and Canadian market after the 2016 model year. Coupled with the debut challenge of the X-Max 300 with its 15" /14" wheels, it would seem to be the perfect opportunity for Honda to announce an updated Forza 300, yet there has been no available public info AFAIK.

I have to believe, too, that with Yama's latest challenges to the 150 cc class, that the PCX 150 is due for an update, also. Maybe an updated PCX 150 and Honda 300 can take on the looks and characteristics of the top selling Forza 125 sold in UK. http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/scooter/forza-125-2015/overview.html

I am hoping Honda's marketing strategists are just keeping any update plans undercover for now and will debut in the next model year which is only months away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

new rumor - XMax 300 to be introduced at Motor Sale Show BKK Bitec 19.-27.08., lets wait and see

FYI - in Germany introduced in May '17 and already sold out all 2017 deliveries.......

On 8/9/2017 at 3:59 PM, MrJ said:

new rumor - XMax 300 to be introduced at Motor Sale Show BKK Bitec 19.-27.08., lets wait and see

FYI - in Germany introduced in May '17 and already sold out all 2017 deliveries.......

That sounds like more good news for the Xmax 300! I sure hope it makes its Thai  debut at the Aug motor show. It will be interesting to see the effect of the Xmax 300 on this Thai market - mfr. of the local hometown favorite Forza - on second hand Forza 300 prices and especially when (and if) Honda comes out with an updated 300 version. :whistling:

That's the news I have been waiting for. If true then a trip to Bangkok will be in order. Hopefully Honda will have their act together and introduce their new and improved Forza 300. If not then I'm afraid they will loose a huge amount of potentail sales. It boggles my mind that Honda have fallen so far behind Yamaha in the scooter department and don't seem to be in a hurry to produce new or at least improved models to the Thai market.

Agree100%!
With its hundreds (if not thousands?) of operations, maybe Honda is too big to concern itself with making public of any advance notification of updates to a comparatively minor scooter class(?). Honda opened its upgraded motor cycle testing grounds in Prachinburi province last month, so 'hopefully' they will soon release an updated Forza 300 version that complies with the 'Euro 4' standard which comes into effect in < 5 months!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahnsahn said:

'hopefully' they will soon release an updated Forza 300 version that complies with the 'Euro 4' standard which comes into effect in < 5 months!

Are there new emission standards coming into effect next year in Thailand? Because the Euro 4 stuff in the EU is already in effect since the beginning of 2017.

You're right, I mis-typed, and no, I'm not aware of any new Thai cycle regulations. But have you seen the new Thai Xmax 300 videos?  a couple are with eng subs. Thai model has adjustable windscreen option? Has anyone seen the Xmax 300 at the motor show?
New Honda Forza by Dec??

1 hour ago, ragpicker said:

Very interested also.  Hope they drop the seat height for the Thai market or I'll have to pass.  The wife also needs to be able to drive the Xmax :sad:

I believe the advertised spec for the height of the Xmax 300 is 795 mm (BTW, the advertised spec height for the current Forza 300 is 716 mm). One of the newly released Xmax 300 Eng subbed videos shows  5' 6" driver.

just booked (3k deposit) the yellow one - have booking number 82 in Thailand and number 44 for yellow colour, expected delivery in about 30 days

168 + 2k delivery to Pattaya to my home by Yamaha Thailand

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ahnsahn said:

I believe the advertised spec for the height of the Xmax 300 is 795 mm (BTW, the advertised spec height for the current Forza 300 is 716 mm). One of the newly released Xmax 300 Eng subbed videos shows  5' 6" driver.

That's the same height I have seen for the European version.  Almost the same height as the T-Max!  Pretty high for the average Thai.