Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

1 hour ago, MrJ said:

just booked (3k deposit) the yellow one - have booking number 82 in Thailand and number 44 for yellow colour, expected delivery in about 30 days

168 + 2k delivery to Pattaya to my home by Yamaha Thailand

Congratulations on a good buy!!

hts off to you.jpg

Does the Thai versions come with the 15' - 14' wheels, Traction control and adjustable windscreen and handles?
versions

hts offgiphy.jpg

Edited by Ahnsahn

With any luck an Xmax 300 should be available for viewing and purchasing in Chiang Mai before the end of September. I am leaning more towards the brownish color but that yellow color really stands out and would be my second choice. I am not going to wait in the hope that Honda will get their collective heads out of their ar..ses and update the bathtub on two wheels, AKA Forza 300.

• Haha 1

With any luck an Xmax 300 should be available for viewing and purchasing in Chiang Mai before the end of September. I am leaning more towards the brownish color but that yellow color really stands out and would be my second choice. I am not going to wait in the hope that Honda will get their collective heads out of their ar..ses and update the bathtub on two wheels, AKA Forza 300.

Stuck between white or yellow[emoji848].. .. poor Forza

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, idman said:

.... I hear ya', 
w/o actually have test rode the Xmax (like Mr. J was able to), the Xmax looks to be The Number One 300 cc mid-size scooter to have right now. I too, would definitely like one and would lean more towards the brownish color and I agree that the yellow color really stands out but the grey color would be my second choice. Luckily (sadly?), my situation gives me the option of waiting a few months before making a purchase. In that time, Honda could release an updated Forza 300 version that is a clone of the Forza 125, sold in UK, which in itself is practically a copy of the Xmax 300: 15" -14" wheels, nice dashboard, etc. - I would jump on a blue-white-grey color model in a NY minute!

Forza 125.jpg

Forza 125 (Dashboard) .jpg

Edited by Ahnsahn
  • Like 1

I am going to take a shot in the dark and head over to Mid Year Auto show at the Convention Center here in Chiang Mai. Last auto show they had motorbikes also, Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakais and Suzukis so perhaps this will be the same and God willing there will be an Xmax 300 on display. If that is the case I will take a shi.t load of photos and post them along with any other info. regarding the sale of this model.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, idman said:

I am going to take a shot in the dark and head over to Mid Year Auto show at the Convention Center here in Chiang Mai. Last auto show they had motorbikes also, Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakais and Suzukis so perhaps this will be the same and God willing there will be an Xmax 300 on display. If that is the case I will take a shi.t load of photos and post them along with any other info. regarding the sale of this model.

Do you know the dates of that show in Chiang mai ?

congrats _ what they told you about expected delivery date ? they deliver to your home as well? What order number you got?

Thank you bro, December, most likely January... I’m not in a rush... no order #, but he said they are around 500 as of yesterday. we got each other’s line and He’s gonna deliver to my home. Sweeeet

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Trikyle said:

You only live once, I got the white. Live to ride baby.. Live to ride @ Big Motor Sale ไบเทค บางนาIMG_8216.JPGIMG_8218.JPGIMG_8219.JPGIMG_8229.JPGIMG_8232.JPGIMG_8248.JPGIMG_8269.JPGIMG_8260.JPGIMG_8240.JPG

Congratulations on your new XMax 300 buy!!

They must be selling like 'hot cakes', (kowl pad), if they have sold about 500 scooters since MRJ bought his the other day! Do they provide an English version of the owners manual?

congratulations .jpg

• Like 1

They must be selling like 'hot cakes', (kowl pad), if they have sold about 500 scooters since MRJ bought his the other day! Do they provide an English version of the owners manual?

599dc7428089a_congratulations.jpg.1b58fabb6fa0e9a4b7832bd2383b9738.jpg

Thank you sir, ....Good question on the English manual ... not sure.. ill try to find out.. ( i doubt it though) but not worried.. just glad its sort of finally here..
Fyi.. its slightly taller even as my foot still touches the ground easily and its slightly longer than my nmax but definitely significantly wider.. might not be able to filter through as much with bangkok traffic but I had to get it.. it was simply irresistible [emoji30].
Never had a forza to compare it to but got a feeling its a better ride( just like the nmax over the pcx)

• Like 1

Visited the Bitec Motor show yesterday.  The main reason for my trip was to see the Xmax.  I left disappointed along with many Thai's hanging around the same time I was there.  The bike looked great, but the seat is simply too high for most Thai's.  I watched a half dozen of them try to sit on the Xmax shaking their heads when their toes barely touched the ground... my wife included.  They also walked away frustrated.  The Xmax looks like a success for the limited  farang market but I believe they have seriously damaged their sales with the Thai market by releasing this bike with a seat higher than many larger displacement scooters.  Guess I'll wait a few months. I imagine there will be a few lower aftermarket seats available  by then.

Suzuki had the 650 Burgman imported from Japan.  Beautiful scooter (lower seat than Xmax) by I don't really want a 650 for running around town.  380,000 baht.

The Forza was nowhere to be scene.  I guess they are embarrassed as the Xmax looks like a much nicer 300 at the moment.

Now that Xmax300 is what a scooter in that cc. and price range should look like. Gorgeous bike and I am very happy the seat height will eliminate most Thai blokes from owning one. Once again Honda have let Yamaha steal their thunder. Your mention of 380K for the Burgman 650 got me thinking as prior to moving to Thailand I had the 650 Executive model for my commute in the Bay Area. ABS, heated grips, electric adjustable windscreen and moved like a bat out of hell. The only competition then for this 650 if it is indeed the Executive would be the Yamaha Tmax530 and the BMW 650 GT or 650 sport but those cost over 550,000K

Visited the Bitec Motor show yesterday.  The main reason for my trip was to see the Xmax.  I left disappointed along with many Thai's hanging around the same time I was there.  The bike looked great, but the seat is simply too high for most Thai's.  I watched a half dozen of them try to sit on the Xmax shaking their heads when their toes barely touched the ground... my wife included.  They also walked away frustrated.  The Xmax looks like a success for the limited  farang market but I believe they have seriously damaged their sales with the Thai market by releasing this bike with a seat higher than many larger displacement scooters.  Guess I'll wait a few months. I imagine there will be a few lower aftermarket seats available  by then.
  Suzuki had the 650 Burgman imported from Japan.  Beautiful scooter (lower seat than Xmax) by I don't really want a 650 for running around town.  380,000 baht.

The Forza was nowhere to be scene.  I guess they are embarrassed as the Xmax looks like a much nicer 300 at the moment.

I’m 177 cm in height and if I’m sitting back on the seat , I tippy toe to the ground, which is fine by me, but for anyone shorter... it maybe a task. Aftermarket seats will help but I think it will cut down on the under seat storage that the Oem seat was design for...

599dc7428089a_congratulations.jpg.1b58fabb6fa0e9a4b7832bd2383b9738.jpg

Heres your online downloadable english manual...
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trikyle said:

I’m 177 cm in height and if I’m sitting back on the seat , I tippy toe to the ground, which is fine by me, but for anyone shorter... it maybe a task. Aftermarket seats will help but I think it will cut down on the under seat storage that the Oem seat was design for...

Yes, that's correct.  One of the sales people suggested cutting the seat down but because of the cavity under the seat the foam is only about an inch thick at the front.  You'd end up having little or no foam left if you tried to alter the OEM seat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, idman said:

Now that Xmax300 is what a scooter in that cc. and price range should look like. Gorgeous bike and I am very happy the seat height will eliminate most Thai blokes from owning one. Once again Honda have let Yamaha steal their thunder. Your mention of 380K for the Burgman 650 got me thinking as prior to moving to Thailand I had the 650 Executive model for my commute in the Bay Area. ABS, heated grips, electric adjustable windscreen and moved like a bat out of hell. The only competition then for this 650 if it is indeed the Executive would be the Yamaha Tmax530 and the BMW 650 GT or 650 sport but those cost over 550,000K

I don't think they called it "Executive" but it had ABS and adjustable windscreen.  Not sure about the heated grips, but I wouldn't really care about his feature here.

12 hours ago, idman said:

News that the Xmax seat height may be too high for many Thais may help keep the 2nd hand Forza 300 market prices high. :-(  

I would opt for the more cushioned seat option for my 33" leg length.

Edited by Ahnsahn
  • Like 1