Yamaha Xmax 300 coming to Thailand?

jackcorbett

12 hours ago, Trikyle said:

Heres your online downloadable english manual...
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for the link to the Eng version of the Xmax 300 owners manual, it is a very interesting and informative look through, eg.: Every two years replace internal components of the brake master cylinder and calipers.

This is one nice looking, designed machine!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ragpicker said:

Visited the Bitec Motor show yesterday.  The main reason for my trip was to see the Xmax.  I left disappointed along with many Thai's hanging around the same time I was there.  The bike looked great, but the seat is simply too high for most Thai's.  I watched a half dozen of them try to sit on the Xmax shaking their heads when their toes barely touched the ground... my wife included.  They also walked away frustrated.  The Xmax looks like a success for the limited  farang market but I believe they have seriously damaged their sales with the Thai market by releasing this bike with a seat higher than many larger displacement scooters.  Guess I'll wait a few months. I imagine there will be a few lower aftermarket seats available  by then.

Suzuki had the 650 Burgman imported from Japan.  Beautiful scooter (lower seat than Xmax) by I don't really want a 650 for running around town.  380,000 baht.

The Forza was nowhere to be scene.  I guess they are embarrassed as the Xmax looks like a much nicer 300 at the moment.

I dont think the seat height is a problem at all, plenty of Thais are tall enough to ride this bike. It will sell as hell :smile:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Will Yamaha post the number of Xmax 300 Thai orders that were placed at the Bitec show?

Does anyone know whether the optional 'comfort' seat offered on Yamaha's website is available for the Xmax 300 and whether the additional 'comfort' means the seat has more padding? Also, can the optional Akrapovic exhaust be ordered? 

my sales lady at Bitec told me yesterday about 150 Xmas/day have been ordered

akrapovic is 22.5k silver and 32k/carbon look available in BKK acc. shops already, no idea about the seat, I ay opt for the short and sporty wind screen

22 hours ago, idman said:

For this Ragpicker's info. it was called the Executive in the U.S. market and it did have heated grips. I oughta know I rode one for two years.

Uh, for your info idman, I was referring to the Burgman 650 I was looking at..., at Bitec!

Edited by ragpicker

1 hour ago, MrJ said:

my sales lady at Bitec told me yesterday about 150 Xmas/day have been ordered

akrapovic is 22.5k silver and 32k/carbon look available in BKK acc. shops already, no idea about the seat, I ay opt for the short and sporty wind screen

150 scooter sales per day is very respectable indeed!

Speaking of Bkk acc - mod shops, there is a 2:16.58 video (in Thai) showing someone's new Xmax 300 complete with newly installed Malossi / YSS shocks (?) getting his variator upgraded with faster rollers/belt. They then follow the modded Xmax 300 through the streets of Bkk showing how much more quickly it accelerates and slices through traffic! 
Because I mostly ride with a passenger on pot hole roads, in addition to adding better shocks and a comfort seat, I would also add a storage box and Pirelli (or Michelin) tires - w/ a wider size rear tire if possible.

So if you decide to get rid of the stock muffler and opt instead for an aftermarket one such as an Akrapovic just to make more noise will you void the Manafactures warrenty?.. Pretty stupid if that is the case. I know for a fact that if you do that with a new Honda your warrenty is worth s..hit..

I find that claim of selling of 150 Xmax bikes a day at Bitec extremely/impossible difficult to believe.  That's almost 16 bikes an hour every day!!  In the 15-20 minutes I was in the Yamaha area I saw no buyers.  I was there Tuesday afternoon and the overall crowd for the event was not much.

I can't see Thai's lining up to purchase a bike many cannot sit on, in addition to being put off by the price tag, which is reasonable to me but not to many Thai's.

You don't see many Thai's driving the Suzuki Burgman 200, or the Honda Forza.

Back from the show within the past hour and it was worth the trip to Bangkok to finally check out the XMax 300. It lives up to all the hype and then some. It was funny watching the Thais sit on it and observe their expressions when they discovered they could not reach the ground with their feet. Of course that did not deter them from taking lots of photos. I never saw another Farang in the twenty minutes I spent at the Yamaha section. I was drawn to the brown color first. I also checked out the Tmax 530 that was right beside the Xmax and man was that a mighty fine maxi scooter. Next stop was the Suzuki section to check out the Burman 650, at the price of only 384,000 baht for a well made and tricked out maxi scooter it was a nice alternative. Next stop was the BMW section and a look at their 650 GT scooter. Oh Boy, that was by far and away the nicest looking scooter I have ever seen. I sat on it for about ten minutes and chatted away with young girl who turned out to be a sales rep at the dealership in Chiang Mai and was anxious to offer a substantial promotion if I bought at the show. The last stop was the Honda section. What a disgrace, absolutely nothing to combat the Yamaha offerings, not even a Forza 300 2016 to be seen. I came away from the show satisfied and well informed. At this stage of my life along with being confortable financially maybe not settling for the ordinary, i.e. the Xmax 300 is something I should consider. You only go round one time, there is no do over and after seeing that BMW maxi scooter I have a decision to make. Being able to get a BMW 650 right away is also atractive, having to wait for up to four months for an Xmax 300 is a downer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, idman said:

Back from the show within the past hour and it was worth the trip to Bangkok to finally check out the XMax 300. It lives up to all the hype and then some. It was funny watching the Thais sit on it and observe their expressions when they discovered they could not reach the ground with their feet. Of course that did not deter them from taking lots of photos. I never saw another Farang in the twenty minutes I spent at the Yamaha section. I was drawn to the brown color first. I also checked out the Tmax 530 that was right beside the Xmax and man was that a mighty fine maxi scooter. Next stop was the Suzuki section to check out the Burman 650, at the price of only 384,000 baht for a well made and tricked out maxi scooter it was a nice alternative. Next stop was the BMW section and a look at their 650 GT scooter. Oh Boy, that was by far and away the nicest looking scooter I have ever seen. I sat on it for about ten minutes and chatted away with young girl who turned out to be a sales rep at the dealership in Chiang Mai and was anxious to offer a substantial promotion if I bought at the show. The last stop was the Honda section. What a disgrace, absolutely nothing to combat the Yamaha offerings, not even a Forza 300 2016 to be seen. I came away from the show satisfied and well informed. At this stage of my life along with being confortable financially maybe not settling for the ordinary, i.e. the Xmax 300 is something I should consider. You only go round one time, there is no do over and after seeing that BMW maxi scooter I have a decision to make. Being able to get a BMW 650 right away is also atractive, having to wait for up to four months for an Xmax 300 is a downer.

Go for it .Its only numbers on your bank book .I have numbers too but their tiny .

Edited by anto

3 hours ago, ragpicker said:

I find that claim of selling of 150 Xmax bikes a day at Bitec extremely/impossible difficult to believe.  That's almost 16 bikes an hour every day!!  In the 15-20 minutes I was in the Yamaha area I saw no buyers.  I was there Tuesday afternoon and the overall crowd for the event was not much.

I can't see Thai's lining up to purchase a bike many cannot sit on, in addition to being put off by the price tag, which is reasonable to me but not to many Thai's.

You don't see many Thai's driving the Suzuki Burgman 200, or the Honda Forza.

i assume those numbers are including bookings made via phone, email, line, Facebook and may even dealer shops - in Pattaya Mytion Pattaya Thai (grey) and Watchara Sukhumvit (white) have one bike for show only already at the shop and accepting orders without confirming delivery date

8 hours ago, idman said:

Nice 1st hand observance of the scooters displayed at the Bitec show. :thumbsup: Have you decided which scooter you will buy? You can't go wrong with any of the 3 models you listed but that BMW 650 GT is particularly sweet with its performance components and like you said, 'At this stage of my life along with being comfortable financially, maybe not settling for the ordinary...'. 
The Xmax 300 looks good in its class but reviewers say there is room for improvement in its braking (especially when compared to the that of the TMax [and the NMax?]). Same for its shock absorbers when dealing with pot holes. I like the specs of the XMax 300 but when I get one, I am going to immediately upgrade those 2 components plus improve the quality of the tires. My riding comfort-quality is my priority. If Yamaha's build quality is anything like Honda's is famed to be, then it's a no-brainer of decision to improve the weak components because it's highly unprobable that any related warranty issue will ever arise. Luckily, I am able to wait to compare Honda's Forza 300 upgrade (Dec -Jan?) before deciding which 300 model to buy.

Edited by Ahnsahn

1 hour ago, idman said:

My heart says Get the BMW 650, it's what you really want but my mind says Get the Burgman 650 and save 170,000 baht for a very simlilar maxi scooter. Luckily I have the luxury of time to make a final decision.

The classic 'Heart vs Mind' decision, a conundrum indeed!: 
On the face of it, if it's solely about which scooter's features appeal to you the most then list all the + and - of each bike and let the 'best' list win. 
On the other hand, if you want to factor in the THB 170,000 price difference then you have to ask yourself what features of the BMW that you like to justify the additional THB 170,000 cost.
I personally like the 'Door #1' option.
These are two nice machines but maybe the head-to-head comparison in this review will help you with your decision:
https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/bmw/2017-bmw-c-650-sport-c-650-gt-ar175199.html
The BMW with its renowed performance quality and those dual floating 270mm front discs are a sure winner but the Executive is one 'nice' machine, too.
No matter which machine you choose - you win!

just got final number from Yamaha Thailand Sales,

611 total sales during the show only (not included pre order from dealers/show rooms)

Edited by MrJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today was in the Pattaya area of South Road and Soi Buakhao and passing the Mityon dealer there I spotted a Xmax.  Out of curiosity I asked the sales guy the price (confirmed 168,000) and the lead time if I was to buy.  His reply was he could get one in two days, any color!! 

Today was in the Pattaya area of South Road and Soi Buakhao and passing the Mityon dealer there I spotted a Xmax.  Out of curiosity I asked the sales guy the price (confirmed 168,000) and the lead time if I was to buy.  His reply was he could get one in two days, any color!! 

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, MrJ said:

i was there as well - asked and was told don't know delivery time but at least 2 months, same at Yamaha main dealer Watchara Sukhv.

I could have bought the Xmax on display yesterday (yellow & black) and would have if not for the seat height issue.  I assume Mityon would have replaced it with another one fairly quickly.  

Edited by ragpicker

1 hour ago, ragpicker said:

I could have bought the Xmax on display yesterday (yellow & black) and would have if not for the seat height issue.  I assume Mityon would have replaced it with another one fairly quickly.  

I am confused,

not clear about what you are trying to say, can you help me understand the point(s) you are trying to make?
- What do you mean by, ' seat height issue'? What seat height issue?? Are you saying you did not buy the XMax 300 display model because the seat height is too high?

- What do you mean by, 'I assume Mityon would have replaced it with another one fairly quickly'.   ???

confused.jpg

Edited by Ahnsahn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ahnsahn said:

I am confused,

not clear about what you are trying to say, can you help me understand the point(s) you are trying to make?
- What do you mean by, ' seat height issue'? What seat height issue?? Are you saying you did not buy the XMax 300 display model because the seat height is too high?

- What do you mean by, 'I assume Mityon would have replaced it with another one fairly quickly'.   ???

confused.jpg

Guess you haven't read the previous posts Ahnsahn?   Yes, the seat height is an issue for many shorter people, most Thai's, including my wife who cannot sit on the Xmax with her feet touching the ground.  This is putting me off purchasing until someone comes out with a lower aftermarket seat (or Honda brings out an updated/nicer Forsa which already has a lower seat).

Because the guy selling the Xmas at Mityon yesterday told me he could get any color in 2 days, I figured there is no problem getting these bikes.   Well, apparently that guy has his head up his butt.  I passed the same Mityon shop today and the yellow Xmax was already sold.   I asked another seller there when she expects another Xmax and she replied "three weeks, maybe less".  I'll update here again if & when I see another one at this Mityon shop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJ said:

what Mityon shop are you talking about? I have been corner 3rd Rd./South Pattaya Rd. which mentioned show model not for sale order only......

South Road/Soi Buakhao.   Smaller Mityon.  The one on 3rd road is the biggest of the Mityon's in Pattaya.  

Across the street from the shop I visited (which sells a mixture of bikes) is another Mityon that I believe sells only Hondas.

Initially, I did not see the seat height to be a big issue, but but your concern allows for a potential rebirth of demand for the Forza 300...for both the current model and any soon-to-be-released models. The features of the Xmax 300 seemed to have had the Forza 300 pinned on the ropes but this little incident.

• Like 1

Will someone PLEASE post their initial impressions of the Xmax 300 as I assume there are viewers of this site who have already taken delivery and put at least a 100k on their new toy. I am curious to know if the hype this scooter received is in fact true.

Saw my first Xmax 300 this morning here in Chiang Mai. Being ridden by a Thai girl who did not speak English as I attempted to ask her how she liked the scooter. Her model was the dark gray color and it certainly stood out. A very eye catching scooter which I am sure will be very successful. One final things, she was up on her toes trying to keep the scooter balanced and that was proving to be a task.

9 hours ago, idman said:

Saw my first Xmax 300 this morning here in Chiang Mai. Being ridden by a Thai girl who did not speak English as I attempted to ask her how she liked the scooter. Her model was the dark gray color and it certainly stood out. A very eye catching scooter which I am sure will be very successful. One final things, she was up on her toes trying to keep the scooter balanced and that was proving to be a task.

Did you ride her ? The scooter that is ;-)