Frenchman dies after alleged jump from 16th floor of Phuket hotel

webfact

Frenchman dies after alleged jump from 16th floor of Phuket hotel

Darawan Naknakhon

1477023166_1-org.jpg

Police and rescue workers take photos of the Frenchman's body. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- Police are investigating the death of a Frenchman who is alleged to have jumped from the 16th floor balcony of Patong hotel early this morning (Oct 21).

Lt Yingyong Chuykit from the Patong Police was notified at around 6:40am today by staff from the Andaman Beach Suites on Rat Uthit 200 Pi Rd that a Frenchman had died after jumping from a balcony on the 16th floor of the hotel.

The victim, name withheld until his family have been notified, was staying at room 302 of the neighbouring Saria Mansion and had checked in alone on Oct 29 police were told.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/frenchman-dies-after-alleged-jump-from-16th-floor-of-phuket-hotel-59549.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-21

French man jumps to his death from Patong hotel

Phuket Gazette

pkt2.jpeg          

The French national reportedly tied a blindfold around his head before jumping from the 16th floor of the Andaman Beach Suites Hotel. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- A French man jumped to his death from the 16th floor of a hotel in Patong around 6:30 this morning.

A horrified electrician working on the same floor of the hotel spotted the man as he prepared to jump and unsuccessfully tried to talk him down.

Police confirmed that the 47-year-old man was a French national and that he appears to have deliberately jumped from one of the top floors of the Andaman Beach Suites Hotel.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/French-man-jumps-his-death-Patong-hotel/65751?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-10-21

May he RIP. He was obviously a decent person. He must have had a rented bike out and did this before leaving the bike back, so he left the money aside to pay this debt.

Reminds me of the saying..."Only the good ones etc.,......"

Is it just me, or is there an unusually high number of foreigners jumping off tall buildings in Thailand? There's hardly a week goes by without someone, somewhere in the country falling to their death. I've never come across anything like it in my life. Or maybe it's so commonplace that it doesn't hit news headlines in other countries! Still, it does seems like an extreme way to end one's life.

RIP all those lost souls.

Stubby

27 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Is it just me, or is there an unusually high number of foreigners jumping off tall buildings in Thailand? There's hardly a week goes by without someone, somewhere in the country falling to their death. I've never come across anything like it in my life. Or maybe it's so commonplace that it doesn't hit news headlines in other countries! Still, it does seems like an extreme way to end one's life.

RIP all those lost souls.

Stubby

No, of course, it's not just you.

Thing is ... this country acts as a magnet to all kinds of Western people  who feel unhappy, unloved, and who come to believe, for better or worse, that things will somehow get better here.

It would take a whole book to analyze this situation thoroughly, beyond the clichés and preconceived ideas which abound on the subject (and appear on this Forum with the regularity of a Swiss cuckoo clock). For better or worse (and let's face it, more often the latter) the fact remains that many Westerners fall in love here, and thereupon seem to lose even the minimum common sense and foresight which they would probably retain if they were in their own country/context.

Sociologically and psychologically, it's not surprising in fact, and I won't go into it, because like I said it would require a thorough and extensive study.

The result, sadly, is that a lot of these guys end up losing the minimum that they had in the first place, ie their dream. And this often results in suicides. Accusing Thailand of being entirely responsible for these suicides is akin to accusing alcohol of slowly murdering people. It's absurd.

Also, let's not forget that a lot of Westerners are living here happily with their Thai spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend. Their happiness doesn't make the headlines because happiness is not what media feed themselves on, we all know that.

Maybe the hypocites are right here on this web and maybe not .Lets say 25% are not suicide but murders for various reasons. All theses suicides or potential murders are reported here in LSO. Those that are Australian should know ALL suicides are not reported in the media here in Aussie and I believe there are more suicides than car deaths here. YOU GET WHERE THIS IS GOING. So who is wrong and who is right in reporting all deaths from falls.

18 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Maybe the hypocites are right here on this web and maybe not .Lets say 25% are not suicide but murders for various reasons. All theses suicides or potential murders are reported here in LSO. Those that are Australian should know ALL suicides are not reported in the media here in Aussie and I believe there are more suicides than car deaths here. YOU GET WHERE THIS IS GOING. So who is wrong and who is right in reporting all deaths from falls.

true, the old gateway bridge i9n brisbane had 15 jumpers in the first 8 days it was open, some people thought a springboard would help the line get through a bit quicker

2 hours ago, Cloggie said:

So room 302 is on floor 16th...

Read it again, he didn't jump from his room but from the hotel next door. Presumably his hotel wasn't high enough.

This appears to be a well prepared act, whatever drove him to it, RIP.

"The electrician, Kittisak Duangniras, 37, used his mobile phone to capture video of the French man as he blindfolded himself with a piece of cloth before jumping to his death, landing in the hotel’s car park, police told the Gazette."

link to the video? 

1 hour ago, Lex Talionis said:

link to the video? 

I don't want to link it.

liveleak.com

search for Phuket

Still pictures on "unwanted sources" (due to TV forum).

An English speaking guy shouts in a loud voice to convince him to stop to no avail.

The sound of the impact is terrifying.

Gravity is just a "theory" like Global Warming.  

We know really smart people like Scientists are lying to us.  

This can't be right.

People can fly.  Just by flapping their arms.

I dreamed it as a child, so it must be true.

Keep on drinking and "flying".  

No harm will come of you, 555

Archived