Transfer of stamp to new passport & 90-Day

Hi, I just got my new British passport from Trendy. The officer there invalidated my old P/P which is not yet expired by cutting away one corner of the back cover page. My retirement visa is still with the old one. I will report my 90-D at CW at end of Nov and wonder whether I should do the Transfer of stamp to new P/P first and then report 90-D in that order on the same visit. To my understanding, there is no legal time limitation as to when to transfer the stamp at the latest after receiving the new P/P as long as I bring both P/P every time.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

You will need to do the stamp transfer before you do your 90 day report. You could do it in the same trip to immigration.

Immigration suggests you do the stamp transfer as soon as possible after getting a new passport.

• Like 1

I recently did transfer of stamps to new passport (Australian). I would recommend doing the transfer of stamps as soon as you can, Then start changing everything to the new passport. Any bank account you have will be old passport and passport is required for some transactions, the number on your license is old passport. If you do online 90 day, the system wont recognize new passport No. I have transferred stamps and last time I tried I still couldn't do online 90 day with new passport, it would only recognize old passport. I presume a 90 day report at Imm office wont go through, passport number wont match with you unless stamps have been transferred and they know about your new PP No.

• Like 2

Good points in previous post.

Indeed don't forget the banks (account).

And the 90 day online report won't work anymore.

Seemingly because the transfer of stamps does not include matching the new passport nr. with the departure card no.

So you would have to do a border run(!) to get it fixed.

I won't.

Returned to snail mail :sleep:

I did my stamp transfer soon after having new passport in August.

Returned in late September to do extension.

(not in Bangkok)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

The U.S. embessy still gives us a transfer letter for immigration.

At least they did in June 2015 when I got my new pasport.

I was told to take the letter to immigration as soon as possible.

They did not TRANSFER my old visa, but made a note in Thai in my new passport referiing to the old passport and stamped that page with a signature from immigration.

Took about 15 minutes, the main time being typing my new passport number and data into their immigration database.

My old U.S. passport was simply stamped  as cancelled on the photo I.D.page by the U.S. embessy, nothing else.

• Like 1

I just did a stamp transfer to new passport two days ago – in my case I had to fill a document and attach a photo, the Immigration officer kindly did whatever necessary photocopies (seemed like: new passport coverpage, old passport coverpage, both in same copy, all stamps and Visas that need to be transferred), and I had to pay a fee of 500 baht – all done in 1 hour. 

With the stamps in my new passport I could continue to my other Immigration Office business (Visa extension).

However, they forgot stable my "arrival/departure"-card back in – only noticed that the next day – presume that's still valid. However, seem from other threads like it's not a big problem, one can just take a new one upon departure.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I caused a bit of a stir with Immigration Suvarnabhumi by arriving with a NEW Passport but all my stuff  still stamped on the OLD Passport which I also had with me.

Wife and I have Retirement NonO Immi set up and there was the correct Re-Entry stamp etc - everything was correct but in OLD Passport.

The queues where horrendous and my Immi Officer had to spend maybe 10 to 15 minutes while she said she had to transfer stuff from OLD PP to NEW PP  - she was not smiling - the pity of it is she was quite nice.:smile:

Point is when I received my latest my Retirement stamp I was told in no uncertain terms to arrive back in Thailand with a new Passport as they had just used up the very last page.

Well I did  - but received a rollicking from the lady Immi at Suvarnabhumi.

This seems to me chicken and egg  - I needed the OLD PP made OLD by corner clipping in order to get my NEW PP.

Cannot see any way around arriving back in the manner in which I did.

I presume I had better get to Chiang Mai Immi as I have no idea if she transferred everything or just enough to get me out of her Queue.

I did a Recce at Ringping – and saw that there is a separate queue for 'TRANSFER TO NEW PP'.

But I have no idea of the FORM to be in filled – would like to get all ready before arrival.

I have just now read  there is a charge for this procedure of Baht 500.

It would seem I need photo copies of both PP of the page holding all details – portrait etc??

Plus a couple of portrait photos??.

But as I said the whole thing may have been done as she took some 15 minutes by my reckoning.

ALL I have in my NEW PP  is a single stamp showing VISA Class of ‘Non RE’ and  that I am admitted up to the renewal date of my Retirement  plus there is the Number of my OLD PASSPORT in handwriting.

Be grateful for any comments.

All Best for coming New Year :- to everyone on this marvellously useful ThaiVisa Forum - without whom in all probability we would not now be enjoying our time here under the auspices of the Retirement set up

Edited by factseeker
spacing
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Hi,

I caused a bit of a stir with Immigration Suvarnabhumi by arriving with a NEW Passport but all my stuff  still stamped on the OLD Passport which I also had with me.

Wife and I have Retirement NonO Immi set up and there was the correct Re-Entry stamp etc - everything was correct but in OLD Passport.

The queues where horrendous and my Immi Officer had to spend maybe 10 to 15 minutes while she said she had to transfer stuff from OLD PP to NEW PP  - she was not smiling - the pity of it is she was quite nice.:smile:

Point is when I received my latest my Retirement stamp I was told in no uncertain terms to arrive back in Thailand with a new Passport as they had just used up the very last page.

Well I did  - but received a rollicking from the lady Immi at Suvarnabhumi.

This seems to me chicken and egg  - I needed the OLD PP made OLD by corner clipping in order to get my NEW PP.

Cannot see any way around arriving back in the manner in which I did.

I presume I had better get to Chiang Mai Immi as I have no idea if she transferred everything or just enough to get me out of her Queue.

I did a Recce at Ringping – and saw that there is a separate queue for 'TRANSFER TO NEW PP'.

But I have no idea of the FORM to be in filled – would like to get all ready before arrival.

I have just now read  there is a charge for this procedure of Baht 500.

It would seem I need photo copies of both PP of the page holding all details – portrait etc??

Plus a couple of portrait photos??.

But as I said the whole thing may have been done as she took some 15 minutes by my reckoning.

ALL I have in my NEW PP  is a single stamp showing VISA Class of ‘Non RE’ and  that I am admitted up to the renewal date of my Retirement  plus there is the Number of my OLD PASSPORT in handwriting.

Be grateful for any comments.

All Best for coming New Year :- to everyone on this marvellously useful ThaiVisa Forum - without whom in all probability we would not now be enjoying our time here under the auspices of the Retirement set up

The form is on the Immigration website in the forms, there is no number on it, the name is "SUBJECT  TRANSFER  STAMP  TO NEW PASSPORT"

res_transferstamp.doc

• Like 1

On 22/10/2016 at 7:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will need to do the stamp transfer before you do your 90 day report. You could do it in the same trip to immigration.

Immigration suggests you do the stamp transfer as soon as possible after getting a new passport.

I am going to try for a Thai driving License this year so will need a Res Cert - in addition to getting my current Stamps moved to my new Passport.

I notice that the Form  "SUBJECT  TRANSFER  STAMP  TO NEW PASSPORT"  is filed twice - once also under 'Res Cert' although the Forms appear to me identical - so same Form used.

Would that mean that I can get both things processed on Floor 2 at Rimping at the same time - with a single action using the one Form?

Looks like I have to be at Rimping between 9am & 11am to get a queue No for the Res Cert - so would save a double trip or double Forms etc.

Best Rgds.

Edited by factseeker
  • Like 1

thks cobbers for all the above info, my super duper visa agent,has placed a charge of three thousand baht to do the t/f of visas from my old p/port to my new one

and in addition her services has fallen by the wayside in other areas

therefore cobbers

1/ is three thousand baht  the right price to do the t/f???

2/ has anyone done this T/F solo  at Promenada Cmai Immgr Dept,without any  hitches (so to speak) to save three thousand baht

3/any directions or heads up,  in doing the above in the correct manner is very mutch appreciated

many thanks for reading my post,and any assistance provided to do this T/F solo

a very nice evening  and happy new year to all

E/S